Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 9:19 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default omg please someone help me my disc won't load!!!!
What is this...my disc won't load...

It's never done this please please please help me, it's never done this before please help...
Screenshots

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 9:47 PM
It is not a physical problem with my drive (thank God) it plays CDs, DVDs and Sims 1 normal.

What am I looking at here? An uninstall reinstall?

Honestly what do I do if it's the M&G disc? Can I trick the game to run off of something else?

Or do I just lose M&G altogether because...the disc is pretty beat up...

It was fine a few days ago btw. Like 2 days ago.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Theorist
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 10:01 PM
Have you tried deleting your cache files? Have you tried cleaning the disc?

If you can't get it fixed, you may want to switch to the Ultimate Collection, which you can still get for free and which requires no discs at all. But try the two things above first.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 10:03 PM Last edited by DizzyBoo : 23rd Sep 2015 at 10:17 PM.
how do I clean the disc?

And I heard UC has problems...

If nothing works...do I uninstall M&G?

Theorist
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 10:50 PM
I haven't heard of problems with the UC, although you still need some work around for certain programs. The workarounds are pretty well documented by now - ask around.

You clean the disc carefully and gently with a soft cloth. Google "how to clean a DVD" and you'll get lots of helpful tips.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about uninstalling just one EP. I believe it can be somewhat problematic. Hopefully someone will come along who knows more than I to advise you about that.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 11:18 PM
There is nice toolbar up on this site. Click Help, then Sims 2 Game Help - home, then follow all steps in first help.
If nothing helps and your disc is cat toy for now, you can buy another disc and continue your game. Don't panick, if you need reinstall completely, then it is better to save your backup on external drive. Your game is not lost yet, you just cannot play it for some time.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 11:19 PM
Looks like it is telling you to delete your cache files is all. remember also the body shop files.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 12:39 AM
Okay it worked! Thank you al sooooooooooooooooo much! It was a bit sluggish starting up but never before have I seen something so beautiful as my start up screen *cries*

That was terrifying

No seriously.

How often should I do this? That was the first time since I've installed this game 2 years ago.

Theorist
#9 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 2:10 AM
You should delete your cache files every so often. I do mine about once a month, other people do theirs as frequently as every play session. There's no set schedule that's best, though. Whatever works for you.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 2:59 AM
I have to do it about every third startup! I do it because otherwise it wouldn't start, that's just par for the course for me. I'll click start, leave and come back and it's done nothing, I'm like darn have to delete those files again. I'm surprised you haven't had to do that before, since you don't play cc free.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 3:48 AM
I get a no CD mod for my game so I don't have this problem. Yes I have the disk version and I don't like it when my disk can fail because of a bad CD drive or any number of other problems that can screw up my disk.
We are not allowed to talk about "No CD" mods here at MTS but if you come over to Simbology we will be glad to help you out with it.

This almost sound like the SecuROM problem https://support.securom.com/removaltool.html

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 4:16 AM
I have used a no CD mod for years (disks in the cupboard) and still have to delete those files all the time. Mark you don't use much cc, a major reason for corruption/bloating of those files is cc usage.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 10:16 PM
I never delete my cache files unless I have a problem. I've had this refusal to start up problem twice and almost had a panic attack both times! When I went through the MTS help FAQ and found the solution was so simple I was amazed. The second time it happened was several years after the first and when I found the solution, it all came flooding back

I also use a no-CD, this problem isn't related to whether or not you use a CD. (I can show you a snazzy photo of my totally legally owned CDs if you like, I have had sporadic disc drives.)

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#14 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 11:06 PM
Clearing the cache is the number one solution to 'the game won't start'.

I got that error box the last time I tried to run my game without deleting the cache files. It rarely appears, though - I can often run my game a few times without clearing the cache, and sometimes the game just refuses to run without throwing an error message. I've had more heart-racing, panicky errors happen with my game, such as blue-screen restarts and the like - and that's often after deleting the cache... But my computer is weird, and I've had strange batches of errors and such ever since I got it. My laptop has so far not thrown that error box, and will just refuse to start the game or Bodyshop if caches need to be cleared.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 11:16 PM
Well bodyshop doesn't work for me at all lol

That being said, thanks for al your help! I may look into a no CD mod because that sounds interesting. My poor M&G disc is all scratched up

Yes I definitely had a panic attack!

Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 11:20 PM
@marka93 could you link the simbiology website to me?

Mad Poster
#17 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 11:27 PM
www.simbology.com

You added an i

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 11:36 PM
You can talk about it most places, just not here. Leefish is another good place to get help although BO is at simbology as well. I thought he might be more on Leefish these days though.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 12:08 AM
oh lol okay thanks guys!