Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 2:34 AM
Default Medieval Name Generator
I was having trouble coming up with names for my Sims in TSM that sounded right until I found this name generator.
Medieval Name Generator
On another somewhat related note; why do we give the Sims last names? Are they ever used in the game?

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 3:36 AM
Thanks for the link! I'm having the same trouble. And, no, I've not seen the last names used at all.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 12:47 PM
I'm happy with TSM own name generator. I wish they would have given us one for TS3.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 1:12 PM Last edited by GiveTheNineARide : 5th Apr 2011 at 1:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by chyrun
I'm happy with TSM own name generator. I wish they would have given us one for TS3.

Oops! My bad! I never knew that there was a name generator built into the game, thanks for the tip.

There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 3:46 PM
Haha, you're welcome!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 4:18 PM
I have noticed children having the parents surname especially in the relationship line up of faces and when you make sims active in family as well. It's definitely appeared in my game. Maybe a glitch for me, it would be interesting if anyone else has spotted it.
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 1:12 AM
Quick side note: if you'd like last names in game, just give your sim 3 names (entering 2 names into the space provided for the first name). Kinda obvious, but I missed it completely until a friend pointed it out to me.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Werdbooty
Quick side note: if you'd like last names in game, just give your sim 3 names (entering 2 names into the space provided for the first name). Kinda obvious, but I missed it completely until a friend pointed it out to me.

That's a great suggestion. It's not that I want my Sims to have a last name. I was just wondering why you must enter something for the last name, but then I've never seen it used anywhere in the game. Usually when a parameter is required by a computer program it's to avoid a problem down the line. I just don't see it in this case and was asking if I had missed something.

Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 5:13 AM
The only place I've seen last names used is when people refer to your monarch. Like if I named my monarch John Smith, people will refer to him as "Lord Smith".

But I assume last names are used to tell the game who is in the same family. Or maybe not. I'm not sure if you can use the same last name for more than one hero, so that may not be the case.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ansalem
The only place I've seen last names used is when people refer to your monarch. Like if I named my monarch John Smith, people will refer to him as "Lord Smith".

But I assume last names are used to tell the game who is in the same family. Or maybe not. I'm not sure if you can use the same last name for more than one hero, so that may not be the case.

My game uses the first name along with whatever title.
As an example my current Monarch is named Gregor Firethorne and the game refers to him as "Lord Gregor The Great".

Instructor
#11 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 11:00 AM
Yeah, I gave my first batch of heroes real, historical names (even took some time to research!), just to find out they never use them....

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 11:34 PM
Fabulous - thanks!
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 8:48 AM
Thanks alot. That thing comes up with really cool names.

Anyway, I never really understood the last name thing either, but I give them the last names I want them to have- just in case. A little bit after my queen got married to her wife and I scrolled over her, it said 'Dimples Suzumi' for just a few seconds.