Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:09 AM
"Beware of Sims you hire over the phone"
In the start-up screen, there's some text that scrolls that says something like "Keep an eye on Sims you hire over the phone. Not everyone works for their pay!" You can hire Sims?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:11 AM
Yes you can. This has been around since TS1. They will do things like clean and repair items. O_o
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:29 AM
lmfao. The little ts1 french maid. I do miss the gardeners though. Why dont our shubs and such grow anymore?

As far as watching them. It is true. I had this tubby bastard in my house cleaning up my cat turds.. And he was eatin my food. I was likt wtf. So i fired him and the next day someone else showed up. I havnt seen him since.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." ~ George Carlin
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:31 AM
Did you think that the maid, gardener, pizza delivery guy, butler etc were Servos? They are Sims simply not playable ones unless your playable Sim marries them
Instructor
#5 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:34 AM
I remember that in both TS1 and TS2, sometimes you would hire a maid and they would only half a$$ clean the house. It used to drive me nuts, I would fire them and have to wait until someone different answered the maid phone. I haven't tried hiring maids on TS3, because of that very warning But I am glad to know ahead of time that a replacement is ent automatically instead of you having to spend time rehiring yourself.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:36 AM
Yeah unless you call and actually cancel the service someone new will come.. And a few days a week its someone random when your "reg" maid has the day off Hahahaha

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." ~ George Carlin
Scholar
#7 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:39 AM
The TS2 Nanny need I say more- eats your food, plays with your sims toys, swims in their pools- in fact does everything except actually take care of children, babies and toddlers (other than feeding them 150 times per hour and leaving them on the floor)
Field Researcher
#8 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:39 AM
Not that I've had very many, but most of the maids have done a good job. I did have one that I caught eating leftovers at the table instead of cleaning. Lazy bum.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:43 AM
The nannies really are useless.. But if found the older the nanny the better the result. The teens talk on there phones and the YA's will just watch tv. I even had one standing in front of the tv and the babys icon was yellow.. Then got the crying bubble and the idiot was still just standing there.. I had to manually adjust the babys motives.

Does anyone know if the social worker will take your kids when they are under the nannies care?

Instructor
#10 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:45 AM
Yea just tonight the friggin Nanny went to blow out the candles on the cake for my Sim's toddler and he ended up setting the cake and table on fire. What a moron! I was hoping he would catch on fire but nope he didn't.
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 4:25 AM
I seem to get different maids everyday on TS3, i never get the same one
Alchemist
#12 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 5:24 AM
^ Same here. I only hired one to take care of the stupid newspapers on my deck. When I checked, it was a dude, then a female and so on...
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th May 2012 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jessicax0
I seem to get different maids everyday on TS3, i never get the same one
. I get these lady's that look the same but there name's are different but They are different every day too. And they brush there teeth in the kitchen sink.
#14 Old 28th May 2012 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nelicquele1981
The nannies really are useless.. But if found the older the nanny the better the result. The teens talk on there phones and the YA's will just watch tv. I even had one standing in front of the tv and the babys icon was yellow.. Then got the crying bubble and the idiot was still just standing there.. I had to manually adjust the babys motives.

Sounds like real life? I've seen and heard teen and young adult nannies in my place here more likely spend their time to talk to their phones & watch TV rather than take care of kids. Older nannies know more how to handle the kids, more better the result than the young nannies. If TS3 could have feature to call relatives to take care of their kids for free, not hiring someone else like nanny over phone..
Forum Resident
#15 Old 28th May 2012 at 10:15 AM
In TS2, all nannies in my game, regardless of age were pretty useless. I found their neglect to pretty lifelike though. I was so glad when someone came out with a mod that allowed you to call someone over to stay and babysit while you were gone (and that person was controllable!).

In TS3, the babysitters are okay in general. They're better than they were in TS2 but still not the best. I just wish they would give us the option of dropping our kids off at a friend or family member's house or asking someone to come over and watch them. I thought the Daycare profession was going to be for that purpose in GEN.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 28th May 2012 at 12:26 PM
This thread is from 2009, guys Now we have butler, gardener, dancer...to hire. The maid/babysitter is still a nightmare though.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 28th May 2012 at 5:13 PM
When I see this phrase on my screen it always reminds me of Open for Business one day I even got confused and had to stop and think if we had OFB for Sims 3 lol
Scholar
#18 Old 28th May 2012 at 5:20 PM
yeah, I never took that message to heart.... until I got a different babysitter. Candy Ashleydale is the red-headed teen babysitter, and she always does a great job (at least in my game). But the one time I got a different guy was when my sim was going to work a graveyard shift, and wouldn't be back till morning. The baby needed changing... babysitter sits and watches tv. Baby eventually goes to sleep (after I boosted the motives) and babysitter gets up, wakes up the baby and starts playing with it. I almost deleted him, but since he was holding the baby...

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Mad Poster
#19 Old 28th May 2012 at 7:25 PM
I've never had much of a problem with them, but my sims seem to excel at smart babycare even without modding. O_O The nannies in TS2 and TS3 take care of the kids exceptionally well for my standards. Fed, played with, and when the kids are off to bed, Halls of History and a nap.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Test Subject
#20 Old 29th May 2012 at 8:59 PM
I have such traumas from TS2 nannies that now I just swap the parents' days off (some paid, some unpaid) until the child ages.

In TS2, when a parent one worked from 9-5, and parent two from 4-10, you had to call a nanny for that one hour, and when parent one came home, it was a serious PITA to make the nanny go home. I even had some nannies stuck in my home, luckily dying of starvation.

In TS3, I haven't a clue what a nanny looks like.

The maids on the other hand... Useless greedy &$@*# which I hire only because *sometimes* they do laundry. I wonder what a TS3 gardener would be like.