Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 11:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Load time comparision.
I hope that people don't mind. I wanted to compare my load time on my iMac to others.
Total Load Time: 2:33.22 Program Launch Time: 1:47.54, Neighborhood Load Time: 0:45.28
Total Files in Sims 2 folder: 11,999 Total Files in Downloads folder: 7,362 Music 332 mp3 files

Not having any particular problem usually, just wanted to get feedback as to how my times compare. I invite comments in general.

Stats:.
Model Name: iMac
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Graphics:
Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6750M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6741
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-C2950H-170
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.544
Displays:
iMac:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1344 x 756
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Program Launch time: 42.09 sec
Neighborhood Launch time: 19:47 sec
Total Load time: 61.56 sec

i7 - 2.6 (3.6 turbo), 4 cores + 4 hyperthreading cores.
Win 7 (not sure if you only wanted iMac data or you wanted to compare to all)

Total Files in Sims 2 folder: 5356
Total Files in Downloads folder: 2582
Music: 0 mp3 files

Oh anyone is welcome to add what details if they want. I just wanted to get feedback, doesn't have to be just Mac.

I just put it in the Mac section as I thought it was the best section for what I was posting.
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 3:49 PM Last edited by iCad : 21st Feb 2016 at 4:37 PM.
In general, your load time is going to be a function of A) Your computer's processor speed and the amount of RAM it has and B) How full your hard drive is and C) How many EPs/SPs you have and, most importantly, D) How much CC you have. So, I'm not sure what your purpose is here? But hey, I'm game.

For me, I currently run the game on an old Dell desktop that runs 64-bit Vista Business. It was purchased a couple of years back at a library surplus sale for $100. I don't know (or care) what its processor speed is, but IIRC it's a CoreDuo or something like that? I upgraded it to 16GB of RAM and a 2GB video card, the best I could find without also having to get a more powerful power supply. (Mostly because I also do CAD on it, and lots of RAM is good for rendering; TS2 doesn't need that much RAM, and I don't play any other games.) Its hard drive is, alas, mostly full, but I haven't gotten to a place where I want to go through the hassle of installing a bigger, solid-state one yet. (I store most stuff on a huge external drive.) I have all EPs/SPs and currently have about 7GB of CC (40,000+ files just in the Downloads folder) in my full game. And...Well, I couldn't tell you exactly how long it takes to load because I don't really care; I do other things while it's loading. But it probably takes about 20 minutes to get to the neighborhood selection screen and maybe another 5 after that to load the first lot. (After the first, any others load in about a minute.)

By contrast, if I run the game under the user account that I use to create CC in -- which also has all EPs/SPs but only the CC that I'm currently working on, which is generally a few files at a time -- then the game loads to the neighborhood selection in a minute or two and loads a lot after that in less than a minute.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.