12 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#17076 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 12:35 AM
Does anybody even use that Instant meal" option to feed their Sims?

Because I don't think I've ever touched that one...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#17077 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Does anybody even use that Instant meal" option to feed their Sims?

Because I don't think I've ever touched that one...

Yeah, when they don't have any cooking skill.
Theorist
#17078 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Yeah, when they don't have any cooking skill.

But even then, aren't Mac and Cheese, Lunch Meat Sandwiches and Cereal better at fulfilling the Hunger need? Plus preparing those meals works towards improving the cooking skill.

Field Researcher
#17079 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 12:47 AM
I'm assuming you tried Force Error/ Delete type things? Weird idea and backup and all that, but I removed a borked sim from my hood by making him a downtownie when I don't have a downtown. You might be able to change the family instance to something that your hood isn't using, just to remove him from play.

Yes, I tried forcing errors (no result), I tried making him selectable so I could see his plumb-bob and then deleting him (he can't be picked up with the hand or clicked on or interacted with in any way), and I tried killing him with the batbox (no result).

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If you don't want to kill him, move him to a lot on the edge of the map and toss in a simlogical prison disk, effectively keeping him under house arrest.

Maybe this is the way to go, since killing him seems to be actually impossible. I could also maybe delete relationships people have with him in SimPE so they don't try to call him or anything? Is that a good idea?
Alchemist
#17080 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 12:48 AM
But even then, aren't Mac and Cheese, Lunch Meat Sandwiches and Cereal better at fulfilling the Hunger need? Plus preparing those meals works towards improving the cooking skill.

I'm not sure, I may just not have been building skills right then. I just remember sometimes that being the only choice, I think. Isn't it autonomous, too?
Theorist
#17081 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 12:55 AM
I'm not sure, I may just not have been building skills right then. I just remember sometimes that being the only choice, I think. Isn't it autonomous, too?

I think it's the only choice if you don't have a palace to prepare food (even the cereal requires you to have a kitchen counter were Sims can pour the milk), oven, or microwave.

Field Researcher
#17082 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 1:14 AM
Oooh, I just found a useful thread that describes a problem that seems to match the one I'm having. http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...333#post5151333

(When I looked in SimPE this townie, Greg, as well as 3 others have "no character data")

Chris Hatch advised this other user to recreate the sims in question in order to replace their character files.

I do have some fairly recent backups and so I'm kind of curious what will happen if I copy an older version of Greg's character file into my current neighborhood. It's a different, slightly larger file-size than the current version so maybe it has the info that got deleted.

Anyway, I think I'll back up my neighborhood and give it a shot. Nothing to lose, eh?
Alchemist
#17083 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 1:20 AM
I think [Iinstant Meal] the only choice if you don't have a palace to prepare food (even the cereal requires you to have a kitchen counter were Sims can pour the milk), oven, or microwave.

That's probably it, then. I have some camping sims who don't have anything like that.

Question: What is it in the routing that makes some sims walk into a community lot and walk straight behind the counter. In some lots, I can block in the bartender or whoever back there, but in one, I can't. because the all-in-one-dishwasher guy needs to come out to clean. I guess I could put the dw somewhere else, but that looks silly. Any other ways to fix it? Something with the routing that makes them head straight there?
Scholar
#17084 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 1:32 AM
I can't decide whether I want to use Default Replacement hair or not, does anyone else go through this?

One minute I'm totally into it and then the next I'm not. I don't know why I can't decide, I guess it's because I'm so used to seeing the Maxis stuff. Hopefully someone else is like me, LOL.
Alchemist
#17085 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
I can't decide whether I want to use Default Replacement hair or not, does anyone else go through this?

One minute I'm totally into it and then the next I'm not. I don't know why I can't decide, I guess it's because I'm so used to seeing the Maxis stuff. Hopefully someone else is like me, LOL.

I have default commitment fear, too And also, an irrational emotional attachment to this stuff I've enjoyed so long. Took me daaaaaaaaaaaays to do anything with my skins. And I only want Maxis-match stuff. My game has that look, I want everything to fit. I have replaced a few hairs that I never, ever use, like... seriously, how many diver's helmets do I need? Exactly zero. So those are replaced. Maybe start there?
Scholar
#17086 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 1:51 AM
I found it easier to get default skin than getting default hair! :P

I found a beautiful skin that looks soft and pretty, I consider it Maxis-Match. It's called "Overmyhead" S1 to S4 plus Zombie & Alien by Dreadpirate although for the other Supernaturals skins I have Lilith's Marigold for Vampire & Werewolf, vinesonly overlay for Plantsims & no Witch overlay. Then I found beautiful soft textured hairstyles by Peppermint&Ginger and a lot of other creators since I preferred different defaults for various hairstyles. I can't just have one default replacement hair and the rest Maxis, that would annoy me so bad. Same with extreme texture differences (shiny vs matte)...

I'm testing out the default hairstyles I have. Ginger & Tara have these. So soft and pretty, I don't know why I'm holding back so much!
Mad Poster
#17087 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 2:56 AM
That's probably it, then. I have some camping sims who don't have anything like that.

Question: What is it in the routing that makes some sims walk into a community lot and walk straight behind the counter. In some lots, I can block in the bartender or whoever back there, but in one, I can't. because the all-in-one-dishwasher guy needs to come out to clean. I guess I could put the dw somewhere else, but that looks silly. Any other ways to fix it? Something with the routing that makes them head straight there?

Is this the "What's This?" thing? They head for the last thing placed on the lot, a bit of code put in to keep them from zoning out and blocking the portal. If that's what's going on, you can fix it by editing the lot so that something in a more convenient location attracts their attention. There's also a mod to disable that bit of code, though I couldn't tell you whose off the top of my head. Somebody'll know.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#17088 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 2:58 AM
"nowhatsthis" by Pescado will stop the "What's This?"
Mad Poster
#17089 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5

For me, it's more along the lines of "but what if I want to use this someday?" even for the really ridiculous Maxis things.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#17090 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 3:09 AM
I started default replacing stuff about a year ago, and hair is the one thing I replace least, so far I've only replaced the most hideous maxis hairs, those I didn't use at all.

Scholar
#17091 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 3:13 AM
So far, I've only defaulted clothing, skin and eyes. I have got my default hair in my game right now but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it (as usual). I'm so used to seeing the pre-made Sims with how they were originally, once I add CC to them I'm like "who even is this!?" LOL. I backed up my game before adding the hair just in case I change my mind.. AGAIN. :P
Alchemist
#17092 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Is this the "What's This?" thing? They head for the last thing placed on the lot, a bit of code put in to keep them from zoning out and blocking the portal. If that's what's going on, you can fix it by editing the lot so that something in a more convenient location attracts their attention. There's also a mod to disable that bit of code, though I couldn't tell you whose off the top of my head. Somebody'll know.

I'll follow up on this theory. I don't know if that's it because it's not usually the playable sim who does it, just another visitor. They walk back there and just stand looking really dumb. I'll check the nowhatisthis thing, too, thank you both.

Defaults - Me, too, I don't recognize my sims if I change their hair or, sometimes, even their clothes, partly because I'm playing on a laptop, but... yeah. That's why I've just replaced all the divers' helmets and stuff I wasn't using to give me more variety, not take away what I had.
Mad Poster
#17093 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 8:35 AM
Wanting to be able to tell my sims apart even at a distance, even with the same hairstyle, even with similar clothing, is the motivating factor behind my reputation for "ugly" sims. Extreme features are easy to get used to, and easy to distinguish.

Until, y'know, that one guy's 10 kids grow up...

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#17094 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Wanting to be able to tell my sims apart even at a distance, even with the same hairstyle, even with similar clothing, is the motivating factor behind my reputation for "ugly" sims. Extreme features are easy to get used to, and easy to distinguish.

Until, y'know, that one guy's 10 kids grow up...

Yes, yours are easy. I also "color code" them. I don't think Darren Dreamer has ever worn anything but baby blue. And, if I have twins, forever after, one will be in red and the other green or whatever.
Instructor
#17095 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 4:36 PM
do I need to replace the hoods on C drive for empty hoods or can I just delete all of it(to get rid of the townies and characters) ?

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Instructor
#17096 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amora_selvagen
do I need to replace the hoods on C drive for empty hoods or can I just delete all of it(to get rid of the townies and characters) ?
Not necessarily delete them (you can also add them to a .zip folder or copy/paste somewhere else) but definitely don't replace them, otherwise you might end up with a corrupted neighborhood (some data from the default hood and other from the new one is not a great idea)
Scholar
#17097 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 5:59 PM
Can anybody explain why some of my 'fired' Sims are being demoted to a Level 1 job, rather than actually being fired? Phineus Furley was properly fired, but others are just getting the demotion - and if they were already in a Level 1 job, they stay there and just lose the day's pay. It doesn't bother me, since most chance card firings are ridiculous anyway, but I'm just curious. I can't think of any mod I've added that would do it (or even of any mod I added shortly before it started).
Scholar
#17098 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 6:53 PM
Why do Sims that have graduated college get a duplicate memory of graduating if they move out of a house and into a new one (family members also get the memory)? It's incredibly annoying and messes the memories up.. Is there a way to stop this or do I have to painstakingly put up with it? LOL.
Mad Poster
#17099 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 7:33 PM
I've never seen this. Is this vanilla Univesity or College in the Main Hood?

BlueAlien, I think one of the later EPs changed the code so that "firing" often translated into "demotion" instead. I don't know if it's a random chance or based on something. I know I'm glad of it when one of my elders picks "wrong" on a chance card one level away from an LTW. (I know I could mod it so that elders can get full-time jobs, but I just haven't gotten around to it.)

Scholar
#17100 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 7:39 PM Last edited by Fyren5 : 24th Jan 2019 at 10:27 PM.
Both. It happened on my old save back in 2016 using only the vanilla University, except it only showed up when Sims moved out of a home after recently graduating and moving back home (if that made sense? They move back home from Uni & move again to a new house). It's now happening using Squinge's College Pack.. I know that if you upgrade Sims pre-uni with batbox, this might happen but I'm not sure why it's happening to Sims that actually went to University & graduated without the use of the batbox's pre-uni..

Edit: Here's the annoying duplicate graduation memories is in pictures:

Page 684 of 1339