Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 8:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Reuse very old neighbourhood
A very long time ago (about 10 years and 2 laptops) I had this neighbourhood Pleasantview which I played for a very long time.
I had CC and mods and stuff and in the meantime I cleared out my downloadfolder several times.
Now I have found some old back ups of this Pleasantview (and other old neighbourhoods), but I have no idea of which downloads I used and which not.
Is it save to put that old Pleasantview in the neighbourhoodfolder again without the downloads of back then (or at least not all of them)?
Would hoodchecker maybe a help to do that? I'd love to play with my old neighbourhoods again.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:24 PM
If this was originally the shipped Pleasantview it was broken anyway, so I wouldn't worry about that.

As for the Downloads folder - if you used to have NPC-based mods that you don't have anymore, booting the neighborhood up without it would break it. But I'm not certain it wasn't broken anyway when you stored the backup separately from the Downloads.

So I say, go for it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:48 PM
Make sure to remove your current Pleasantview before putting the other in they would share hood numbers. I would run, see if it's there, if not try deleting the neighbourhood manager and running again.

Also if CC eyes and skin were pulled the sims genetics will be broken.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 6:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If this was originally the shipped Pleasantview it was broken anyway, so I wouldn't worry about that.

As for the Downloads folder - if you used to have NPC-based mods that you don't have anymore, booting the neighborhood up without it would break it. But I'm not certain it wasn't broken anyway when you stored the backup separately from the Downloads.

So I say, go for it.

What do you mean with the shipped pleasantview?
It was the original that came with the game.

I am quite sure I didn't have NPC downloads.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Make sure to remove your current Pleasantview before putting the other in they would share hood numbers. I would run, see if it's there, if not try deleting the neighbourhood manager and running again.

Also if CC eyes and skin were pulled the sims genetics will be broken.

I'd load my game with just this old neighbourhood on my old laptop.
I think I had cc eyes and skins but their genetics are not the most important.

Should i load the hood without any downloads or with the downloads i have now cause i didn't delete everything.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Forum Resident
#5 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 8:40 AM
Shipped Pleasantview is the one that came with that game, and like all Maxis neighborhoods it's broken from the beginning. As long as you check your hood with the HoodChecker occasionally, you should still be able to play it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
Shipped Pleasantview is the one that came with that game, and like all Maxis neighborhoods it's broken from the beginning. As long as you check your hood with the HoodChecker occasionally, you should still be able to play it.

And should I try it with the downloads I have now or without any downloads at all?

Field Researcher
#7 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I'd load my game with just this old neighbourhood on my old laptop.
I think I had cc eyes and skins but their genetics are not the most important.

Should i load the hood without any downloads or with the downloads i have now cause i didn't delete everything.

Default replacement eyes and skins are no problem. They'll just fall back to the Maxis originals or whatever defaults you're using now. But if you had Sims that used custom versions instead of the defaults, they'd be missing.

Unless you have a huge downloads folder you don't want to run on that old laptop, I'd leave the downloads in. At least some of them are probably going to be things you had in there back then, which will minimise the missing items.

You could also put the nieghbourhood in, then run the game and go and inspect every household/Sim for missing content. From that you might be able to figure out any important missing items and add them. You could then delete that test run and put a fresh copy of the neighbourhood back in to actually play.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 1:29 PM
Leave the downloads in, you don't want your cc to vanish from everywhere. I thought you didn't have all the CC for some reason.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Leave the downloads in, you don't want your cc to vanish from everywhere. I thought you didn't have all the CC for some reason.

I still have cc. But only some cc from back then and a lot of new cc because once in a while I clear out my downloadsfolder. And it's been over 10 years.

Scholar
#10 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 1:54 PM
Just do it, you're restoring from a backup and you'll still have the backup so what does it matter if the old 'hood breaks? You have to slate your curiosity.
Temporarily remove all of your existing neighbourhoods though, if any of them or their sub'hoods have the same ID as your old 'hood or any of it's sub'hoods the game will change the IDs when you load the old 'hood. The game changing IDs probably will do no harm but it's better to err on the safe side, as that can break the story telling.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 2:02 PM
Or, you could use AntRenamer or any other program that rename files in bulk (I use Ant) to rename your old one, if after trying it, it ends up working fine.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Just do it, you're restoring from a backup and you'll still have the backup so what does it matter if the old 'hood breaks? You have to slate your curiosity.
Temporarily remove all of your existing neighbourhoods though, if any of them or their sub'hoods have the same ID as your old 'hood or any of it's sub'hoods the game will change the IDs when you load the old 'hood. The game changing IDs probably will do no harm but it's better to err on the safe side, as that can break the story telling.

Only the hood i want to play with is in the neighbourhoodfolder. I amways do that just to be safe.
Thanks a lot everyone.
I am definitely trying it out as soon as I can.