Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#651 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 4:02 AM
Quote:
That much is true, you're not your brother's keeper. But: One of the things you can do is argue in favour of ethical behaviour.

Quote:
Yes, quitting habits is hard. When I first quit meat, about seven years ago, I repeatedly dreamed I was going downstairs to make a ham sandwich for about two months. It wasn't easy to quit, given that I grew up on a pork and dairy farm - had farmed all my life up until 18, and even killed my share of pigs.

kiwi-tea: I appreciate you at least addressing what I said, and except for the part about arguing for ethical behavior and also maybe what non-humans deserve consideration, I agree with all you say. Also I'm hardly guilt-free as I eat cheese and drink milk. However, for what may be obvious reasons and having nothing to do with you, I don't feel like continuing in the discussion.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#652 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
lol, no.
are you ACTUALLY reading what i say, or are you just so focused on attempting to twist it your way that youve completely forgotten that ive already listed what "i think" (what the dictionary says) karma means?

Yeah, I read what you said and here it is in case you've forgotten: i have yet to see anyone who "helps turtles cross the road safely and picks up earthworms from the street after it rains and carry spiders outside" live forever.
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#653 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 9:23 AM
You know what... I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. I don't like the tone that this discussion has taken, and it's way past the usual 500 post cutoff mark anyway.

If anyone would like to continue this debate in a new thread, please feel free. But leave the bickering here.

There's always money in the banana stand.

Page 27 of 27