Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 10:50 PM
Default what are some things to help with lag in game play?
I have been playing this one family and they move fine at first but lag after less then an hour of game play like supper long lag. the game moves smoothly in buy mode however. what factors are contributing? I have reflections turned off, but have used 4GB of my 5GB One Drive space and have been recording videos. I am on a large lot with lots of objects on it but I also lag when out side the house. Have not tried other families yet. Just looking for lag reduction tips other then adjustments to the options. like do certain objects effect lag more? does space left on my drive matter? BTW not running any thing else in the background and this is a windows 10 computer. I didn't have this issue on previous families in different towns but it did happen before on a lot with a huge pool and water tows, this lot has no water objects. I'll have to test smaller lots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 11:26 PM
See if some of these tips help you out: Tips For Better Game Performance at NRaas
Also see Sims 3 Game Help On Sims Wiki
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 12:15 AM Last edited by kaykeyser : 17th Jan 2017 at 12:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
See if some of these tips help you out: Tips For Better Game Performance at NRaas
Also see Sims 3 Game Help On Sims Wiki

still annoying. rather then an exact answer I have to try every thing until one thing works. but it does point out a few things but I still have to wait before I KNOW. I have to load in then play a while. exsiting and coming back is not enough, I have to play an hour or so to see if the changes took effect as its not a lag right away.

update plaid off line , with out cheats and with the CC I don't need removed and problem was not fixed.
Inventor
#4 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 12:51 AM
Can you post your PC specs so I can get a better picture of your situation?
There are a lot of things you can do to improve your gameplay performance, but first I need to know that your problem is not hardware-related; that you're not trying to run the game on a lower-end pc/laptop.
It'd also be helpful if you tell me WHEN this lag happens, all the time?, at certain moments?, in fresh new savegames? What size is the world you're playing in? How many Sims live there? Do you have any mods installed?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 1:40 AM Last edited by kaykeyser : 17th Jan 2017 at 2:33 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
Can you post your PC specs so I can get a better picture of your situation?
There are a lot of things you can do to improve your gameplay performance, but first I need to know that your problem is not hardware-related; that you're not trying to run the game on a lower-end pc/laptop.
It'd also be helpful if you tell me WHEN this lag happens, all the time?, at certain moments?, in fresh new savegames? What size is the world you're playing in? How many Sims live there? Do you have any mods installed?

update: Removed Cache files, was able to "Share" familes again.

Windows 10 PC IDK other specs

it happened when
trying to exist a blessed sarcophagus
talked to a where wolf paper girl
left the school bus
did my home work
used the telliporter
turned on the slip and slide
placed a swimming pool
after pausing the game and hitting play
after recording video
tilted the camera while eating a snow cone

keep in mind this is happening in a new neighborhood the old one this only happened with large size lots, large familes, pools and videos now its happening on a lot of things while on a large lot.

in many cases objects with blinking lights and sleep Zs still move but time and sims does not move. Going to menu and back to game fixes it for a short time.

Also my sims are getting highly distracted on bus trips they go to school but get distracted from entering school
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
"have been recording videos."

There you go. You don't actually expect to be recording and not having lag issues?

it used to lag while recording videos its never lagged aftter recording videos.
Inventor
#8 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 11:18 AM
I mean, since you don't know your PC specs (the OS tells me nothing about your PC), I'm guessing it might not be a gaming PC (mid-range or high-end) so, you should be careful. Playing TS3 in a non-gaming PC is not a great idea, because you will always experience some lag. Your PC should have NO LESS than 6 GB of RAM, so TS3 can take full advantage of up to 3,5 GB (32-bit application limit) and still have some space so your PC will never have to use the pagefile while playing. Having your game and My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 directories in an SSD will help a lot with loading times and also with gameplay because TS3 is always writing and reading cache files (simCompositor, compositor + WorldCaches + Thumbnails). A dual-core or quad-core with a very high core speed (+3.00 Ghz) is a must to experience good gameplay and less idle Sims (as well as better AI, more populated community lots, etc).
* You can try Unparking your CPU cores, though since you have Windows 10 they might be unparked by default. If you have RAM to spare (more than 8 GB), it's a great idea to use a Ram Disk and store there your Cache files and Thumbnails. You can search for tutorials to do these things here at MTS.
* There are some mods that help to improve performance and stability such as NRaas ErrorTrap and Overwatch. I'm using AwesomeMod and my understanding is that it helps improving performance by the mere act of having a way more stable and better coded StoryProgression. I've seldom had any lag since 2009, and I didn't even have a very good PC back then.
* If you have A LOT of CC, it's a great idea to merge them into bigger files. HERE you'll find how to do it.
* If you are recording gameplay, keep in mind that if you don't have a fast SSD AND a good video card you'll experience lag. Fraps tends to lag more than other programs like OBS and, although Fraps gives you the best visual quality, sometimes it's not worth it since you'll have to compress the files anyway. If you use OBS, keep in mind that you'll have to correct gamma to get a more accurate depiction of the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 1:49 PM
I mean, since you don't know your PC specs (the OS tells me nothing about your PC), I'm guessing it might not be a gaming PC (mid-range or high-end) so, you should be careful. Playing TS3 in a non-gaming PC is not a great idea, because you will always experience some lag. Your PC should have NO LESS than 6 GB of RAM, so TS3 can take full advantage of up to 3,5 GB (32-bit application limit) and still have some space so your PC will never have to use the pagefile while playing. Having your game and My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 directories in an SSD will help a lot with loading times and also with gameplay because TS3 is always writing and reading cache files (simCompositor, compositor + WorldCaches + Thumbnails). A dual-core or quad-core with a very high core speed (+3.00 Ghz) is a must to experience good gameplay and less idle Sims (as well as better AI, more populated community lots, etc).
* You can try Unparking your CPU cores, though since you have Windows 10 they might be unparked by default. If you have RAM to spare (more than 8 GB), it's a great idea to use a Ram Disk and store there your Cache files and Thumbnails. You can search for tutorials to do these things here at MTS.
* There are some mods that help to improve performance and stability such as NRaas ErrorTrap and Overwatch. I'm using AwesomeMod and my understanding is that it helps improving performance by the mere act of having a way more stable and better coded StoryProgression. I've seldom had any lag since 2009, and I didn't even have a very good PC back then.
* If you have A LOT of CC, it's a great idea to merge them into bigger files. HERE you'll find how to do it.
* If you are recording gameplay, keep in mind that if you don't have a fast SSD AND a good video card you'll experience lag. Fraps tends to lag more than other programs like OBS and, although Fraps gives you the best visual quality, sometimes it's not worth it since you'll have to compress the files anyway. If you use OBS, keep in mind that you'll have to correct gamma to get a more accurate depiction of the game.

I have NO CLUE what any of those words mean.

an acceptable answer would be (Object name ) creates lag, you have too many sims living in your town, there are too many cars on the road, your lot is too big, don't let sims listen to music, stay away from swimming pools, delete everything in (folder name) , play off line, clear (explore menu - unrelated to the sims but on your PC folder name - 2nd folder name data) , turn off story progression, don't let sims have babies, turn off weather, don't use cheats, don't use mods, don't unlock clothing. delete the kraken, you are being waaay too technical
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 2:50 PM
There is no one "acceptable" answer. Everyone's system is unique. The suggestions posted are fundamental responses to all threads in here requesting this type of assistance. We can not properly provide suggestions if we do not know the computer specs or what mods etc. you have installed. Hardware needs to be ruled out as the problem. Finding and correcting issues with the game can be tedious and there is a certain amount of work involved that you as a player need to do. In other words help us help you.

Without getting technical please note that going to the menu and back into the game is not a good idea. Among other things doing so increases memory useage, causes bloating and/or may corrupt the game itself.
Scholar
#11 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 3:27 PM Last edited by alljoj : 17th Jan 2017 at 3:39 PM.
For specs, right click the Windows icon. I think there's something called system information on the menu you get. (Apologies, I'm on mobile.)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#12 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaykeyser

an acceptable answer would be (Object name ) creates lag, you have too many sims living in your town, there are too many cars on the road, your lot is too big, don't let sims listen to music, stay away from swimming pools, delete everything in (folder name) , play off line, clear (explore menu - unrelated to the sims but on your PC folder name - 2nd folder name data) , turn off story progression, don't let sims have babies, turn off weather, don't use cheats, don't use mods, don't unlock clothing. delete the kraken, you are being waaay too technical
Well, if your graphics processor is too weak the advice is different from if your processor is too weak.
All of what you listed can mitigate lag but all of these things are related to different causes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
For specs, right click the Windows icon. I think there's something called system information on the menu you get. (Apologies, I'm on mobile.)

I don't see how any of this will help. The game worked when I made my super hero neighborhood and when I made my My Little Pony Neighborhood now I am in my supernatural neighborhood its lagging.

Windows 10 Home
@2016 Microsoft corperation all rights reserved
Processor intel(R) core (TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.71GHz installed memory (RAM) : 12.0GB (11.9 GB usable) System type: 64-bit Operating Sytem x64-based processor Pen and Touch No Pen or Touch input is available for this display
Computer name, domain, and working settings DESKTOP -9LC0665 Workgroup : WORKGROUP Product number 00325-80308-51282-51282-AAOEM
OneDrive 3.27 GB of 5GB contains 2,533 files ,109 folders. All files have been deleted fro DC Cache and DC Cache back up there are there are 15 files called ScriptError DeskTop-9LC065_01-16-2017 a 102,273 KB file called compositorCache.package 13 files taking up 34.3 MB in custom music as sims like to lag when music is on
7 files at 118 MB in recorded videos this folder I add and delete from all the time so the number changes. then I go to OneDrive and empty recycling bin.

Liberry has 160 files at 559MB

Mods is 233 files and 29 f0olders though this number may go up or down, at 330MB

Downloads is 603 files and 8 folders at 1.06 GB some of these other numbers may or may not have had decmil points as I almost wrote 106GB

saved outfits is empty

saved sims is 77 files at 37.5MB

saves is 24 files 600 MB

screen shots 8 files 3.09MB Thumbnails 3 files 107 MB

the town was called Appaloosa plains. when I was on isla Parandiso (whose back up folder exists even though I deleted that) I had no issues and I had no issues from Twinbrook Biz lots Only witch I also moved out of OneDrive but still keep it's pre"Save as" form as my back up town I know has nothing to give me issues over. nothing lagged me this bad until I did Appaloosa. Isla Parandisa was only 2 fammiles under my controle, they used all in game clothing , travvled the world and thanks to cheats grew past the 8 sim limit. This lagged the game at this point but before then it only lagged some times. After splitting the sims in to smaller families it unlagged until I used a cheat to turn on try for babby in story progression. Once sims started poping out babies, one sim got stuck in the hospital and a Reset this sim command cloned her and froze up her family removing my ability to controle the sims so I had to restart the area and redo the families from the last time they saved to the libberry.

0n Twinbrook I filled the place with TONS of familes not exsactly 160 I'll say 46 less then that it lagged when near any thing water related , near music playing or when making videos

this new town I am in has 45 familes in addion to the default amount going by the library files made this year.

all of them are some kind of occult type. vampieres, wearwolves,ghosts, unicorns, plantsims, mermaids, simbots, fairies, wiches, I added ocultypes to every one. everyone is at least some thing theres even aliens. I even have vampire and Wearwolf, simbot,ghost, genie etc added to animals and children, and a few lots with spawners to increase the number of spawns from wild animals. This was realy freaking out my mermaids seeing spawners for under sea life spawning on land was making all there chairs unuseable but I got over that. And I crashed the game when I made a dog a sim bot.
Affter moving everyone I to there houses I was ready to start my stories. but then inteactions as listed above would make the game freeze up for multiple minuets, less then an hour. time and sims don't move but lights still bling and sleep Zs still move. then the sims will move 2 or 3 steps and freeze. Going to buy mode, lets me move like normal but exsit buy mode and sims move then lag. Going to menue and back to the family also unfreezes them. Deleeting CC did not help. playing offline helped my Island unfreeze but did not help my current town unfreeze. Even in Sims 2 and never once in sims 3 I have never gotten the game to run a university lot ever. It does however let me run a vacation lot just fine and those do not freeze at all, though I have not tested a vaction lot since 2017 started. I have all EPs except in to the future, the Luancher says "this website can not display the page" this also happened with the lag AND the Cache files being deleted from the Cache folder. All these things happened at the same time...or naybe just before. no wait, yes it happened before and after the deleting. Deleeting Cache files let me "share" sims an issue I was not able to do in 2017 but COULD do in 2016. All my new issues are 2017 issues in 2016 I was not lagging THIS bad. This is the 1st town to be made based on use of "Buy debug" and "Unlockoutfits on" and "testingcheatsenabled true" but not cheating does not help either. I have not tried a new neighborhood yet nor have I tried a smaller lot. This lot is a 64 x64 lot I think or 50 x 50 ..its the max lot size whatever number it is. also my sim keepts running inside to light fire works he refuses to light them outside.

the 1st freez up was triggered by a sarcophicus and since them almost every little movment triggers issues. before I used the blessed sarcoffigus nothing was wrong.
Inventor
#14 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 11:03 PM
Well, thank you but I still don't know your graphics card. Just press the windows key and R and type dxdiag in the pop up window that appears at the bottom. Then go to the Screen tab and take note of the device info.

Some suggestions regarding other information you shared:
- DO NOT delete your files in DCCache. Those are your Store items + CC installed through the Launcher. You can delete the duplicate backup files created everytime you open the Launcher, but never the whole folder and .dbc .ebc files.
- You can delete everything in DCBackup since those are only used when you share stuff (like houses or Sims). The files inside this folder get packed with your Sims/Houses. I personally hate this so I keep mine empty.
- Mods folder seems to have too many files for that size. I have 3,5 GB and only 147 files (mostly script mods in separate files for ease of update). I suggest merging some of your mods.
- Downloads folder should be empty. Once you install its contents through the Launcher, you can safely delete every file in it. The game doesn't read those files and they're just taking up space in your drive.
- Library, savedSims, savedOutfits, screenshots, etc. don't matter much.
- You can delete the ScriptError files unless you want to share them or use them for something. If you're getting those files and you're using NRaas Mods, you may want to share them on their site. Otherwise, you have no use for those files (there are some programs that can use those files for different functions, but I assume you have none).
- You're playing in Appaloosa Plains, a town full of horses. Horse are a bitch because they get stuck all the time. I suggest that you install NRaas Overwatch AND MasterController and use MasterController Reset All command (Click on the Town Hall -> Nraas -> MasterController -> Town -> Reset Everything). Overwatch should reset stuck Sims/pets from now on, but that reset all will ensure that there are no other problems causing lag (like turned-on stereos).
- Number of Sims don't really matter that much with your CPU. What matters is the number of Sims who get stuck and how often.
- Overall, with your CPU and RAM, your game SHOULD NOT lag much (I assume you have a mid-range graphics card at least). This is clearly a problem related to the state of your town. As I said, a Reset Everything command should alleviate the problem. But I can't know for sure.
- Another weird thing is that you're storing your My Documents/EA/TS3 folder in OneDrive, which seem to have a limited space. This is probably a Windows 10 thing. The problem is that since it has limited space, the game might be having trouble creating the cache files while you're playing. The game is writing and reading all the time to and from the cache files (compositor and SimCompositor if you're playing in a EA base game or EP world; or a file inside WorldCaches if you're playing in a custom or Store world). If you don't have enough space, the game will struggle because it won't be able to store in a cache file and believe it will keep trying. This happened to me once because I use a Ram Disk and it got full before I even noticed and it caused a noticeable lag. Something to keep in mind is also HOW FAST does it take for the game to read/write those files? I don't really know how they work, but assuming the game is reading/writing information from the cloud, and if you're connection is not fast enough (especially your upload speed), this latency can cause a huge latency in game. I STRONGLY recommend that you move your My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder to a physical drive (SSD or fast HDD).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 11:21 PM
Well, thank you but I still don't know your graphics card. Just press the windows key and R and type dxdiag in the pop up window that appears at the bottom. Then go to the Screen tab and take note of the device info.

Some suggestions regarding other information you shared:
- DO NOT delete your files in DCCache. Those are your Store items + CC installed through the Launcher. You can delete the duplicate backup files created everytime you open the Launcher, but never the whole folder and .dbc .ebc files.
- You can delete everything in DCBackup since those are only used when you share stuff (like houses or Sims). The files inside this folder get packed with your Sims/Houses. I personally hate this so I keep mine empty.
- Mods folder seems to have too many files for that size. I have 3,5 GB and only 147 files (mostly script mods in separate files for ease of update). I suggest merging some of your mods.
- Downloads folder should be empty. Once you install its contents through the Launcher, you can safely delete every file in it. The game doesn't read those files and they're just taking up space in your drive.
- Library, savedSims, savedOutfits, screenshots, etc. don't matter much.
- You can delete the ScriptError files unless you want to share them or use them for something. If you're getting those files and you're using NRaas Mods, you may want to share them on their site. Otherwise, you have no use for those files (there are some programs that can use those files for different functions, but I assume you have none).
- You're playing in Appaloosa Plains, a town full of horses. Horse are a bitch because they get stuck all the time. I suggest that you install NRaas Overwatch AND MasterController and use MasterController Reset All command (Click on the Town Hall -> Nraas -> MasterController -> Town -> Reset Everything). Overwatch should reset stuck Sims/pets from now on, but that reset all will ensure that there are no other problems causing lag (like turned-on stereos).
- Number of Sims don't really matter that much with your CPU. What matters is the number of Sims who get stuck and how often.
- Overall, with your CPU and RAM, your game SHOULD NOT lag much (I assume you have a mid-range graphics card at least). This is clearly a problem related to the state of your town. As I said, a Reset Everything command should alleviate the problem. But I can't know for sure.
- Another weird thing is that you're storing your My Documents/EA/TS3 folder in OneDrive, which seem to have a limited space. This is probably a Windows 10 thing. The problem is that since it has limited space, the game might be having trouble creating the cache files while you're playing. The game is writing and reading all the time to and from the cache files (compositor and SimCompositor if you're playing in a EA base game or EP world; or a file inside WorldCaches if you're playing in a custom or Store world). If you don't have enough space, the game will struggle because it won't be able to store in a cache file and believe it will keep trying. This happened to me once because I use a Ram Disk and it got full before I even noticed and it caused a noticeable lag. Something to keep in mind is also HOW FAST does it take for the game to read/write those files? I don't really know how they work, but assuming the game is reading/writing information from the cloud, and if you're connection is not fast enough (especially your upload speed), this latency can cause a huge latency in game. I STRONGLY recommend that you move your My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder to a physical drive (SSD or fast HDD).

I don't know how to move my game out of OneDrive. I have tried but it keeps looking for the game on OneDrive it refuses to open the game from any other location. At least cut and paste does not work. I may have to try other neighborhoods if that horse thing is true. Maybe I should use a mostly empty town? I chose it because I liked the description about the tourist trap and the falls it sounded like Gravity Falls. I'll look up the graphics card latter but the game mostly runs.

BTW I have had off horse glitches.in a past game when I made my house an apartment, all my roommates where horses and they all got trapped indoors.

Also Deleting Cache did not mess up my things I got from the store it was what someone on a forum told some one with the same problem to do and it worked as the solution to my problem. Just not sure how to fix the Page can not be displayed error. I never deleted anything I mostly moved it off the drive but putting it back did not fix my issue either.
Inventor
#16 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 11:42 PM
I guess one way to move your folder could be through directory junction. THIS MIGHT HELP YOU . Though in your case you need to do it the other way around, move the folder from OneDrive to your C: drive or any other location and then create a symbolic link:
Code:
mklink /d “ONE DRIVE FOLDER” “C DRIVE FOLDER”

So when TS3W.exe looks for your savegames folder the link directs the program to the new location. This is how Ram Disks work essentially.
I don't know how it works in Windows 10, though.

You can always get NRaas Register and use it to disable wild horses in your town. That way you control EXACTLY how many horses you want in your town (only the families you want will have horses).
I still want you to try NRaas MasterController Reset Everything to see if that helps.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 2:14 AM
I guess one way to move your folder could be through directory junction. THIS MIGHT HELP YOU . Though in your case you need to do it the other way around, move the folder from OneDrive to your C: drive or any other location and then create a symbolic link:
Code:
mklink /d “ONE DRIVE FOLDER” “C DRIVE FOLDER”

So when TS3W.exe looks for your savegames folder the link directs the program to the new location. This is how Ram Disks work essentially.
I don't know how it works in Windows 10, though.

You can always get NRaas Register and use it to disable wild horses in your town. That way you control EXACTLY how many horses you want in your town (only the families you want will have horses).
I still want you to try NRaas MasterController Reset Everything to see if that helps.

I don't want to call it too early but after I reset the horse my sim got abducted by aliens and then everything was running smoothly again.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 3:15 AM
One quick note on this suggestion:
Quote:
You can delete everything in DCBackup since those are only used when you share stuff (like houses or Sims).

It's okay to delete all the files EXCEPT: Do Not delete the ccmerged.package file. That file is needed for store content to work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
One quick note on this suggestion: .

It's okay to delete all the files EXCEPT: Do Not delete the ccmerged.package file. That file is needed for store content to work.

messing with horses did help a lot but lag still happens, its just less lag or maybe the few leftover horses still trigger stuff?
Instructor
#20 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 5:17 AM

an acceptable answer would be .....

..... you are being waaay too technical

Unfortunately.. for TS3 and to fix your lags/freezes problems, you'll have to start to learn from technical point of view as well, because there's no one easy answer that could fix everything in TS3.., case case by case it might be different one to another but overall lags/freezes problems are technical, not only your computer's spec matters, but you also need to understand the nature of the game simulating the open real world into a PC game..

but if you insist to just have "one easy way" to fix them, then just install TS3 base game only without any EPs, SPs, CCs and Mods, that's the easy one way answer.. and that's still technical too, even playing TS3 with TS3 BG only.. at some point in the future when your world and population getting bigger and more crowded, you'll still be experiencing some lags/freezes.., and to add more spice to TS3 lags/freezes problems, if you don't cap the game's FPS while playing, it'll kill your graphic card(s) slowly, it took more than 2 years for TS3 finally killed my GTX280 graphic card, so this lags/freezes problems didn't came from one source only, there are so many things that could lags/freezes your game.., and that's why everyone here that trying to help you has different experiences and suggestions because the root of the problem is not based solely on one source only, so it's up to you.. how you're going to deal with the technical side to fix and prevent the problems.. because that's the nature of TS3.., you can reduce and/or delay the lags/freezes to happen but not to eliminate them entirely/permanently..

And as for Windows 10 and TS3..

I don't know how to move my game out of OneDrive. I have tried but it keeps looking for the game on OneDrive it refuses to open the game from any other location. At least cut and paste does not work....

If you can't cut and paste them then copy and paste them to your SSD/HDD first into temporary folder, then you can safely delete the one in OneDrive, and disabled OneDrive after that, TS3 will regenerate TS3 Documents folder once you restart your computer (after you disabled OneDrive) and restart with the new game, once new TS3 Documents folder regenerated in your SSD/HDD, copy all your saves from your temporary folder you made from OneDrive, and make the temporary folder as your backup in case you'll be needing it again in the future..

How to disabled OneDrive? Go here and click OneDrive section on how to disabled it, you'll also find another things that you might need for Win 10 and TS3 if you haven't done so.., you can start learning your graphic settings for TS3 were installed properly for Win 10 and TS3 or not, does your Win 10 and TS3 recognizes your graphic settings properly or not (even if you decided to run TS3 BG only), does FPS limiter protecting your graphic card or not, this technical point of view also determines how TS3 would perform in your computer's spec.., all in one place..

And as for TS3 Pets EP tips, this is the EP that contributes big lags to the game, I personally used Awesome Mod and NRASS to reduce the lags, and also disabled for stray animals to populate automatically, so I personally edited the town residents who owns pets and who doesn't before I play the game, that's how I fits TS3 Pets to the game without contributing more lags to the game..

So to help you to find solution.., I'd suggest you start checking with your graphics settings for TS3 in Win 10, so when those technical computer specs side are sets properly, you can start checking with your CCs and Mods, test them with and without CCs and Mods, you need to do them one at a time so you'll find solution for TS3 to run in your computer and according to your liking..
Instructor
#22 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Nobody asking for the deviceconfig file? That'll pretty much tell us everything we need to know about his system.

well I guess nobody asked that maybe.. because they concerns it would be too technical..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
well I guess nobody asked that maybe.. because they concerns it would be too technical..

moved my sims to an empty neighborhood and its running fine... So Far, don't jinx it....it must be some thing in the other neighborhood that was doing it. number of sims? a certain building? I may never know. maybe too many stories progressing? I'll keeping an eye on things to be shire they remain less lagged.
Instructor
#24 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 12:33 PM
moved my sims to an empty neighborhood and its running fine... So Far, don't jinx it....it must be some thing in the other neighborhood that was doing it. number of sims? a certain building? I may never know. maybe too many stories progressing? I'll keeping an eye on things to be shire they remain less lagged.

Yep those other neighborhood also affecting in some ways, therefore I made my own custom worlds for the world I'm playing and the vacation worlds as well, here why don't you go to this thread to have better understanding about what mostly causing TS3 to lags/freezes, last but not least, make sure your graphic card is recognized by Win 10 and TS3 properly, and install FPS Limiter or Nvidia Inspector or MSI Afterburner to cap the FPS when TS3 is being played, the last two things I mentioned it's more technical to do because it requires some installing and setting-in your computer, but when those 2 are completed then they can be set aside from contributing lags to TS3, so you can be more focus in finding the causes of the lags from TS3, its EPs/SPs, CCs/Mods and etc.., you can find these in the thread's link I mentioned above..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
Yep those other neighborhood also affecting in some ways, therefore I made my own custom worlds for the world I'm playing and the vacation worlds as well, here why don't you go to this thread to have better understanding about what mostly causing TS3 to lags/freezes, last but not least, make sure your graphic card is recognized by Win 10 and TS3 properly, and install FPS Limiter or Nvidia Inspector or MSI Afterburner to cap the FPS when TS3 is being played, the last two things I mentioned it's more technical to do because it requires some installing and setting-in your computer, but when those 2 are completed then they can be set aside from contributing lags to TS3, so you can be more focus in finding the causes of the lags from TS3, its EPs/SPs, CCs/Mods and etc.., you can find these in the thread's link I mentioned above..

since my last p;ost my games run very well. it froze up a few times but far less and the freezes happened with a ghost horse interaction and on a mod that allows teen ghost hunting.
Page 1 of 2