Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2016 at 4:05 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default Sims 2 directx 9c failed to find compatible graphics adapters (Windows 10)
So I've been having this problem ever since I installed the sims 2 and all the EPs and SPs a few days ago. I've tried multiple solutions but haven't gotten anywhere. One thing that people have told me time and time again is to download and install driverx 9c which I have done but I still get the same error popping up. Has anyone had this issue and figured it out? Also I have windows 10.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 10th May 2016 at 6:00 PM
Try fixing your game through Origin, if you're a UC player.
If you have discs, try reinstalling M&G as that's the highest.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Instructor
#3 Old 10th May 2016 at 9:30 PM Last edited by Gremily_ : 10th May 2016 at 9:43 PM.
Not 100% sure but I've been hearing lots on how Windows 10 has finally surpassed TS2 in terms of compatibility. It's possible to play, but not without trying to wiggle around issues. Darn graphics!

Edit: This post covers how to run TS2 on Windows 8, and more recent posts discuss running it on Windows 10. LadyGreenEyes649 has a helpful fix so long as you have/use the disk versions, NOT Origin.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th May 2016 at 12:40 PM
Sims 2 UC runs perfectly well on Windows 10.