Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#651 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 5:20 PM
I was loading up my game when my table gave way and my laptop fell and the battery fell out and now everything I've ever done in Riverhill Blossom is gone

I'm on Windows, HP laptop, I have the Ultimate collection of The Sims 2 (all the expansion packs) and I've only ever used Riverhill Blossom, I made so much and everything is gone.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#652 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 5:17 AM
Maybe you guys should make a separate thread as I don't think this one is being seen very often.

I wish I knew more about the UC, but I have no experience of it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#653 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 5:16 PM
Hey there folks, I just had this problem with a new quarter's neighborhood I created, I did forced the game to shut down because several cc were making it crash, I've removed all the cc except the part that I knew wasn't corrupted and BOOYAKA, every single family disappeared.

I don't really know where to find the backup from my game, are these the saves of the game I made ?
I'd be glad if you could help me with this, I'm using the Super Collection on a macintosh running with Yosemite.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#654 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 9:14 PM
A backup is something you make. The most common way is you click copy of a hood, all hoods or your entire sims 2 folder and you past it someplace like your desktop or to an external hard drive or to a stick. If you didn't make a back up then you have none I'm afraid. If you did make a backup then you can replace your borked hood with the backup.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#655 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 11:07 PM
I'm wondering if it has something to do with the maxis neighborhoods. I've jacked up and hacked up my game in many countless ways but never had a hood disappear, but I only make custom hoods, I never play in pleasantview etc. Try not "replacing" but deleting altogether your "neighborhood manager" file...it will auto create a new one at restart but you'll have default settings like graffics etc. but it will "read" your hood.
Test Subject
#656 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 7:19 AM
Hi again guys, it's me

I just discovered in my neighborhood folder that all the families are here, with the pictures I took (it appears under the name "Neighbordhood N blablabla", I can provide a screenshot if you want).
But the families are still not in my game, the houses they live in are shown for sale...

Does my problem has anything to do with disappearing neighborhood or should I make a new thread about this ?

Thanks a lot
Scholar
#657 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 8:15 PM
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium
Game: Sims 2 UC
Processor: 2.00 ghz, 4GB RAm, Intel(R) Premium(R) CPU
Details: Last night, I went in and all of my towns had vanished. I played Belladonna Cove last. I have no recent downloads; The neighborhood files are all still there and they look fine in SIMPE.
System changes: the only thing I can think of is that I updated my Avast software
Other stuff: I did delete my groups.cache (because it sometimes prevents my game from starting) but I do that all the time.
Scholar
#658 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 1:38 AM
So, nobody has any solutions? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, which worked, but then today it went right back to disappearing neighborhoods
Test Subject
#659 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 12:11 PM
Operating system: Windows 7

Computer specs: 3.6 GHz Processor, 16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Games: Double Deluxe, University, Seasons, Pets, Apartment Life, Open For Business; Teen Style Stuff, Mansion & Garden Stuff

Details of Neighbourhood loss: Well, I was trying to create a family, but I needed to do some editing in SimPE. I had to change the surnames of a few of the Sims in that family, as well as remove almost all the of the family relations (it mostly consisted of children and teens, and I didn't want them related). I was careful enough to remove relations on both ends for each character, as well as committed every change I made to each character, and saved SimPE and booted the game. When I got there, the neighborhood was gone. Here's the weird part: the backup I made doesn't work, nor does performing a "fresh install" of the neighborhood in question (it was a custom neighborhood I downloaded from this site).

Sim PE Investigation: Using SimPE, I can find the neighborhood just fine no matter which version I'm looking for. How I would begin to check for corruption is beyond me.
Test Subject
#660 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 8:18 PM
Don't know if it's been mentioned but I've just realised that my Pleasantview folder (EA Games>The Sims 2>Neighborhoods>N001) Doesn't have a package file for the actual neighborhood (i.e. N001_Neighborhood. package). This is the same for Strangetown, (N002 folder for Veronaville doesn't even exist in my Sims 2 folder). It is Pleasantview Strangetown and Veronaville that aren't showing up on my game Downtown, University, Suburbs and Vacation package files and pictures are all there in the N001 folder but no Neighborhood.
Mad Poster
#661 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 8:29 PM
Well, that would seem to be your problem, then! If you don't have a backup, you'll have to reset the neighborhoods and start over.
Just on the off-chance, check your recycle bin. If you accidentally deleted them recently, they might be there still. Weirder things have happened.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#662 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 9:34 AM
Is the Store Edition present? (It has prevented hoods from showing up in some cases - with UC).
Test Subject
#663 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 7:50 AM
Default "The Sims 2 EP9 has stopped working"
I try to expose my problem. For many years are a adorer of the game the sims2, and I have all the expansions coming to the market, as many as 36 disks, recently I changed the graphics card of the PC, to have a better game effect, I start playing and for some months all ok I downloaded a few things to TSR and MTS as always, but at some point the game went into error, error EP9, and you close, I have tried to delete things. I eventually removed the batches, then I took it off the map, to start all over again. But the game keeps going in the block. I then deleted all the expansions. And now I have to reinstall all of them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#664 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 9:47 AM
You only ever uninstall and reinstall for a problem in your installation files, otherwise you are wasting your time. Sometimes even then you don't need to reinstall but can copy things directly off the disks and fix it that way. Crashing is normally due to cc or a corrupted hood/house/sims. To check if the problem is cc you make a back up and remove your entire download folder to the desk top.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#665 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 4:39 PM
Default "The Sims 2 EP9 has stopped working"
I try to expose my problem. For many years are a adorer of the game the sims2, and I have all the expansions coming to the market, as many as 36 disks, recently I changed the graphics card of the PC, to have a better game effect, I start playing and for some months all ok I downloaded a few things to TSR and MTS as always, but at some point the game went into error, error EP9, and you close, I have tried to delete things. I eventually removed the batches, then I took it off the map, to start all over again. But the game keeps going in the block. I then deleted all the expansions. And now I have to reinstall all of them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#666 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 11:25 PM
That post is identical to the one above, I did read it. Which is why I said uninstalling and reinstalling is not normally the answer nor is removing things in batches, (unless you recently downloaded something, know what folder it is in and remove that and find the issue stops) you need to remove it all.
If it all started with the graphic changes you might need talk to a tech.
Be careful that all folders are gone, sometimes reinstalling gives more problems because at times a folder may not be deleted by a normal uninstall. Again another reason not to jump to reinstalling. It's rare that the problem is in the installation files on C drive, most times the issue is in the document user files. Sometimes just renaming the sims 2 folder and forcing the game to make a new one will solve issues.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#667 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 6:56 AM
I thank you for the help, joandsarah77, I do not think that the problem is the graphics card because it is powerful and is satat installed Appost to play with sims2, as I had many expansions (36) the PC must support this heaviness, I think it was you downloaded objects that have given me problems. However now I uninstalled everything and now with holy patience and reinstall it'll start all over again. My determination is to recreate Wisteria Lane and Desperate Housewives with houses, furniture, characters, terrain map, careers etc.
Mad Poster
#668 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dada65
I thank you for the help, joandsarah77, I do not think that the problem is the graphics card because it is powerful and is satat installed Appost to play with sims2, as I had many expansions (36) the PC must support this heaviness, I think it was you downloaded objects that have given me problems. However now I uninstalled everything and now with holy patience and reinstall it'll start all over again. My determination is to recreate Wisteria Lane and Desperate Housewives with houses, furniture, characters, terrain map, careers etc.

This sounds like the Windows protection problem that came around with Windows 10 and updates to both Windows 7 and 8.

Best thing to do is install Sims 2 outside of the programs folders and make sure you have My Doc folder for Sims 2 able to read and write or you can have this problem again.

If you have already installed Sims 2 to the programs folder then you need to set both the programs folder for EA and My Doc to both read and write and then set the object.packages in each folder to read only.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#669 Old 15th May 2018 at 12:58 AM Last edited by Orilon : 15th May 2018 at 3:36 AM.
Operating System: Widows 7 Premium
System Info: i3-2120 @ 3.30 GHz 8 GB of memory in the computer and the Radeon HD 6670 has 2 GB of its own RAM
I have the Ultimate Collection which is all EPs and SPs, and from what I understand it is patched.
This afternoon I lost Belladona Cove (E001), Desiderata Valley (F001) and Riverblossom Hills (G001), and my Custom hood The Hood Building Groups Empty Meadow Creek (MC02). The only Neighborhoods in my Neighborhood file is N001, N002, and N003. If I try to load the hoods in SimPE, I get a message about not being able to find the Neighborhood file. Out of curiosity I tried putting my back up of the MC02 folder into the neighborhood file, and when I tried to run the game I got a message about University being uninstalled. The Ultimate Collection is all EPs and SPs so University is supposed to be installed, so something is very wrong with my game.

I had tried to uninstall Fraps earlier in the day, and think I may have uninstalled something related to Sims 2 through CCleaner. I had tried repairing through Origin and it didn't help. I tried deleting the EA Games file, and it only generated a neighborhood file with N001, N002 and N003.

Fixed it by uninstalling/reinstalling.
Test Subject
#670 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 5:32 AM
Hey folks, my PC crashed while it was trying to open a lot so I did a soft reset (killing Sims2EP9.exe along the way). When I tried opening The Sims 2 again my neighborhood no longer showed up. After some inspecting I found that my N004_Neighborhood.package was now only a couple of bytes long, so it must have gotten corrupted when I killed the process. My newest backup was from 2013.
Anyway as I was writing this post I was using Recuva to check if there was a newer version of the file and even though it was the free version, it managed to find a version from February 25th this year but I had played the game today and moved one of my sims in a family to college and saved afterwards. So I was wondering if it was safe to just drop the file in place and run the game or if there's anything else I should do to avoid further corruption.
Mad Poster
#671 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nigel Bloch
Hey folks, my PC crashed while it was trying to open a lot so I did a soft reset (killing Sims2EP9.exe along the way). When I tried opening The Sims 2 again my neighborhood no longer showed up. After some inspecting I found that my N004_Neighborhood.package was now only a couple of bytes long, so it must have gotten corrupted when I killed the process. My newest backup was from 2013.
Anyway as I was writing this post I was using Recuva to check if there was a newer version of the file and even though it was the free version, it managed to find a version from February 25th this year but I had played the game today and moved one of my sims in a family to college and saved afterwards. So I was wondering if it was safe to just drop the file in place and run the game or if there's anything else I should do to avoid further corruption.

Right click on the folder for N004 and choose restore to previous version may fix it for you.
Screenshots

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#672 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Right click on the folder for N004 and choose restore to previous version may fix it for you.

It looks like Shadow Copy won't be able to save the day this time.

Can anyone recommend me some books on how to cope with loss? More specifically, loss of a 12 year old game save file due to one's own stupidity?
After GTA V came out I've only played this game like once every couple of months but I can't help getting overly dramatic on this.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#673 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 7:13 AM
Do you have a backup? If not, I found it best to see starting over as a new beginning, a chance to organize downloads and fine tune how you play. Maybe to start with play something very different like a quick challenge.
Try to make a backup of your hoods at least once a month if not more often.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#674 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 6:34 PM Last edited by YayaKanojo : 24th Oct 2019 at 6:02 PM.
Default Lost Neighborhood
Following the script...

I lost a whole neighbourhood after performing face surgery on one of my Sims.

Operating system: Windows 10

Computer specs: 2.50 Ghz processor, 8Gb RAM, 64 bits

Games: Sims 2 Deluxe (Nightlife included)

Details of Neighbourhood loss: Everyone and Veronaville disappeared from sight. I haven't tried reinstalling everything yet, although it might be an option. I recently backed up my neighbourhood folders luckily but when trying to move them back nothing changed. I do have a lot of mods but likewise I had those for a very long time and it has never conflicted with the game before, not to such degree.

Neighbourhood File details If you go to Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims2/ Neighbourhoods are the neighbourhood files still there? : No, I had to re-copy them and paste them from a backup file I created earlier today.

Sim PE Investigation: If you have SimPE can you still view the 'disappeared' neighbourhood in SimPE? Yes! Only it's called "Unknown" now.

Can you see anything obviously corrupted or unusual about it (try comparing it to other neighbourhoods): Yes, it's changed names. All files are grey when I open SimPE and the missing neighbourhood. And pratically all files go under "(-1)".

What changed on your system immediately before the corruption: Nothing at all.

Any other relevant information: All's been said.
Test Subject
#675 Old 24th Dec 2020 at 7:23 PM
Someone, please help me! Some weird stuff is happening. My game is displaying green grids in the neighborhood menu, my neighborhoods are disappearing on and off, and entire Sims families are disappearing and their houses are suddenly tagged for sale! Details for you below:

Operating system: Mac OS10.15

Computer Specs: I only have a 2.8 Ghz processor but this has stood up with a LOT more downloads than what I have now on the same computer. However, after Catalina, things have been cropping up in my game and it’s been acting kind of finicky. I have AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Games: Super Collection is downloaded on my computer. This game includes the following: The base game, of course, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Family Fun Stuff, Glamour Life Stuff, Pets, Happy Holiday Stuff, Seasons, and Bon Voyage

Details of Neighbourhood loss: I started having three things happen at different times. After downloading some items, the game would work fine, though I was getting the green grid, but the next day - still green grids - Pleasantview was empty. There weren’t any lots, no Sims, nothing. I did nothing and let it sit for a day, and then Pleasantview came back, however, I noticed that some lots didn’t have any Sims on it. A few families disappeared. Moreover, I could’t find my Lot Catalog in game! Not even the base game properties. I quit the game and started going through files and pulling stuff out, slowly putting things back in a little piece at a time (including mods and hacks - which work perfectly in my game). At first I thought it was just Pleasantview being buggy (even though each neighborhood is acting weird and missing Sims as well). But after getting most of my downloads back in - can’t seem to put any more in - I’m still receiving green grids and my sims still have not come back to their home properties, though the properties still have everything in them. When hovered over, they act like they’re for sale. I’m at a loss and think maybe I’ve reached the “download” limit, which is weird, cuz I’ve never had this issue before and used to have double the amount of CC I do now.

Neighbourhood File details: Neighborhoods are still there, along with all the files.

Sim PE Investigation: SimPE was my favorite program when I was on PC, but unfortunately, Mac doesn’t have the equivalent, which really sucks. I’d create one myself but I’m not a creator, however.

What changed on your system immediately before the corruption: I downloaded some new stuff, however, right afterward, I kept track and took them out but no matter which order I put them in, it did the green grids and neighborhoods / Sims disappearing. The latest ones are still pulled from my Sims 2 folder, but still, no change. No green grids or neighborhoods missing, but Sims still missing and the green grid comes and goes.

Any other relevant information: I have been getting a warning to shut down down programs I’m not using because I’m running out of Application Memory. Not sure what that means or if that has an effect on game play, but there it is. If it does, I’d really appreciate help to figure out how to deal with this issue. If I come up with anything else, I’ll add it in, but I’m pretty sure that’s all I can think of right now.

Try copying and pasting Neighborhood package from Program Files to Sims 2 Folder:
I tried copying the neighbourhoodmanager.package file from the Program Files, but it did something weird. I got a vacation spot displaying in the window instead of Pleasantview. I had pulled my original file and put the original game neighborhood file, figuring I could just start the whole Pleasantview neighborhood over again. So, I tried it with the original game file and got the display of the vacation spot, but with a green grid. When I tried it with my own Pleasantview (the one I had put aside to reinstall the game, the disappeared lots with families weren’t there at all - no Sims, but also no lots, but more of an update from the original game file. The rest of them look okay, but I’m afraid it might not stop the green grids or more disappearances from happening.

Also - kinda off topic but unsure if it has any effect - I keep getting these long numeric packages - fc2cc7c7769596abccf7b65645cd312c.package - which automatically download in my Downloads folder and start with a letter - a to z. A TON of them. I had to start putting them in folders because they were taking up so much room in my Downloads. What are these and why are they unpackaging in my Downloads, and do I need to hold onto them?
Page 27 of 28