Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2017 at 11:39 AM Last edited by Shan-Chan : 12th May 2017 at 9:59 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED] Can't uninstall (and therefore can't reinstall) corrupted game
I recently tried to play the sims 2 again. My most recent "expansion" was the University Life collection which included the University expansion, Ikea Stuff, and Teen Style Stuff but I remember having to launch the game via the Mansion and Garden stuff pack. I have Windows 7 and built my computer specifically for playing sims.

When I tried to run the game, it said "Some needed files were corrupted during the installation. Please reinstall this application."

Don't know how that happened. I haven't touched the game in several years but since then I've added and removed unrelated things from my computer a dozen times over. Maybe some files just got screwed up.

No big deal either way. I don't care about any saved games I had, I'll just uninstall and reinstall the game. But when I went to Programs and Features and right-clicked Mansion and Garden to uninstall it, nothing came up. In fact it's been 30 minutes now and nothing. I tried again just in case I miss clicked or something, but no. I don't know how else to uninstall a game.

So what do I do? I went through the uninstalling page on the wiki and even clicked the link to manually uninstalling but it was a dead link. I don't know where to go from here.

Playing since 2004.
“Marsh's Sim Shit” —Sims, challenges/legacies, stories, lots, and edits (updated March 2020)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 10th May 2017 at 11:52 AM
I honestly don't know, because my old H&M file is installed in my system, but when i try to uninstall it says "missing files" though my UC works fine anyway.
I have had this problem with several other programs too. Sometimes viruses attached themselves to those files, and then of cause the antivirusprogram deletes the certain file >_>
It might be something in that case, and the only way to fix it is rebooting the system back to the original :/
So i just gave up on that

I build small houses *^*
Forum Resident
#3 Old 10th May 2017 at 12:04 PM
There's also a program call Revo Uninstaller that forces programs to uninstall: https://www.revouninstaller.com/rev...e_download.html
Never used it, I just found the link via Google on a question about uninstalling NL.

I did find an explanation for why you couldn't uninstall your game:
"Because the Add/Remove program function will just redirect to the Sims 2 folder unistallation. If the Sims 2 folder uninstall program won't work, then the Add/Remove program won't work too."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th May 2017 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
There's also a program call Revo Uninstaller that forces programs to uninstall: https://www.revouninstaller.com/rev...e_download.html
Never used it, I just found the link via Google on a question about uninstalling NL.

I did find an explanation for why you couldn't uninstall your game:
"Because the Add/Remove program function will just redirect to the Sims 2 folder unistallation. If the Sims 2 folder uninstall program won't work, then the Add/Remove program won't work too."

Thank you so much! That revo unistaller worked wonderfully!

Playing since 2004.
“Marsh's Sim Shit” —Sims, challenges/legacies, stories, lots, and edits (updated March 2020)