Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#8126 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 2:13 PM
I really don't care either way, I just hope everyone can understand that I'm fundamentally against signing up for websites that I'm only going to ever use once. It takes all sorts of extra time and effort and frankly, it's just redundant. There's a pretty good website for everything related to modding The Sims, and I don't see why I'd need to go anywhere else if there's plenty of people perfectly qualified and willing to help each other out. You guys sometimes make this stuff sound like a chore when it's really just a hobby.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Scholar
#8127 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
I really don't care either way, I just hope everyone can understand that I'm fundamentally against signing up for websites that I'm only going to ever use once. It takes all sorts of extra time and effort and frankly, it's just redundant. There's a pretty good website for everything related to modding The Sims, and I don't see why I'd need to go anywhere else if there's plenty of people perfectly qualified and willing to help each other out. You guys sometimes make this stuff sound like a chore when it's really just a hobby.

Gotta agree with this. Before Nraas had to move, I still never was signed up there because I saw no point to doing so. I could get the mods just fine, and the page had free info on what does what thing. And if I didn't know, I could easily ask here on MTS because Nraas is rather known here, and questions I had could be answered.
Mad Poster
#8128 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 11:45 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 3rd Mar 2019 at 12:01 PM.
Where to find terra cotta army that my sim wishes to see?

ETA: nvm, found it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#8129 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 12:09 AM
Is there a way to stop the weatherstone from spawning? I made a world in CAW, and placed a weatherstone directly in CAW, hoping it would prevent it popping up in a random place. But when I loaded up the world the first time, a weatherstone spawned, so now there's two. I tried deleting the new one, but another simply spawns shortly after.
Lab Assistant
#8130 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Riesen
Is there a way to stop the weatherstone from spawning?

There is an option in the NRaas Traveller mod that will do it.

From the City Hall or computer menu: NRaas > Traveler >
Allow Spawn Weather Stone
Whether to allow the game to respawn the weather stone after you delete it.
Default: True

Just change it to False.

Sarah_Sims
NRaas Industries
Top Secret Researcher
#8131 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 2:33 PM
I'm playing a game for the first time in Sunset Valley for awhile, and the weather stone spawned at the school playground. It's buried up to the neck. I'm amused by it so haven't deleted it yet.
Lab Assistant
#8132 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarah_Sims
There is an option in the NRaas Traveller mod that will do it.

From the City Hall or computer menu: NRaas > Traveler >
Allow Spawn Weather Stone
Whether to allow the game to respawn the weather stone after you delete it.
Default: True

Just change it to False.

Oh, wonderful, thank you so much!
Mad Poster
#8133 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 4:10 PM
How, or where do you collect 2 uncommon relics from for the adventure in shang simla?

Top Secret Researcher
#8134 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
How, or where do you collect 2 uncommon relics from for the adventure in shang simla?

I go to the relics store and buy them.
IF they don't have them, buy all the cheap stuff (or everything, if you have tiberium) and see what's next for sale at the store.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#8135 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 3:53 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 7th Mar 2019 at 6:42 PM.
Are they listed/titled "uncommon [something]" to distinguish them?

ETA: whoops, nevermind. Appearantly I needed to get common ones. Would buying them really count

Forum Resident
#8136 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 5:46 PM
Can you convert a lot into a package file using Delphy's Extractor? And if so, if CC is attached to the lot, how do I get rid of the CC, so I can change the CC into package files as well? Or will the CC attached to the lot automatically disappear once it's been converted?
Top Secret Researcher
#8137 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 3:54 AM
Yes, and everyone should convert lot sims3packs to package files. Down with hitchhiking cc!

If you use Custard: http://www.modthesims.info/d/390235...ck-cleaner.html you can make a mostly clean, Sims3pack of the lot, and also save a copy of some, most, all (depending on how it is installed and if any cc has hitchhiked with the file) of the lot's cc. You can use Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter to get the .package file for the lot, and place it in your library folder (not mods folder). Then you can use the Multi-Extracter on the cc. If you use the Multi-Extracter on the original lot's Sims3pack, you should get a file for the lot (package file for library folder) and any cc sims3pack files, converted into package files (for mods folder).

I would recommend using Custard first, because though not strictly required, it helps sort the cc better, and tells you what's in the sims3pack. Converting the lot into a package file *should* get rid of any cc that doesn't belong.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#8138 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 5:43 PM
How does time work when Sims are in sub-worlds?

Mad Poster
#8139 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
How does time work when Sims are in sub-worlds?

Worlds that are not being actively simulated are frozen in time. It is possible, for example and if you arrange things just right, to return from Uni just in time to see your parents and siblings still waving goodbye to you as you were leaving. Is this what was meant?
Field Researcher
#8140 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 2:21 PM
@igazor How? :o
Mad Poster
#8141 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Giga
@igazor How? :o

If it is Friday at 8:00 pm when your travel party leaves their homeworld for Uni or a vacation destination, then it will be Friday at 8:00 (or 8:01) pm when they return. Nothing will have moved or changed in their absence. If they happen to instantiate close to where they live upon return, or if the player can move the game camera back to their house or point of departure quickly enough, they might see the sims left behind doing exactly what they were doing when they left. It's kind of funny if two sims are flirting or woohooing, because it might seem like they have been doing that for two sim weeks without needing to come up for air, but again the homeworld would really have been in suspended animation all that time.
Top Secret Researcher
#8142 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 2:33 PM
I've not played with a butler in a long time. I know they need their own room. I don't think they're very skilled. I had a time machine (always!) and it broke. For some reason there was a puddle in front of it, and the butler tried to repair it. Yep... Died. Next butler died the same way.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#8143 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 2:47 PM
Last time any of my sims had a live in butler he just wouldn't stop preparing meals. If my sims weren't hungry I had to keep moving meals into the fridge before they went off. And so that they wouldn't have to be continually clearing out decomposing carbonara or rotting ratatouille, I had to buy one of the really expensive fridges. These days I usually have a sim as part of the family - one who's a good cook, has the Handy skill, and the Neat trait, and just call him a butler.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#8144 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 3:03 PM
My game was horribly slow, even in CAS, despite using NRaas to hide the multiple choices... so, I'm starting a new folder for Sims 3, see if that fixes the problem. (I'll also comb through my CC, though most of that is stuff I've used before...) Though I recall I had multiple NRaas mods merged, and I think I accidentally had ErrorTrap merged in that, too? I fixed that, but the slowness was still there...

My question is, what is better: less CC packages, but merged into a big one? Or more CC packages, but smaller sizes?
The answer is probably less, but also smaller size...
If so, what would be a 'good' size for (merged) CC packages?
Scholar
#8145 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 12:08 AM
I know that IP and Pets (and Seasons?) are the heaviest EPs on the PC. I wanted to ask, what are some of the more... 'lenient' ones? Generations?
Mad Poster
#8146 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I know that IP and Pets (and Seasons?) are the heaviest EPs on the PC. I wanted to ask, what are some of the more... 'lenient' ones? Generations?

Pets is the heaviest, Seasons is close behind. IP (using a fixed up version of Isla Paradiso or just not playing that world) and ITF I would say would be tied for third. Behind that, Late Night, Uni, Supernatural, and Showtime not in any particular order but these don't typically stress a system out unless the player's processor is too weak to keep up and can't even launch or keep the game running -- that would tend to be the older less than 2.2 GHz models that aren't meant to be carrying such a game or be running in turbo mode consistently.

Generations is not really stressful on a system, but it is actually one poorly programmed scenario after another. Gen, Ambitions, and WA would then be the least stressful. Note that travel transitions, especially if considering running them without NRaas Traveler, ErrorTrap, and Overwatch, are going to be jarring on the game so I'm not really taking those into account but thinking more of "ordinary" homeworld play.

Any combination of these EPs could be too much for a system that lacks sufficient RAM which these days would tend to mean less than 6 GB total.
Mad Poster
#8147 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 2:28 AM
Didn't know ITF did much to slow the game down. I imagine the descendant system updates a lot though.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#8148 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Didn't know ITF did much to slow the game down. I imagine the descendant system updates a lot though.

Yes, without getting into transitioning to the future world repeatedly that is exactly the component that puts the stress on the game. Likely players on strong enough processors won't really feel the effects much, though.
Mad Poster
#8149 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 3:48 PM
When is a Sim is classified as rich (might have asked this here a long time, but either I forget or never seen the answer). Tried googling, didn't get an accurate answer. :/

Scholar
#8150 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 7:17 PM
A very stupid question: Is there a list of animals that sims can interact whit? I did try to make my sim inteact whit a racoon but she could just take a look at it, not pet it. Non in the family can interact whit the deer (not even look) and I have seen sims standing around a bird just to take a look. There seems to be no interactions what so ever. The family cat is a good hunter (mostly) and can catch ladybugs, snakes and such but that not so interesting.

As I did mention briefly in a picture thread I have seen a review of TS3 on Youtube and there seems to be a lot of animals in the hood after installing pets but where can they be found? The sims in the family I play have jobs so the can not run around the hod 24-7 and serch for animals (and I have not find out how to use the MasterController mod yet so I'm afraid to jump over to an other family. And even if I would it could take many (real time) days to find anything.
Page 326 of 385