Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 3:38 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Film screen over game
My computer specs are
Acer Aspire TC-780A
Intel Core i5-7400 CPU 3.00GHz
RAM 8GB
Window10
Nothing special I changed the Graphic Card to NVDIA GEForce GTX 1050

During a build on a family lot. With some old build objects that I finally got around to using. Halfway through the build, the black squares showed up.

It then went across the screen only at the bottom.

I'm playing in window mode so I switch screens to see if that was happening on other screens.

It's not.

So I left the lot and went into neighborhood view and this what I saw.

I closed the game and deleted the cache, thumbs, and neighborhood manager. I did a neighborhood check using Hoodchecker. Cleaned up somethings just the usual stuff. When I went back into the game the neighborhood screen was fine. Went to the same family lot. It was fine for a while but the squares reappeared. I kept playing thinking it would crash never did. I'm hoping someone can tell me what this could be. Should I reinstall?
Thanks for the help in advance.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 12:13 PM
That's not the game causing the issue - it's almost certainly something in your system, possibly your graphics card. Have you edited your graphic rules file to recognise your card and applied the 4GB patch?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 4:17 AM
Hi Maxon,
I corrected the 4GB patch just before this started. I was having some pink flashing and checked that because someone from a forum I'm part of said to check that it was still working. I had to the copy and past the exe file in the csbin folder,
I just rechecked it and it is still correct. Could it be the RAM? I only have 8GB. Yes, the graphics rules have been corrected by me. I used a tutorial that I found online.

Thanks for helping!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 5:03 AM
More likely to be graphics card or power supply.

Have you done the graphic rules to be sure it's using your card? I would check that again.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 2:33 PM
Are you using an Nvidia graphics card? I used to have this problem too and for me changing the resolution and changing it back again or disabling smooth edges and enabling them again helped. Also try updating your graphics drivers.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 6:14 PM
Jo, I did check it. The card is in the list. No Jinola, I was afraid to update the drivers. So you think that would be a good idea?
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 12:00 PM
Yes, you should always keep your drivers up to date. For me the problem was fixed after a driver update. There's an official Nvidia program called GeForce Experience which notifies you when there are driver updates and installs them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 5:10 AM
Ok, I'll do that! Thank You! I went back to the beginning to start over and checked the standby allocation. I had almost none while the game was running. I did a fix following a video that was done by Jessa on the Jessa Channel. I did that today. I'll also update drivers. I appreciate all who helped in coming up with ways to fix my problem! Thank You!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 6:02 AM
I would do a restore point before updating graphic drivers, because no it isn't always the best thing. AMD literally broke DirectX 9 games with one of their updates. Sometimes old games do not take kindly to all the latest updates.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 2:34 PM Last edited by motheringthesims : 12th Nov 2018 at 2:15 AM.
Hi, I've been working on the suggestions given here. I didn't see your post, Jo until now. What I have done is added more RAM just 8GB, so I now have 16GB. I haven't seen the above issue in a while but the pink flash has come back with a vengeance. I rolled back the drivers to the previous version. If I know what I know now I would not have gotten the NVidia card. Don't know what to do now.