Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#2351 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 7:03 PM
you have to add the bookcase with glass shelves to the library...that has the skill books....
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2352 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 8:12 PM
Question board: Does the Ep come with the patch on the Cd-rom disk? my internet connection is snail slow and it WILL literally take me hours upon hours to Download.
Field Researcher
#2353 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
you have to add the bookcase with glass shelves to the library...that has the skill books....

Ah. That's good to know then.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever sent a sim to the library to read a book (much less a skill book). They always just go to use the computers or to meet people. Which, I suppose, probably isn't too different from how most real-life libraries are used.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Forum Resident
#2354 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 10:30 PM
lisfyre- Okay thanks, so it should install automatically once I go to the launcher after installation, planning to get it today,.

Speaking of which would anyone happen to know if these two mods are conflicting with LN and if I should take it out?
nocurfew_johna (I think the user Johna right?), and the nomosaic mod? (I think someone mentioned that in the previous page about mosaic)
Field Researcher
#2355 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 10:40 PM
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=379117

No Mosaic updated for 1.17/2.12/3.8/4.5/5.2/6.0

NoMosaicLN will work with the following game versions;
Base Game 1.17
World Adventures 2.12
High End Loft Stuff 3.8
Ambitions 4.5
Fast Lane Stuff 5.2
Late Night 6.0

NoMosaicFLS will work with the following game versions;
Base Game 1.15
World Adventures 2.10
High End Loft Stuff 3.6
Ambitions 4.3
Fast Lane Stuff 5.0

NoMosaicAMB will work with the following game versions;
Base Game 1.12 to 1.14
World Adventures 2.7 to 2.9
High End Loft Stuff 3.3 to 3.5
Ambitions 4.0 to 4.2

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly
Forum Resident
#2356 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 3:57 AM
Griz- Okay thanks, I only have LN and base for now but hopefully it should work. Now all I need to know is will the nocurfew mod work (Gonna go check it now)
Test Subject
#2357 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 4:08 AM
Here's a good question, seeing how body modify sliders have been removed and body shape is now dictated by the new sliders, is there a way I can modify my old sims in the new character creation settings without wiping their history and skills?!? I'm caught in a tough spot here

Or is there a way to connect the suburbs to the city like they did in Sims 2? You were able to travel between the two locations.
Forum Resident
#2358 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JettBlack
Or is there a way to connect the suburbs to the city like they did in Sims 2? You were able to travel between the two locations.

Nope. Bridgeport and the towns you already have are separate worlds, you can't connect towns like what we had in The Sims 2.
Forum Resident
#2359 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 6:20 AM
I just noticed (By using the testingcheats one because I am too lazy lol) that children can also have celebrity status too (I presume they can't have jobs yet) so can the teens which is pretty cool, dunno if they can have the acting job though. Toddlers can't though
Theorist
#2360 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by demon_puppy
Loading bridgeport actually crashes my game.

Are you still able to see the city from map view, or does it only crash when you try to go to live mode with a sim? If it's the latter I have the same problem.

I did an autograph session at the library with one of my rock star sims, and the autographs he gave out there did not count towards the autograph count in the celebrity journal.

I've now played for an entire sim week with no gig offers for my band. I remember reading in a LN preview that getting a gig offer takes a very long time but this is ridiculous. I wonder if I actually have to make all my band members self-employed in the band career, contrary to what EA said in their blog.

It seems the welcome wagon feature may just be super rare for me, because I haven't had it again since that last post. It's the same thing with those possible scenarios that can come up when moving your sim into a home. I've only had it happen twice.
Eminence Grise
#2361 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JettBlack
Here's a good question, seeing how body modify sliders have been removed and body shape is now dictated by the new sliders, is there a way I can modify my old sims in the new character creation settings without wiping their history and skills?!? I'm caught in a tough spot here

Use one of the mods that will let you Edit in CAS (Twallan's Master Controller is updated for LN and will do it, not sure about the others).
Eminence Grise
#2362 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 9:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
To make things more clear, what happened to me is that I can get into Bridgeport just fine. However, after I've chosen a family and clicked the checkmark, the game zooms in on the active sim. The neighborhood starts to render for a second, but then the game crashes.

I had this issue when I first started playing. And I had already removed my mods folder. What solved the crash for me was deleting the whole Electronic Arts folder from My Documents. I dunno what was in there that crashed the game, but taking it out solved it.

And yes, this discussion belongs in the Help forum
Forum Resident
#2363 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 10:26 AM
Wow I was just playing Late Night and in the few hours this Sim I was playing Elle Blackstone was slandered for having a child out of wedlock and rummaging through the garbage bin. Despite that the fact her brother in law was beating the crap out of his wife, his sister in law and later on his teen daughter yet was only slandered once.

That's a bit twisted no? (Both of them are stars, infact most of the sims in that family are celebrities), the sister in law was a bit more famous then the brother in law but still.
Field Researcher
#2364 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 10:28 AM
Was he doing all that in public? The fact that she was more famous probably had something to do with it, too.

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Forum Resident
#2365 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 10:37 AM
Hm well Ella, the sister in law only rummaged through the bin in front of her sister and niece, (Both stars, both more famous then her) and the wedlock wasn't her fault, the propose didn't come up and I was too lazy to make her keep interacting with her boyfriend until it did.

The husband wasn't only beating the crap out of them (The wife and her sister were in front of a house) he was beating other people up, and then he was slandered. Later on he was slapping his teen daughter and then beat up his ex wife near a fishing hole in front of a papparazzi woman, but he hasn't been slandered for that yet and that was before his sister in law got pregnant (She never slept with anyone except that boyfriend).

Actually come to think of it the poor teen daughter got falsey accused for peeing in public, which she never did so she went and sued them, the sister in law did as well and they won.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2366 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
QUESTION: can sims eat at booth, or is it just a regular chair?

I saw a picture of it at a basement bar with, but I haven't seem a sim eat at it, only sit.

^ *Still wants to know*

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#2367 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
Are you still able to see the city from map view, or does it only crash when you try to go to live mode with a sim? If it's the latter I have the same problem.

I did an autograph session at the library with one of my rock star sims, and the autographs he gave out there did not count towards the autograph count in the celebrity journal.

I've now played for an entire sim week with no gig offers for my band. I remember reading in a LN preview that getting a gig offer takes a very long time but this is ridiculous. I wonder if I actually have to make all my band members self-employed in the band career, contrary to what EA said in their blog.

It seems the welcome wagon feature may just be super rare for me, because I haven't had it again since that last post. It's the same thing with those possible scenarios that can come up when moving your sim into a home. I've only had it happen twice.

No it doesnt even load now, but when it did it wud crash at different moments i saw only a lil bit of bridgeport when it crashed.
Lab Assistant
#2368 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Even my best friend who lives in NYC agreed that it looks much more like NYC than L.A. or San Francisco. Even the screen shots above are obvious. How can they not be? Great comparison, Cereal_Killer!

sarcasm is a wonderful thing, isnt it.

im sure the los angeles bridge looks JUST like that

oh wait!
Scholar
#2369 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 5:04 AM
Dose anyone else have the problems where it takes sims HOURS to do anything? My sim leaves for work an hour before it starts..and sont actually start working untill over half way threw...well...whats the point then?
Or i send my sims out to the club and they arrive at 8...but they cant actually start doing anything club-like untill midnight...and then the club closes in 2 hours.........ssoo...might aswell just go home before they are stuck :I
I read that the pause they do for hours before actions is due to alot of CC..so i removed 30 files..and that pause is gone...but it still takes 3-4 hours to do anything fully. Rather frustrating really...
Retired
retired moderator
#2370 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 5:07 AM Last edited by kiwi_tea : 29th Oct 2010 at 6:13 AM.
Having a look at what's new in the code:
  • Did Late Night add a Stockmarket feature? Because there appears to be code for one in the game? ("Description: How long until a stock goes private as a result of non-use (SimMinute x StockUpdateTime)", etc...)
  • Paintings featuring celebrity Sims *appear* to provide a greater beautiful room buff.
  • Sims can get food poisoning from the food truck. Snobs are more likely to get food poisoning.
  • Has there always been a "Pregnancy - Male" file?
  • Sims can apparently gain "camaraderie" during bar brawls (meaning if they're not fighting each other they may become better friends?)
  • There are three different levels of ambient sounds for bars that depend on the number of Sims visiting.
  • 50% chance of a baby in a hot tub, but you risk getting Party Animals and Hydrophobic traits on the baby.
  • Alongside Vampire specific drinks there are also Simbot and Mummy specific ones, the Oil Coolada for Simbots and the Formaldehyde On The Rocks, Rehydrant (gives a "WashWorry" mood), and Dissolved Sand for Mummies.
  • Lucky is a good trait if you're a celeb, it lets you win scenarios like the Sue for Slander one more often. Loser and Unlucky are to be avoided.
  • The Asian Cocktail Lounge venue encourages Sims to skill in not only Charisma (like other bars) but also Martial Arts.
  • Sims in bands can only perform "sweet moves" after level 5.
  • Sims can be shocked if they are standing in a puddle near a hot tub when an upgrade on that hot tub fails?
  • Butlers try to start cooking 1.8 sim hours before a Sim is scheduled to wake up so that the meal is ready for breakfast.
  • NPC vampires regenerate three plasma fruit in their inventories each night.Plasma fruit better than Very Nice give a different moodlet.
  • Insane, Party Animal and Pyromaniac Sims make more flaming drinks.
  • Frugal Sims get a multiplier on their tips while bar tending.
  • Max of three food trucks per town.
  • "Amount of time in hours it takes for a snuggles wugglesworth bear to turn into a vampire after a gnome bites it"
  • The more bloodfruit plants you have in your yard, the higher the chance of spawning a vampire gnome.
  • Vampire gnomes try to move indoors 0.2 hours after sunrise hits.
  • Inappropriate Sims will fart at urinals.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Page 95 of 95