Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 1:32 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The Sims 2 Ultimate collection crashing when try to load families or lots
I download The Sims 2- Ultimate Collection months ago hasn’t work at all in that time. Every time I have tried to play, the game crashes while trying to load a family or point blank refuses to load gives me the black screen of death. I have no mods, hacks or CC.
The error message that comes up when I trying to load a family says that 'The sims 2 mansion and game application has crashed and will now terminate' unfortunately the message give me no more information that. In all neighbourhoods this is the issue, you can't move a family in a house, you can't create a family or enter pregame family household.
I have windows 10 and I have tried changing the compatibility to Windows XP (service pack 2) and (service pack 3) with no avail.
I have also tried the repair and update which didn't work; neither did replacing the Paul file each. Quite often after the change would cause black screen of death if I tried to start the game, forcing me to restart the p.c.
It then started coming up with error message The Sims 2 EP9 has stop working, but giving no further no further information other than that.
And now for some reason now it is still crashing and making error noise, but not producing error message.
Please help.
Thanks
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 10:11 AM
Does it occur in all your neighborhoods or in just one? Did you mess with one of the universal NPCs (Grim Reaper, Mrs. Crumplebottom, Pollination Technicians, etc.) or did you a Very Bad Thing (http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...ng_corruption)? It sounds like corruption.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 3:34 PM
I googled your problem and it might be caused by Securom, which is not compatible with Windows 10. It's possible to remove Securom and run the game without Origin, this link has the details: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6688
Make sure you read the thread carefully, as Origin will reinstall Securom whenever you start your game with it.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 5:47 PM
If the OP has just updated and repaired, only the last step may be needed from the link above.

There is an article in my signature which you can read, and a link to an update at the start which you can read first.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 3:51 AM
Did you run the graphic rules maker to make sure your game is picking up your video card? If the game can't find your card it can cause crashing going into CAS or loading a house.

https://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedi...patibility-with
Mad Poster
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 3:11 PM
Thank you all it was the graphic rules maker that fixed it in the end. Thanks Merry Christmas.