Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#7451 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 12:41 PM
I just noticed the new aesthetic that I go with, my sims all have more realistically proportioned faces with smaller eyes and squarer faces. They're actually very pretty.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#7452 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Well I did this on purpose:

Can I ask how you were able to display so many sims that way? Mine only does 6-8 (I can't remember exactly lol) and then makes another column right next to it taking up more screen space
Top Secret Researcher
#7453 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 2:51 AM
As you can see I do have two columns, the first with 13 sims and the other with 2. If yours only display 6-8 maybe it has to do with your screen size/resolution? I use 1600x900 on a widescreen monitor. Check your graphics settings.
Mad Poster
#7454 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 5:11 PM
I'm finally trying to clean my essentials folder. I didn't want to, but my game is taking too long to load even without any "extra" cc.

Well, no wonder. My cut and paste lifestyle has made for many, many many multiples of the exact same files. This make take a looooooooong time, but my computer and game will thank me for it.

Back to the coal mines.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#7455 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 8:32 PM
I can sympathize; I'm trying to clean up my Downloads folder, too. It doesn't help that, as I look up stuff to label things properly, I find more and more things to download, .

But yeah, @smorbie1, it helps to find duplicates if you name everything the same way--like all dashes vs all underscores, etc. And sometimes the HCDU can help you find multiples, too.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#7456 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 9:00 PM
The Clean Installer can help with duplicates .package files too. The files that are highlighted pink, means the item has something similar to it. You can delete files from it as well. Of course, backup your downloads folder before using.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Top Secret Researcher
#7457 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 9:07 PM
Oh I didn't know Clean Installer could find duplicates! I've been using Delphy's download organizer. But I've never removed duplicates with it. Since I discovered sometimes files get falsely flagged as duplicates I've been very paranoid about that... so for the most part I just leave them in. >.> Unless I want to delete them manually.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Alchemist
#7458 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 10:27 PM
Ooo, I'm an Inventor now! I'm pretty sure yesterday I was a Forum Resident, which I didn't like at all. I think I'll still miss being an Instructor, but at least Inventor is more distinguished than just a resident. Does any know what the forum titles & requirements are, or are they top secret? It looks like Mad Poster is the highest you can get?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#7459 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 5:30 AM
I remember the day everyone was a bunny (was that it?) for April 1st.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
#7460 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 6:00 AM
Was it bunnies? I seem to remember something about a Team Butterfly? Maybe everyone's avatar changed?

aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#7461 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Ooo, I'm an Inventor now! I'm pretty sure yesterday I was a Forum Resident, which I didn't like at all. I think I'll still miss being an Instructor, but at least Inventor is more distinguished than just a resident. Does any know what the forum titles & requirements are, or are they top secret? It looks like Mad Poster is the highest you can get?

I am pretty sure, it has to do with the number of posts. Per day, or..total since you became a member.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7462 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 6:29 AM
Butterflies or hamsters. Everyone got one or the other.
Alchemist
#7463 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 6:32 AM
Yeah, but I can't figure out when the titles changes. Sometimes I post from my phone so I don't even see avatars and titles. But thanks! (And good to see you posting, btw, Rosebine! I was wondering if you were alright for sometime.)

aka Kelyns | she/her
Alchemist
#7464 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Oh I didn't know Clean Installer could find duplicates! I've been using Delphy's download organizer. But I've never removed duplicates with it. Since I discovered sometimes files get falsely flagged as duplicates I've been very paranoid about that... so for the most part I just leave them in. >.> Unless I want to delete them manually.

Duplicate file finder is good, too. It can check byte for byte, which is sometimes needed. I end up with lots of duplicates if I'm not careful, too.

Me, too. I preferred instructor. Probably because I really am a teacher through and through. It would be nice if we could pick and stick from past titles.
Mad Poster
#7465 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 1:15 PM
I was a scholar once, and then I got bounced back down. Now I'm a lowly mad poster.

For finding duplicates, I usually use the Download Organizer which has had some hiccups with my Win 7 in the past. When it doesn't work properly I use another exterior program, but I have to be very careful to point it to the exact files I want to check or otherwise my entire drive will be wiped out. That's a real problem when it happens...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7466 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 1:50 PM
I've been an alchemist for a while now, I think every time I get close to moving on up to whatever is next when I hit 3,500-4,000 posts, a huge thread ends up getting deleted in the Off-topic section and I'm all the way back down 1,000 posts or so. I feel like I've been stuck at just below 3,000 posts for about two years.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#7467 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 3:42 PM
I've been a mad poster for about 30 years now. It's either a really big category or I've topped out because I'm largely useless to the community. It's okay. I've made my peace with it. I try to offer what little help I can and just be a good cheerleader.

On the other hand.....I finished cleaning out my essential folders, so I'm off to the downloads section to shop!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#7468 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 4:27 PM
Does any know what the forum titles & requirements are, or are they top secret? It looks like Mad Poster is the highest you can get?

I researched it a bit... and it's mostly like the Science career for the Sims 1 and 2

The two lowest are Test Subject and Lab Assistant, just like the Science career, at least between 65-88 posts you can be both somehow? At least up until 207 you are a Lab Assistant. Afterward you become a:
Field Researcher, with at least 294-399 posts
Instructor (490-619), is the Science Teacher in the career
Forum Resident (634-700), the Project Leader in the career
Inventor (884)
Scholar (931-1,561)
Top Secret Researcher (1,570-1,993)
Theorist (2,099-2,213)
Alchemist (2,529-2,962), the Mad Scientist of the career
and (finally?) Mad Poster (3,105-8,301). There are some moderators and ex-moderators with 20,000+ posts and different titels, but that may just be their personal one.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7469 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TychoH
There are some moderators and ex-moderators with 20,000+ posts and different titels, but that may just be their personal one.

Yes, I have more than 20k posts, but my non-custom title is just 'retired moderator' so I use a custom title instead (you can get that if you donate).

You forgot Space Pony in your list- that one only exists for about 5 posts, so as soon as someone notices and makes a post saying 'I'm a space pony!', it vanishes.
Scholar
#7470 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 5:03 PM
Does anyone else think sims 2 online could be a good idea?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#7471 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234

Maybe if all neighborhoods would be hosted on a multiplayer server, like Minecraft is, sure!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7472 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234

No. One of the great things about Sims 2 is that it is offline. Those of us who can't get high speed internet or always-on internet can play.

If I had a buck for every time my phone (landline) or internet (DSL) went down this last month, I'd have about fifty bucks, and the month isn't over yet!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#7473 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 5:38 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if you did get paid every time your tech went down? I bet we'd get a lot better service with that policy.

All ideas can be good. Execution is everything; and nothing has to please everyone to be good. Good ideas are a dime a dozen. That's the easy part.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7474 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Wouldn't it be nice if you did get paid every time your tech went down? I bet we'd get a lot better service with that policy.

All ideas can be good. Execution is everything; and nothing has to please everyone to be good. Good ideas are a dime a dozen. That's the easy part.

It would be lovely, but there are only a dozen of us up at this end of the line: they'd just decline to provide service or pay up, whichever worked better. The only reason we have electricity is the Rural Electrification Act.

The Natural Gas company here wanted to put in a pipe: they asked for $26,000 per house to install it, after which we would have to pay for gas every month. We could buy twenty years of propane tank refills (1500 gal, two tanks) at today's prices for just the installation price. The neighbors on wood heat laughed even harder than we did.

And now you understand just why Widespot RFD makes me so happy. Except their mailman can read numbers and always delivers the mail to the right house. Too bad the USPS can't hire sim mailmen!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#7475 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 10:31 PM
I feel like a sim... Too tired to eat, too hungry to sleep.
This damn flu...

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Page 299 of 514