Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 12:44 PM
HMMM How much is a simoleon worth?
I was curious how much a simoleon was worth because the price of an apple is worth 6 simoleons which sounds expensive and normal apples cost 35p to 65p so I'll do it as 50p for an apple.

so that means 50p = 6simoleons
£1 = 12 simoleons

but a sim Onion costs 11simoleons and a 3pack of onions from tescos is 75p so 25p for an onion
which means 25p = 11simoleons
£1 = 44simoleons

Ok i give up sim logic is too complicated onions and apples are just a bad example for conversion

uh ill try chicken

so a whole chicken is around £3 from leading supermarkets so a sim chicken is worth uh thirty simoleons
so £3 = 30 simoleons
so £1 = 10 simoleons

thats close to the apple conversion I guess but WAY off the onion conversion

lets try links?

a price of links in sims 3 is 8 simoleons there six of them in the image of the links
so average price of "links" which are just hot dogs are around £2
£2=8simoleons
£1=4simoleons thats the smallest one so far.

I think its difficult to convert simoleons into real money as the prices range of products in game range so much but the most £1 is worth is 44simoleons and the least a £1 is worth is 4 simoleons.

Sometimes I feel like one of the unborn Ottomas twins.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 12:52 PM
this worries me.there is no point in this,you've practically wasted time on confusing yourself.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
dodgy builder
#3 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 2:27 PM
Ok, consider yourself on an Island where they use bubblegum as currency, then some day a boat arrives with tons of genuin currency. What currency do you think you will use from then on? Let me make it easier for you. You will start chewing bubblegum and stop using it as currency. Then you will know what the price of an apple is, because you have to pay for it. Until that happens, you will only have to worry about how much bubblegum your nabour will give you for the apple, and you can't choose to sell it to the mainland, because you don't know it exists. The moment you know there is a mainland, you won't use bubblegum as currency anymore.

Get it?

Edit: this is a true story on a knife edge. It's taken from an island in the Pacific ocean where they used pearl necklaces and other gifts as currency. When the mainland currency came to the island the idea of using gifts as currency vanished along side the lovely unspoiled culture.

I'm not sure I believe the idea of a totally unspoiled world, it's just not in human nature to be that pure. The socialanthropologists making the reports obviously thought it was, but they also prefer fighting culture with loss of lives on Guinea, because it's their culture.
Site Helper
#4 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 3:16 PM
The economy in the Sims has the same relationship to the real world as "Let's go down 3 flights of stairs, around the house, up 3 flights of stairs, across a catwalk and through the balcony door" does with "lets go to the room down the hall."

You know the economy is going to be weird when you can make a living by collecting precious metals and gems that are just lying around on the ground waiting to be picked up.

(Don't forget that you can build "affordable" houses in the Sims that in the real world would have price tags somewhere around 250,000,000)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
The economy in the Sims has the same relationship to the real world as "Let's go down 3 flights of stairs, around the house, up 3 flights of stairs, across a catwalk and through the balcony door" does with "lets go to the room down the hall."

You know the economy is going to be weird when you can make a living by collecting precious metals and gems that are just lying around on the ground waiting to be picked up.

(Don't forget that you can build "affordable" houses in the Sims that in the real world would have price tags somewhere around 250,000,000)

Tru sims can make live off collecting rocks on the ground sims have a much easier life than us when it comes yo earning money not to mention they dont need degrees or special training.

affordable housing is a myth

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
this worries me.there is no point in this,you've practically wasted time on confusing yourself.

hahahaha and you just wasted your time replying on me confusing myself
so worry about yourself!

Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 4:43 PM
I don't want to live in a world where pizza is €35 and goes bad after 8 hours.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#8 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 5:57 PM
A simolean is worth what the game designers thought would give the game "balanced" prices versus what a sim makes in their job (keeping in mind that the game was designed in the US). When you get down to it, look at the prices for some of the lowest level house furnishing- the classic is a trash can- versus the starting salaries of jobs. A cheap trash can costs roughly the same as an hour's worth of pay and that is way out of line with real-life. At the same time, that price fits so that a new family can get a small (1 or 2 bedroom) house with the lowest level furniture out of their starting funds.

Food is a little more complicated because ingredients usually scale with what meals they can make. A meal that is less filling is cheaper to make (in general).

Of course, this all gets jumbled up when you start adding in expansions- or worse combining the expansion packs. Looking at you, tiberium- which can be run through the Supernatural gem cutting machine to get one spire plus one or two powders (that will grow into large spires as well).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion

i thought that was called dominos

Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 7:08 PM
Obviously, the Sim economy is highly simplified. Very few people will buy a house or a car without financing. And there's no financing, so those prices must be proportionate to wages. And wages cannot be raised to compensate for real estate being full price, because that would mean everything would be ludicriously cheap in comparison.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 5:06 AM

BUT you spend two weeks as a teenager, so 14 days = 7 years (13-20), so each Sim day = 6 months real life, and 8 sim hours = 2 real months. Pizza lasts a long time!
What I want to know is why a "bare wall" showing the studs costs more than a plastered painted wall.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 6:37 AM
Sounds more like he's trying to buy one to me but balking at the property value.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
BUT you spend two weeks as a teenager, so 14 days = 7 years (13-20), so each Sim day = 6 months real life, and 8 sim hours = 2 real months. Pizza lasts a long time!

Assuming aging is turned on. The aging thing would certainly explain them there economic issues.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 12:52 PM
....what am i reading
Mad Poster
#16 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 1:44 PM
Okay different question. In a world where the minimum price for anything is §1, how much does a Sim pay to use a phone booth? I'd say a quarter, but they're legally obliged to use it 4 times as long as in other countries.

insert signature here
Scholar
#17 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 2:22 PM
Okay different question. In a world where the minimum price for anything is §1, how much does a Sim pay to use a phone booth? I'd say a quarter, but they're legally obliged to use it 4 times as long as in other countries.

Well in Sims the phone booths just teleport you to other phone booths or take you to the future for free .

I think the main thing is that Sims games have waay too many resources. There's no food shortage or poverty. You can easily find expensive collectibles. Getting a job is also very easy. It's almost impossible to be poor in Sims.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Mad Poster
#18 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 2:23 PM
....Mine don't do that. Where'd you get yours?

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#19 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 2:49 PM
You guys are confusing SN's LLAMA transport booths with actual (but really only decor) CC phone booths. Or are there landline sim phones that look like phone booths out there? If the phone booths were functional, sims should need to purchase prepaid minutes cards and be billed for re-ups and overages when the twice weekly bills arrive in the mail, or something like that, so one single call could conceivably cost less than §1.

What I don't understand is all the serious (?) economic discussions in a game where the standard currency grows on trees, in little convenient to carry bags no less. By all accounts there should be rampant hyperinflation, the constant need to re-value the Simoleon and keep moving the decimal point back (or is it forward?), panic in the streets, and riots at the grocery store when one's paycheck isn't worth anything by the time one gets there.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 2:51 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 26th Aug 2018 at 3:23 PM.
Oh those things. Yeah I've seen those, they're not phone booths. They're a Doctor Who sort of reference, I think. I'm talking about the variety that you can use to travel to a room full of epic, mellow guitar chords and a council of very excellent dudes in sunglasses. The future will never be what it once was without two teenagers, a man in a trenchcoat, and a phone booth.

insert signature here
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#21 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 10:16 PM

Wouldn't a pizza irl actually go bad in less than 8 hours? My pizza I had once got stale and nasty after I left it on the table for a few hours...I could have actually just re-heated it up and the state of it would have gone back to good...

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Mad Poster
#22 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 10:18 PM
No I always finish mine a day after. Sometimes two though it tends to be a bit dry by then.

insert signature here
Trainee Moderator
#23 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 10:21 PM
No I always finish mine a day after. Sometimes two though it tends to be a bit dry by then.

Hmm, I guess fresh pizzas can go off quicker rather than the frozen ones, if I don't forget to put the leftovers of the pizza in the fridge the pizza will more or less be alright at least

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Mad Poster
#24 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 10:28 PM
Well if we're talking about fresh pizzas, yeah I put those in the fridge. But the Dominoes ones I get are good for two days if you just leave them lying around on the floor like the highly disciplined, structured, neat freak you are.

insert signature here
Trainee Moderator
#25 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 10:34 PM
Well if we're talking about fresh pizzas, yeah I put those in the fridge. But the Dominoes ones I get are good for two days if you just leave them lying around on the floor like the highly disciplined, structured, neat freak you are.

If I leave my pizzas on the floor, in an instant they're in my dog's tummy.

Page 1 of 2