Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 2:50 AM
Default clothing I make in Bodyshop not showing in game
I've made clothes using BodyShop before and had them to show up, but this time they are nowhere to be found... except in the files.

I went to MikeInside and printed off his tutorial for making custom clothing using BodyShop. I created clothing, first by just adding a picture to a shirt like in his tutorial, then by actually adding texture to the entire object.

The completed item was sent to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Projects

I went into the game to creat a sim and the clothing did not show up.

The last time that I had successfully made a clothing object, the new file (I thought) had went into:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Projects

So I went into the first folder and moved the new files to the Downloads file. Went into the game... no new clothes.

Moved the files from the new folders in the Downloads file, went into game... no new clothes.

Went back into BodyShop, saw the new items, clicked on them again and sent them to my game... thus... ending up in the All Users folder instead of Owner folder... went into game... no new clothes.

So then... I put the files from that folder to the projects folder in the Owner and still no new clothes.

What am I doing wrong???
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 5:21 AM
Well, when you finish a project by clicking "Import to Game", the file goes to My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/SavedSims. If there's not a file that's something like 83ef567_YourProjectName.package, your project isn't finished, and you won't see anything in-game.

The folders and files in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Projects are working files for making your projects... When you create a project called RedShirt it goes in Projects/RedShirt, you edit the files in the RedShirt folder, refresh the project, and when you're satisfied, import to game. It'll look at all your images you've edited, package them up, compress the images, and then make a finished file that you can distribute to others in SavedSims, containing your project name (so something like '5ef347a3_RedShirt.package'). If you import again, there'll be more than one file in there containing your project name - you can sort by date and delete any but the newest one.

I suggest you take a look at Faylen's clothing recolouring tutorials here in our Create - Body Shop Skinning area (which is where I'm moving this to, seeing as it appears to be not so much a technical issue with Body Shop as with using it) as well as the Skinning FAQ stickied at the top of the BS Skinning forum. Lots of good help and info for you. I love MikeInside's building tutorials, but I can't speak to the spiffiness of the clothing tutorial there. Heck, didn't even know he had one, hehe.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.