Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 10:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Lots disappear upon installing hood backup; adjusted roads revert back to standard
I have a neighborhood that I've been working on lately. I made it as a main hood, but planned on making it a suburb. I therefore followed Mootilda's procedure explained here from the start. When I was finished creating it, I made a backup before I used the "changeneighborhood type suburb" cheat, just in case. Turning it into a subhood did not work out, as all the lots disappeared. Also the roads, which I had changed with HoodReplacer, had gone back to how they were laid out before. I therefore decided to revert to the backup and use the neighborhood as a main hood instead. However, that did not turn out well either. When I open the backup, the exact same thing happens. I have experienced disappearing lots before and attributed it to corrupted families. However, there were no families in this neighborhood at all - and due to the subhood procedure there is only a limited number of NPCs as well. When I open the neighborhood in the neighborhood folder, there is a whole bunch of lots in the Lots folder like it should.

As a result, I'm a bit lost now as to what I might try. I don't know if there are that many who have used this procedure, but any suggestions about what I could try would be very welcome. I've spent a great amount of time creating this neighborhood, so I'm not willing to give up on it just yet :/