Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#27 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Perfectionist Gal
What situation will a meteor happen? I know it is random, but there may be some reasons...longing to know. In my experience, they only happen in weird, extraordinary situations. Not sure..

Beats me, I've never seen a meteor until I patched up to the newest patch.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 8:11 PM
Yeah my game is fine now after updating his mods.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 3:35 AM
Hmm, well, I was about to protest that I didn't have the digsite mod, but I do have Buzz's CleanHouseForEveryone, ScribblingPad, and TakeHomeFoods - I shall have to remove/update those immediately. Thank you in advance for the head's up - if it's not resolved, I shall return with a list of all the rest of my mods to see if any redflag
Mad Poster
#30 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Perfectionist Gal
What situation will a meteor happen? I know it is random, but there may be some reasons...longing to know.

The meteor may occur if your Active Family sim is outside using a telescope. Chance of this happening when the dice are rolled is one in a thousand.
Meteor may also occur if your Active Family sim is outside, doesn't matter what they are doing. Chance of this coming through on the dice is one in 10 thousand.
This check, the rolling of the dice, is done every 60 minutes, as long as you have someone outside.
This only happens with your active family sims, all the other sims in town cannot trigger the meteor, which is really stupid if you ask me. They should have made it the other way around, the meteor being triggered by all the townies but my active sims protected.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:00 AM
Okay, after a few hours of playing with no meteor strikes, updating my Buzz mods definitely seems to have done the trick! Thank you SO much for the heads up!!!
Mad Poster
#32 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:37 PM
Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh...........I want meteor strikes! I'm up to Generations and patched up to date, but I've only ever had a meteor strike ONCE since Sims 3 came out.
Test Subject
#33 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 7:37 PM
I've gotten skilled at dodging meteors... "Sapphire wonders why it got so dark all of a sudden" Pause, cancel action, save, go into map mode and find a faraway place, wait for meteor to hit house and trigger 150 million fires.

Plus, One time all my sims were sleeping but the cat. "Norbert wonders why it got dark all of a sudden." 4 extremely tired, uncooperative Sims, and I have to move them all to the beach. o3o

EDIT: And then all the sims have to call a fireman 15 times just to get the fires out
Forum Resident
#34 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
The meteor may occur if your Active Family sim is outside using a telescope. Chance of this happening when the dice are rolled is one in a thousand.
Meteor may also occur if your Active Family sim is outside, doesn't matter what they are doing. Chance of this coming through on the dice is one in 10 thousand.
This check, the rolling of the dice, is done every 60 minutes, as long as you have someone outside.
This only happens with your active family sims, all the other sims in town cannot trigger the meteor, which is really stupid if you ask me. They should have made it the other way around, the meteor being triggered by all the townies but my active sims protected.

Not disagreeing, but this calculation doesn't figure the chance of a meteor strike happening when your Sim is indoors. The last time I had a meteor strike, my Sim was at work at the acting studio. The meteor forced my Sim to exit her workplace prematurely as it struck and any amount of queuing her to go back in was futile. Fortunately she didn't die, but I think one of her coworkers did.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#35 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 6:29 PM
I have a problem with this also. I had 2 Sims, boy friend and girl friend. I have the yoga mod installed and the girl was outside practicing yoga when I got the "Mackenzie noticed it suddenly got dark" thing. I was like "whaaaat" and kept watching, not knowing to get her out the way when she got hit with a meteor (I had my headphones on and the volume up, it was pretty scary). After her funeral, I had her boyfriend go mourn her at the cemetery in Sunset Valley. I left it in live mode, went to get a drink, and when I returned, the grim reaper was taking my other sim from ANOTHER meteor strike. Is there a way to turn this off?!
Mad Poster
#36 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 6:48 PM
First make sure all your script mods are compatible with your patch level (having non-compatible script mods can cause excessive meteor strikes) and there is a mod to stop them here: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...pdate-10-30-12/ (need to register on Twoftmamma's forum to see the mods).
Test Subject
#37 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 4:00 AM
My sims have had their wedding ruined by meteors. TWICE. We can't even get through the G.D. ceremony without celestial ruin slamming into the wedding arch. I had to set an arch up in the middle in nowhere and do a quicky privet wedding. And it's happened twice at their house. They keep targeting my lesbian couple... Starting to think this glitch is homophobic.
Page 2 of 2