Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 8:37 PM
Default Accessory Phones?
Hi everyone,

I've recently downloaded the phone animation/pose box and it works fine on my game. However, what I'm missing are accessory phones (as shown in the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_...&v=PVA2bbS-fAs). Does anyone know where I can find some?

Thank you,

-Emily
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 9:14 PM
Maybe if you get a default replacement phone of your choice and then use the posebox while they have it out?

Sorry if I'm no help
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by purplestuddedcoffin
Maybe if you get a default replacement phone of your choice and then use the posebox while they have it out?

Sorry if I'm no help

I don't know if that'll be possible as they are both separate actions/commands for the sims. I just remembered that I do have a decorative iPhone on buy mode, so I'll try that.

Thanks anyway though
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by keani
I don't know if that'll be possible as they are both separate actions/commands for the sims. I just remembered that I do have a decorative iPhone on buy mode, so I'll try that.

Thanks anyway though

Ooh I see, that sucks.

Good luck!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 1:16 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 14th Jan 2019 at 7:19 PM. Reason: found something for wrong game
It appears from the video that deco phones are required to use as props, not default replacements for the phone in the game. At least one of the prop phones used in the video is by somebody called "Cassandra". I'm not familiar with this creator.

A comment on the video also asked where the movie maker got the prop phones, Unfortunately the reply was "I got them from my friend! I can't remember, I will ask her later and put a link for it." Evidently they forgot since I wasn't able to find any such link either on the YouTube page for the video or on the movie maker's own website.

I'm having a hard time finding decorative smartphones. All the ones I've been able to find so far are default replacements for the in-game cell phone except for an old decorative i-Phone by Fresh Prince, (which you probably already have) which is only for Sims 3 - sorry for not noticing that. Maybe you should make another WCIF thread looking for decorative smartphones.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 2:41 AM
Hi The phone by Cassendre is included in this download..under Custom content included. Scroll down...The link seems dead, but it is included...
http://modthesims.info/d/394928/the-cyprus.html

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 6:09 AM
There's a lot of stuff in that file by Cassandre, but the only phone I see listed is a wall phone. (Go to the download tab and click on the magnifying glass to see exactly what's included.)

Cassandre was apparently affiliated with Black Pearl Sims. That site is gone now. Her stuff might have been put in the graveyard, but the graveyard is still down.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
It appears from the video that deco phones are required to use as props, not default replacements for the phone in the game. At least one of the prop phones used in the video is by somebody called "Cassandra". I'm not familiar with this creator.

A comment on the video also asked where the movie maker got the prop phones, Unfortunately the reply was "I got them from my friend! I can't remember, I will ask her later and put a link for it." Evidently they forgot since I wasn't able to find any such link either on the YouTube page for the video or on the movie maker's own website.

I'm having a hard time finding decorative smartphones. All the ones I've been able to find so far are default replacements for the in-game cell phone except for an old decorative i-Phone by Fresh Prince (which you probably already have). Maybe you should make another WCIF thread looking for decorative smartphones.

Ah yes, I know Cassandra and do have her iPhone decor. I was just wondering if there were any more I could download. I do know of the iPhone by Fresh Prince, but unfortunately that's only for Sims 3 :/
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by keani
I do know of the iPhone by Fresh Prince, but unfortunately that's only for Sims 3 :/

I don't know why I didn't see that. Very sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I don't know why I didn't see that. Very sorry.

It's cool, don't worry
Forum Resident
#11 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 1:05 AM
Strawberrikhunnie has accessory phone, they also have posebox to go with it if those are your thing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
Strawberrikhunnie has accessory phone, they also have posebox to go with it if those are your thing.

Many thanks, but unfortunately it won't install on Clean Installer as it says there's an error in the file
Forum Resident
#13 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 5:51 PM
You don't need Clean Installer to install it, just extract the .rar with for example 7zip (it's free) and place the files in your downloads folder. If the file name is giving you problems you can change it (sometimes things with foreign letters act oddly on some machines, I know I've struggled with Chinese files for example in the past) just right click and rename for example to just "[sk]" then try extracting again
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
You don't need Clean Installer to install it, just extract the .rar with for example 7zip (it's free) and place the files in your downloads folder. If the file name is giving you problems you can change it (sometimes things with foreign letters act oddly on some machines, I know I've struggled with Chinese files for example in the past) just right click and rename for example to just "[sk]" then try extracting again

I've got it now! Thank you!