Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I've been hard at work adding the ability to clone non-mesh items, to filter the listing, and to bundle multiple recolors in one package. Plus fixing the problems that affected the flutter dress among others. Have to remember to test glasses and figure out why it fails on a second clone.

@JosephTheSim2k5: lod 0 should be the largest mesh. Maybe you're confusing the lod with the meshparts. The lod (level of detail) goes from 0 (highest detail) to 3 (lowest detail). The meshparts are different pieces of the mesh - pants are divided into sections: waist to below the knee, calf, and bottom od the pants. Other meshes may be chopped up this way too. Each lod may consist of one or more meshparts. It's important to not get the lods or meshparts mixed up.

If you modified only lod 3, you'll probably never see the changes. Lod0 is used in CAS and when the sim is close up, lod1 when the sim is farther away, etc. At lod3 the sim is way in the distance.

If you've exported and modified an S3 format mesh, you must import it back to the same mesh you exported. If you removed vertices you must first use the Frankenmesh function to convert it back to a valid S4 mesh and then import it.

That's fantastic, thanks so much. I will try again tonight. Really appreciate your feedback, thanks again. :D
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 8:41 PM
Sorry Cmar, me again. I have another (potentially silly) question, so I give my apologies in advance...

I got my mesh working (I modified the AF Sun Hat to replica a crooked conical hat) and have been working on all four lods within the package so that the mesh works at all different lods. It works perfectly in CAS so I decided to trial it in game. However, the hat has a total mind of it's own. So whilst the mesh itself isn't looking too shabby there's major clipping and bizarre movements in game. Am I jumping too far ahead of myself by trialling items in game or is there a reason for the crazy hat syndrome which can be fixed?

Thanks again,
JD
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 9:51 PM
Since I cloned and used it with no issues, I'm stumped. Could you upload your cloned package and also list everything you did to it besides the cloning itself (if anything), plus exactly what you were doing when your game crashed? Hopefully that way I can replicate the problem.

Huh, weird.

Well my settings in the new version look like this:

All I do is press 'clone!' save the file in the mods directory and then load into CAS, usually it crashes either as I select the cloned hat or after I select the cloned hat and then switch to another hat. Here's the package:

http://www.myrespace.com/sims4/Myre..._TopHat.package

I wanted to get this first step working safely before moving onto messing with the actual mesh.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#54 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JosephTheSim2k5
Sorry Cmar, me again. I have another (potentially silly) question, so I give my apologies in advance...

I got my mesh working (I modified the AF Sun Hat to replica a crooked conical hat) and have been working on all four lods within the package so that the mesh works at all different lods. It works perfectly in CAS so I decided to trial it in game. However, the hat has a total mind of it's own. So whilst the mesh itself isn't looking too shabby there's major clipping and bizarre movements in game. Am I jumping too far ahead of myself by trialling items in game or is there a reason for the crazy hat syndrome which can be fixed?

Thanks again,
JD

Sounds like a bone assignment problem but I'm not sure how that would happen. Could you upload the package?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#55 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 11:00 PM Last edited by violablu : 10th Sep 2014 at 11:03 PM. Reason: pic did not show up
Default ok heres my error code (ty for working so hard on this)
I have not tried ALL the makeup or tattoos, but every one I tried crashed.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at XMODS.Form1.CloneGo_button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
S4CASTools
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/violablu/Documents/sims4/program%20zipz/MTS_CmarNYC_1457995_S4CASTools_0_3_0_0/S4CASTools_0_3_0_0/S4CASTools.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
s4pi.Package
Assembly Version: 1408.22.1802.23466
Win32 Version: 1408.22.1802.23466
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/violablu/Documents/sims4/program%20zipz/MTS_CmarNYC_1457995_S4CASTools_0_3_0_0/S4CASTools_0_3_0_0/s4pi.Package.DLL
s4pi.Interfaces
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/violablu/Documents/sims4/program%20zipz/MTS_CmarNYC_1457995_S4CASTools_0_3_0_0/S4CASTools_0_3_0_0/s4pi.Interfaces.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
XmodsDataLib
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/violablu/Documents/sims4/program%20zipz/MTS_CmarNYC_1457995_S4CASTools_0_3_0_0/S4CASTools_0_3_0_0/XmodsDataLib.DLL
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
s4pi.Settings
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/violablu/Documents/sims4/program%20zipz/MTS_CmarNYC_1457995_S4CASTools_0_3_0_0/S4CASTools_0_3_0_0/s4pi.Settings.DLL
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Could you post the exact error message, preferably with a screen grab so I can see what was going on in the tool as well as the error? Are you sure you clicked on the tattoo/makeup after sorting or filtering the list? Which tattoo/makeup is it, or is it all of them?[/QUOTE]
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#56 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MyreMylar
Huh, weird.

Well my settings in the new version look like this:

All I do is press 'clone!' save the file in the mods directory and then load into CAS, usually it crashes either as I select the cloned hat or after I select the cloned hat and then switch to another hat. Here's the package:

http://www.myrespace.com/sims4/Myre..._TopHat.package

I wanted to get this first step working safely before moving onto messing with the actual mesh.

This package works fine in my game. I don't understand this at all. Is there anything unusual about your game installation? What other CC/mods do you have? Did you change anything in the default Mods folder / resource file setup? Have you tried cloning other things like clothing?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#57 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by violablu
I have not tried ALL the makeup or tattoos, but every one I tried crashed.

I'm not getting crashing when I do this. When you installed the new version of CAS Tools, did you put all the unzipped files in a new folder? If you just replaced the .exe that would cause a problem.

Lab Assistant
#58 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 1:46 PM
Just a short feedback. I tested new version today. It works fine! I made a eyeglasses clone and It showed up in the game correctly. Thanks for an AWESOME tool, Cmar.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 6:09 PM
This package works fine in my game. I don't understand this at all. Is there anything unusual about your game installation? What other CC/mods do you have? Did you change anything in the default Mods folder / resource file setup? Have you tried cloning other things like clothing?

I use a bunch of other CC without problems. Just in case I pulled all of it out, apart from the hat, but it still seems to crash in the same way. Don't think there is anything especially unusual, I do have the 'limited edition' version of the game rather than 'digital deluxe' or 'standard'. It was installed off a disc in the default places.

Thanks for looking into though. Perhaps, I'll see if I can persuade any other sims fans to try it. Maybe it's just me!
Instructor
#60 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 6:23 PM
Sounds like a bone assignment problem but I'm not sure how that would happen. Could you upload the package?

You're completely right. I remembered that when I open the GEOMs in MS it says 'No bone file reference found' and when I go on to the joints tab everything is unassigned. So, I reassigned the hat and it works great in game, after a little more testing (and a few mesh tweaks) I think it will be ready for upload.

However, if for example I edit a dress and get the same problem, I'd hate to sit there reassigning all of the vertices. Is there a known reason why I'd be getting that error?

Thanks,
JD.
Test Subject
#61 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 6:26 PM
Default crash on non-mesh items
Hi. Thank you for making this great program. I'm having the same issue as violablu posted. I cannot clone any of the non mesh items, like eyes, tattoos, makeup. This is a new install, see image of all the files and error. Please suggest how to get this working
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#62 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JosephTheSim2k5
You're completely right. I remembered that when I open the GEOMs in MS it says 'No bone file reference found' and when I go on to the joints tab everything is unassigned. So, I reassigned the hat and it works great in game, after a little more testing (and a few mesh tweaks) I think it will be ready for upload.

However, if for example I edit a dress and get the same problem, I'd hate to sit there reassigning all of the vertices. Is there a known reason why I'd be getting that error?

Thanks,
JD.

When you convert back to S4 I sopy all the bone assignments from the S4 mesh, so whatever you do to the bones in MS shouldn't make any difference. I'll have to re-examine my code. Maybe you did something wrong the first time - used the wrong S4 original mesh or something. I can't imagine what else it could be unless there's a weird bug in the tool.

Instructor
#63 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:05 PM
When you convert back to S4 I sopy all the bone assignments from the S4 mesh, so whatever you do to the bones in MS shouldn't make any difference. I'll have to re-examine my code. Maybe you did something wrong the first time - used the wrong S4 original mesh or something. I can't imagine what else it could be unless there's a weird bug in the tool.

I didn't convert back to S4geom, I exported and then imported the S3geom right out of, edited and back into my package in Mesh Tools. Should I have converted it back to S4 first? I'll test using something with multiple bone assignments over the weekend if I get chance. That way I will be able to tell if it's got something to do with the way I'm doing it. It may be that I'm doing something wrong. Will having a screenshot of the error I get help at all?

JD
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#64 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:13 PM
I use a bunch of other CC without problems. Just in case I pulled all of it out, apart from the hat, but it still seems to crash in the same way. Don't think there is anything especially unusual, I do have the 'limited edition' version of the game rather than 'digital deluxe' or 'standard'. It was installed off a disc in the default places.

Thanks for looking into though. Perhaps, I'll see if I can persuade any other sims fans to try it. Maybe it's just me!

Thanks for letting me know. I'm also using the limited edition from disk, so this is very strange. Would you mind if I post your hat package in the CAS parts create forum so I can ask more people to test it and maybe get some idea of why this happening?

Quote: Originally posted by lucidsim
Hi. Thank you for making this great program. I'm having the same issue as violablu posted. I cannot clone any of the non mesh items, like eyes, tattoos, makeup. This is a new install, see image of all the files and error. Please suggest how to get this working

Right now I have no idea what's causing it since it works fine for me. Let me see if I come up with anything.

Lab Assistant
#65 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:41 PM
Thanks for letting me know. I'm also using the limited edition from disk, so this is very strange. Would you mind if I post your hat package in the CAS parts create forum so I can ask more people to test it and maybe get some idea of why this happening?

Go ahead. I'm also trying to get other people to try it elsewhere. At the weekend I'll do some more experiments (cloning other things, downloading other cloned hats) to see if I can narrow it down.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#66 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 11:15 PM
Go ahead. I'm also trying to get other people to try it elsewhere. At the weekend I'll do some more experiments (cloning other things, downloading other cloned hats) to see if I can narrow it down.

Thanks! If we can get an example of a cloned hat that works for you vs the one that doesn't that would be very helpful.

Inventor
#67 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 12:00 AM
You are beyond awesome! I messed around a little with your new tool and I could manage to convert this children mesh for adults. I have to fix the bone assignments (if possible) and also the shadow around her face (missed to import the drop shadow texture hehe)
Great job Cmar! :lovestruc
Screenshots
Test Subject
#68 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 12:15 AM
I must be doing something silly/wrong because whenever I try to clone anything it always says "Not all resources were found!", it looks like everything is in the .package except the textures. Am I missing somthing, this is my first time really trying to edit anything from any of the sims games aside from a couple retextures of other peoples skins for sims 3.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 1:08 AM
Thank you so much for doing this! Can't wait to try it out later tonight.

I'm collecting Disagrees, see.
Test Subject
#70 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:04 AM
Hi! I'm having the exact same issue as violablu and lucidsim. Every makeup or tattoo I've tried comes up with that error and I can't proceed. It will allow me to clone clothing though. I even tried re-downloading and also tried extracting with 7zip instead and I'm still getting the same error.

Thanks so much for all your hard work on this - it's very much appreciated!!!

StarryNiteSims
Instructor
#71 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:52 AM Last edited by JosephTheSim2k5 : 12th Sep 2014 at 2:32 PM.
Hey Cmar, me again

So, this morning I cloned the soul goatee using CAS Tools and got some really weird clipping when I put it into CAS Demo and tried playing with the chins sliders. I haven't touched the Geoms at all, simply removed the soul spot in PS and imported the dds's back into package. Haven't tried it in game yet, will do that shortly. I'm just wondering where I went wrong? Or am I missing something obvious?

The clipping was only happing in CAS Demo, goatee worked perfectly in game!

Another success, then. Hats off to Cmar!

JD
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:59 AM Last edited by MyreMylar : 12th Sep 2014 at 10:24 AM.
Thanks! If we can get an example of a cloned hat that works for you vs the one that doesn't that would be very helpful.

Done a bit more testing on this.

Bad news:
- So far no hats, cloned by me, work for me. I've tried three different ones including one 'male only' hat. They all crash in the same way either as I click on the hat or after I click it then switch to another hat.
- Varying the name of the package before cloning seems to have no effect. Still crashes.
- Varying the amount of colours/recolours also seems to have no effect.
- I've also tried deleting all my sims data and (saves, mods, screenshots etc the whole directory) and having the game recreate it. Then adding only a cloned hat package and it still crashes.

Good news
- Two other people who've tried my crashing hat package report that it works, so it may be just me for some, so far inexplicable, reason.
- Cloning other clothes seems to work fine so far, at least I cloned a skirt with no problems. I'll likely test this some more later to see if it's just hats, just accessories or something else.
Test Subject
#73 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:00 AM Last edited by Pnixie : 12th Sep 2014 at 10:15 AM.
Hi ! Same issue here, I'm getting that error. Maybe I did something wrong, do you know if I can find a tutorial somewhere to check that (and make sure it's not a bug) ?
Thanks for your work, it's amazing !
Test Subject
#74 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 12:32 PM
For some strange reason I cannot get the program to find the game's package files when I direct it to look for the folder where they're located. I've got them copied to a work folder so I don't mess up the originals. Any ideas?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#75 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 1:59 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 12th Sep 2014 at 2:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by StarryNiteSims
Hi! I'm having the exact same issue as violablu and lucidsim. Every makeup or tattoo I've tried comes up with that error and I can't proceed. It will allow me to clone clothing though. I even tried re-downloading and also tried extracting with 7zip instead and I'm still getting the same error.

Thanks so much for all your hard work on this - it's very much appreciated!!!

StarryNiteSims

I've finally been able to get this error by running the tool with a standard user account instead of my usual admin account. So it has something to do with privilege, or... something. Edit: No, the same error happens when I run directly from the download, not from my debug environment. At least now I can test.

The standard account doesn't seem to affect the hat problem, though.

Locked thread | Locked by: CmarNYC Reason: Tool now in Downloads - comments should go there.
Page 3 of 36