Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 5:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bodyshop not opening correctly, please help!
Hello guys! I have this problem and is that I just changed to a new computer, a gaming laptop, OMEN HP Windows 10 Nvdia Geoforce, and I installed the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from Origin, but there is a problem. Everytime I try to launch bodyshop, when it opens, it just opens in blue, and I waited for more than 1 hour and it didn't work, I don't know what's wrong. I uploaded the image so you can see how it looks.
Thank you in advance!

NOTE:
Something to consider. In my old computer, I use to run BodyShop with over 5,000+ package files on my Downloads folder, and obviously it took a little while to open, but at least the loading bar and all that appeared, but with my new computer, nothing shows up, only blue. I got the same 5,000+ mods on my new computer right now.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 5:26 AM
Will it open if you remove all body shop cc?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

I don't know honestly, but it wouldn't make sense, because if the problem would be the CC, then I would had the same problem on my old computer, something that never happended. Is there anything else I can do?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 11:15 AM
Try taking out the CC , see if that helps. (If it does, of course, that's not the actual solution; but it helps figure out what's causing the problem)

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 11:48 AM
I'm not sure if there are several versions of Bodyshop included with the UC, but if there are, make sure you're using the correct one. A new version shipped with most of the single EPs/SPs, and using one of the older versions would sometimes cause weird problems.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I'm not sure if there are several versions of Bodyshop included with the UC, but if there are, make sure you're using the correct one. A new version shipped with most of the single EPs/SPs, and using one of the older versions would sometimes cause weird problems.

I'm currently using the bodyshop in Funwithpets/SP9, but I'll see and try others, if there are.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Try taking out the CC , see if that helps. (If it does, of course, that's not the actual solution; but it helps figure out what's causing the problem)

Ok, I'll try and see what happens... but if it gets fixed, it would be really weird because on my old computer I run bodyshop perfecttly with my mods.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 5:41 PM
Thank you guys for answering! Ill remove the CC, and I'll give you the report
Instructor
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 6:44 PM
First try out without the CC. Workes on the old pc, but try it for the new one. I love this game, but sometime it does some wierd things.
You have to use the Body Shop from the last EP. And try to install the grapic rules maker:
http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia...patibility-with
This game don`t "know" newer grapic cards. Its easy, worked fine for me on Win10. It only for showing the game witch grapic card you have, so you can also play in higher grapic. backup your files before trying anything.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 1:26 AM

Sorry to answer late, busy with school xd. Removed all CC, still not worked...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KaterMikesch77
First try out without the CC. Workes on the old pc, but try it for the new one. I love this game, but sometime it does some wierd things.
You have to use the Body Shop from the last EP. And try to install the grapic rules maker:
http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia...patibility-with
This game don`t "know" newer grapic cards. Its easy, worked fine for me on Win10. It only for showing the game witch grapic card you have, so you can also play in higher grapic. backup your files before trying anything.

Already used the Graphic Ruler, and I removed all my CC. Nothing worked
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 1:28 AM

Removed all CC, did not work...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 1:39 AM
Okay. CC can become corrupted when you move it.

I wonder if it's connected to the UC. Did you have the UC on the old computer?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 5:02 PM
Okay. CC can become corrupted when you move it.

I wonder if it's connected to the UC. Did you have the UC on the old computer?

Sorry I dont know what you mean by UC, and I dont know what it is so I cant say if my old computer was connected.
Excuse me, english is not my native language.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 5:21 PM
UC refers to "Universal Collection." Are you running your game off disks, or have you downloaded the entire game from Origin?

This is not the way this problem usually manifests, but look in your Sims2 folder and see if there are files called groups.cache, accessory.cache, Cigen.pkg, and/or Content Registry. Delete them. See if this makes any difference.

Don't worry about your English. It may take longer to figure this out with a language barrier, but we'll manage. If you'll tell us what your first language is, perhaps someone here will be conversant enough in it to help.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#16 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 6:05 PM
UC=Ultimate collection (they said that's what they have in the first post).
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#17 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 6:42 PM
Have you tried deleting the cache files in your My Docs/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder? Don't just do the groups.cache, do the others too.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 9:23 PM
I know they have the UC, I am asking them if they had the UC on their old computer. It worked on that computer and now it doesn't. So maybe they went from disks (working) to UC (not working)

Op make sure all cache files are gone as has been said in a couple of posts above.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
UC refers to "Universal Collection." Are you running your game off disks, or have you downloaded the entire game from Origin?

This is not the way this problem usually manifests, but look in your Sims2 folder and see if there are files called groups.cache, accessory.cache, Cigen.pkg, and/or Content Registry. Delete them. See if this makes any difference.

Don't worry about your English. It may take longer to figure this out with a language barrier, but we'll manage. If you'll tell us what your first language is, perhaps someone here will be conversant enough in it to help.

I downloaded the Ultimate Collection from Origin, no disks. My native language is spansih, I'm latina
Ill try to delete those.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 9:25 PM
Have you tried deleting the cache files in your My Docs/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder? Don't just do the groups.cache, do the others too.

I'll try that
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 9:28 PM
I know they have the UC, I am asking them if they had the UC on their old computer. It worked on that computer and now it doesn't. So maybe they went from disks (working) to UC (not working)

Op make sure all cache files are gone as has been said in a couple of posts above.

In my old computer, I had the Sims 2 Double Deluxe, in disk, and then I installed pirated expansion packs of the Sims 2. (which makes the problem even weirder because my old sims was basically all pirated, and I had no problems with it, and now with the Ultimate Collection I got this problem)
And in my new computer, I downloaded the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from Origin, 100% original.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IOwnALego111
I'll try that

Ok, just deleted both cache files (the only ones I had in my EA Games documents folder), and the problem still persists. What can I do?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 9:47 PM
Have you tried repairing the game in origin? Make a back up first, go into Origin right click your game and see if repair is an option.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 10:47 PM
Have you tried repairing the game in origin? Make a back up first, go into Origin right click your game and see if repair is an option.

Ok, I'll try that, tysm, Ill give u the repport if something happens
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 5:48 PM

Hey, sorry, I tried what you said, the problem persisits
Page 1 of 2