Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 2:14 AM Last edited by Nyanchan : 27th Mar 2017 at 4:11 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Won't work on windows 10
I've installed and patched up the game, but i'm having trouble playing it.

i keep getting the error "Conflict with Emulation Software detected." I read this can be because of the virtual disk drive.
I only just installed the game and can't even start playing.

Thing is I need to use the virtual drive, as my laptop has no disc drive.

I have tried using the SecuRom removal tool and it failed too.

I have run in compatibility for Win7 and XP SP2. its worth noting that the properties window for the game itself won't let me change compatibility directly, i have to use the compatibility troubleshooter.
here's the window

I run windows 10 basic, have nvidia graphics card, 16 gb ram.

i used a built in analysis thing, that says to send a file to securom support.
here is its contents
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 2:45 PM
The Securom tool probably does work (worked for me anyway) but if you run the game from the disk, it will immediately reinstall it. You need a noCD fix. There's a discussion about this over at Leefish - I suggest going over there since we're strictly not allowed to talk about noCD cracks here.

http://leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6688

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 10:12 PM
Also try to use in compatibility mode in Windows 8 - that works for some, including me
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 3:42 AM
When I had this problem, I uninstalled the whole game, and then installed it again. But not directly: first change the setup file to compatibility with Windows Xp Service pack 2, and then install. Do the same for the base game and all expansions: never install directly when prompted, change compatibility and then install.

And this last time looking back I'll see my home, for she awaits me reaching for my soul. She calls my name, and waves me on. The fallen one, she stands in flames