Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 6:54 PM Last edited by Boosterbear : 27th Jan 2018 at 5:54 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Grim has Memories?
I've been playing a house where I continually kill off sims, you know, as one does. When one sim died, Grim paid a visit and got spooked by one of our ghosts. He seemed to gain the memory "Saw Ghost of ____," judging by the symbol over his head.

Basically I'm wondering, is my game borked now, since Grim is a universal npc and would be holding a memory of a sim that is NOT universal? Or is the memory thing nothing to worry about?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 9:28 PM
If you have HoodChecker, you can check your neighborhood with it if there's something wrong.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 9:59 PM
Hoodchecker won't tell you whether Grimmie is corrupted, he's a universal NPC.

Check the "last modified" dates of your objects.packages. They should all be 2008 or earlier (2011 or earlier if you have UC - in any case, none of them should be 2018!)

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Alchemist
#4 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 10:28 PM
if you have disc version of game, might replace PACKAGE files in installation directory with their disc equivalents.
if you have the Ultimate Collection, might do repair option at Origin site.

in either case, afterward make all files read-only. to prevent future changes to the files.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 2:31 AM Last edited by Boosterbear : 28th Jan 2018 at 2:43 AM.
Thank you all!! I'll be checking now, and come back with any updates

UPDATE
Hooray, we're all good!! None edited any later than 2011!!
I've set them all to read-only. Thank you all so much for your help! I was so scared my game was gone forever, and now I'm at ease. Thanks again!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 12:16 PM
For anyone else reading this thread, bear in mind that if you replace the objects.packages with the disc versions you'll also need to reinstall the patches for the affected EPs.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.