Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 2:54 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Conflict Detection
Hi, is there an easier way to detect a conflict? Somewhere in my downloads folder I have a file that is overwriting the chef's stove. I removed my entire folder, created a lot and put the chef's stove on it. Now that I put the downloads folder back, the game is crashing. I expected this, but would like to know if there is an easier way besides going through my cc files little by little.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 3:13 AM
Look under Sims 2 - Programs here https://web.archive.org/web/2012012...imwardrobe.com/ and there's something called the Hack Conflict Detection Utility. Grab that and it will be able to tell you when two hacks are sharing the same code.

Edit: Although it sounds like your CC is sharing the same GUID as the chef's stove. Did you download any new stoves lately?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 3:58 AM
Thanks! Does it work if just a normal cc is sharing the same code and not a mod?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 4:23 AM
It is for mods.

Have you downloaded any new stoves lately? It looks as if one of your CC items was cloned from the chef's stove and the GUID wasn't changed, so that's why it's overwriting it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 4:34 AM
The trick is finding that cc! lol I went to Paladin's Place and am looking for that file.

As for downloading a file that overwrites the EA one, I have no idea. I removed the folder that I have my appliances in, but it could be an alpha/numeric file and I would have no idea what it is. I've not d/led anything except some medieval stuff recently. I just picked this game up again after being away for years.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 5:45 AM
That won't show the stove overwriting, that is a GUID conflict or a default. You can run a GUID conflict in SimPE though. I had instructions on the someplace... maybe try Google. Or try doing a search for stove default/replacements.

The HCD detects mods/hacks using the same code.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 6:39 AM
Thanks Jo! I did find one set of instructions for finding guid conflicts. I'll look at it tomorrow.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 6:50 AM
I use cleaninstaller to find GUID conflicts.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 12:09 PM
I didn't know that Clean Installer showed GUID conflicts. How do you use it?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 2:36 PM
There's two options: You either installed an object that replaces the stove (default replacement), or an object that shares the GUID. Defaults aren't easily detected if you have a lot of CC, and the HCDU isn't foolproof.

If you've downloaded lots, there's a chance the object hitched a ride with the Sims2pack.

Have you tried the 50/50 method? May not be the quickest way, but it usually does the trick in finding problem content.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 3:18 PM
GUID scan. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...:GUID_Conflicts Just in case you still need one. I suggest taking out your Default Folder if you have one so all your known defaults don't show up in the scan. I would do this before a 50/50 search.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 5:47 PM
About the 50/50 method.
I don't like moving the folders. I just put the folder I want to leave out of the game in a zipfile. The game doesn't show cc that's in a zipfile even if it's in the downloadfolder.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 1:12 AM
@lientebollemeis, how do you use Clean Installer to find guid conflicts? That's news to me also.

@simmer22, I always use Clean Installer to install lots. I suppose though if I don't read everything that is included in that lot, something could have hitched a ride into my game. As I said, I've not done this game for years and it's been years since I d/led much of anything except for medieval things. When sims 3 came out, I basically went over to that one. I've not had too much of a chance to scan my game yet. Fridays are my busy day. Also, however do you detect "default replacements?" I have to add here, that before I removed my entire downloads folder, the chef's stove was not even able to be placed, not even the cc one.

I always use a version of the 50/50, but usually in smaller amounts.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonshine
however do you detect "default replacements?"

The Clean Installer will show "default replacement" as a "type" category, though I'm not sure if it always catches them all.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 1:24 AM
I meant that unwanted objects can sometimes hitch-hike with a lot, so you may have installed the item without knowing. Certain default replacement objects (or objects sharing GUIDs) may do this. Such items don't always show up color-coded in the S2CI.

One example is if you have the mod that makes mailboxes and trash cans buyable. The mod plus every single recolor of these items will be included in every single lot you pack. There are also some mailbox defaults that do the same. This also happens with the Clean Installer.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 1:35 AM
I do have cc mailboxes and trashcans. I think I d/led a lot once that somebody had deleted one of these and that's why I had to get them. I don't believe it's a mod though. I think they're just individual cc's.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 2:20 AM
Anybody who uploads houses needs to know to untick the hitchhikers- mail box, bin and stairs recolours. If they leave them in I would not download lots from that creator. You won't find lots like that here. If you do please report it.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Anybody who uploads houses needs to know to untick the hitchhikers- mail box, bin and stairs recolours. If they leave them in I would not download lots from that creator. You won't find lots like that here. If you do please report it.

How and where can you untick that?
And how do you know a creator didnt do that.
I dont have such recolors. Do I need to untick that then too?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 7:28 AM
When you upload a lot you need to check your package file in Clean Installer and untick all the boxes that show items you didn't use in the lot. Stairs, bins/trash sans and mail boxes are pretty easy to see. Some mods/hacks may also try and hitchhike and CEP files like the OFB window one will when you use any of that set, all need to be removed. Then save as a slightly different name, maybe have no gaps where as the original had gaps. Then rar your file and it's ready to upload.

You will know when you download the lot and open it in Clean Installer and see all of the unused files. Here we check the files under the spyglass next to the file.

Anything you unticked like recolours should still show in the lot once the downloader puts it in their game - if they already have the recolours in their download folder. Recolours only show up in the file if you used one. So say you used a lack yellow chair recolour, the whole set will show up in your packaged file. With large recolour sets it's often easiest to untick them all and link to the set unless it's clearly named and you know exactly which one/s to keep in the file.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
When you upload a lot you need to check your package file in Clean Installer and untick all the boxes that show items you didn't use in the lot. Stairs, bins/trash sans and mail boxes are pretty easy to see. Some mods/hacks may also try and hitchhike and CEP files like the OFB window one will when you use any of that set, all need to be removed. Then save as a slightly different name, maybe have no gaps where as the original had gaps. Then rar your file and it's ready to upload.

You will know when you download the lot and open it in Clean Installer and see all of the unused files. Here we check the files under the spyglass next to the file.

Anything you unticked like recolours should still show in the lot once the downloader puts it in their game - if they already have the recolours in their download folder. Recolours only show up in the file if you used one. So say you used a lack yellow chair recolour, the whole set will show up in your packaged file. With large recolour sets it's often easiest to untick them all and link to the set unless it's clearly named and you know exactly which one/s to keep in the file.

And if you haven't used any cc while building. That's still necessary?

Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 5:20 AM
Hi again, I tried the guid conflict detector in SimPE and it didn't work. It found many "duplicates," but most of those were recolors. There were a few duplicate files that I found. I did find the folder that the bad file is in, but the trick is finding that file. I guess I was hoping to avoid this method, but oh well.