Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#251 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rothn
I just made my 2nd ingame animation! btw, the tool works fine.\

Note to self: perfect your animation skills so you can make a awesome demo anim

What are you using for the instance on your animation when importing it into a package?

It looks like the fnv64 hash is derived from the animation name, except for the first digit.This appears to be changed to a 4, 6 or 8. ?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#252 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 7:49 PM
Hi, I've been trying to use this, it seems really good except it keeps not responding, what can I do about this?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#253 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 11:35 PM
I just use the fnv64 hash.

Charlie, what version of windows do you have? Do you have the granny2.dll from the Crowd Scene Demo in your TS3 Animator directory?

P.S. I will soon come out with a new animation exporter subsystem.

Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue. - Windows XP Setup
Hey! It compiles! Ship it! - Microsoft
Love is Hate. War is Peace. Windows is stable. - 1984 (sort of)
Test Subject
#254 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 11:13 PM Last edited by Nyuuki : 8th Apr 2011 at 11:25 PM.
Well, after spending a day's worth of breaking my neck over the issue.. I think I need help.

Somehow I can't get Blender to "recognize" the correct plug-in, or at least, it won't show up in the list for me to check it.. any suggestions?

edit: Python, however, does recognize the file.

I have version 3.2 for Python and 2.5 Beta for Blender.

Kittycattylion /writer of the Tea legacy at thesims3.com
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#255 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 8:30 AM
There is a thread here: http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=531.0 about the naming conventions and hashing algorithm for CLIPs. I would welcome anyone else's view on it in that thread.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#256 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 6:07 AM
Hi, I just want you guys to know that I really am still working on TS3 Animator. I haven't checked in for a while, as there seems to be nothing to say.

Forum Resident
#257 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 6:04 PM
Two questions:

Can you fix it so canceling an open dialog doesn't show an error message?

Are you bald yet?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#258 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 8:15 PM
As far as the first thing, that isn't exactly a high priority, and I already archived my source code for the current version of TS3 Animator, so it would be extremely inconvenient to fix the cancel issue. The new TS3 Animator is coming out, and I highly suggest that you wait for it. If you don't want to, just use ILDasm and ILAsm to fix the issue. That's what I'd do, as to do a complete rebuild of TS3 Animator would involve me downloading it from Google Docs in my Google Apps account (basically, my form of long-term storage).

Test Subject
#259 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 9:06 PM
Will the new version be ready for a full release, with all that comes with it?
Or we are still far away?

I'm asking because ts3 animator is the only thing I'm awaiting for before resuming playing ts3\making custom content and studying Blender for animations.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#260 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 2:30 AM
TS3 Animator is a bit away, but not that far. I am doing a total redesign based on what I have learned by examining the TS3 binaries, including how to call up their own engine to preview content.

On another (more important) note, I am taking a poll: Mac or Windows (yes, I can do either now)

#261 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 9:11 AM
Why not both?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#262 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 1:01 AM
I would have thought this was obvious, but if you want to seriously limit the usefulness of your tool then switch to mac, otherwise windows or both.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#263 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 5:08 AM Last edited by rothn : 20th Apr 2011 at 12:23 AM.
I'll stick with Windows; Inge, if you (and only you, nobody else) wants to maintain the source for Mac, be my guest, but keep the source private!!!

Now for the important part:
It would really help me if somebody were to make Sims 3 objects that use the same riggings as sims (auRig, cuRig, puRig, tuRig, euRig, buRig) for each gender. The meshes that go with these objects would need to be in what you call the MLOD format, preferably of the sims in their "Naked" state. Also, don't bother creating OBJDs, but make sure that there is an OBJK for each sim type. Just FYI, this is for the visual preview dialog in the Animation Creation tab and the Jazz Editor tab.

TS3 Animator 3 is coming in a bit of time... Meanwhile, please enjoy the previous (slightly broken) version.

Lab Assistant
#264 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 1:27 AM
Has anyone uploaded some custom animations they've made with this yet?
I couldn't seem to find any, but then again, I had to use Google instead of the site search to find this thread at all for some reason.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#265 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 12:47 AM
Would it be if TS3 Animator 3 were to only be able to EXPORT animations? That would be a LOT easier. The de facto format would be collada, and then TS3 Animator would convert that to .clip. After that, events and IK chains could be added. Does anybody have a major problem with that.

Note:
Blender supports REAL animation, so one shouldn't need to import animations from TS3, especially when I get around to explaining to you how the info "bones" can be used.

#266 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 12:17 PM
I can't help thinking it might be more appreciated if it could import working game animations as well.

Lab Assistant
#267 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 4:41 PM
I agree that importing animations would be useful to be able to extract animations that correspond with objects, such as sitting or working at a counter, for example.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#268 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 4:57 AM
It would really help me if somebody were to make Sims 3 objects that use the same riggings as sims (auRig, cuRig, puRig, tuRig, euRig, buRig) for each gender. The meshes that go with these objects would need to be in what you call the MLOD format, preferably of the sims in their "Naked" state. Also, don't bother creating OBJDs, but make sure that there is an OBJK for each sim type. Just FYI, this is for the visual preview dialog in the Animation Creation tab and the Jazz Editor tab.
HINT HINT

Forum Resident
#269 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 3:24 AM
I didn't see any tuRig, euRig, or buRig in fullbuild0. Where are they?
Are you talking about something like am_body_4_anim.ms3d, but
for blender instead of milkshape?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#270 Old 5th May 2011 at 2:37 AM
They are there. Save them to a file with Sims3.CSHost.ResourceMgr.GetResource() or something like that.

Field Researcher
#271 Old 8th May 2011 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rothn
HINT HINT

I'm not sure if this is what you meant... I couldn't find a couple of those rigs that you mentioned. The ones I was able to get was au, pu, and cu. I'll try and look for the rest later. I'm not sure what you meant by the line of code, if that's suppose to go for the script or what. Hopefully this is somewhat what you're looking for. I'll do some more work on them tomorrow.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Odistant_TeddyBearSimRigs.zip (1.13 MB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#272 Old 10th May 2011 at 3:26 AM
If there's one thing I'd like to see in-game, that would be:
Sims opening doors (for realism)
Skirts, hair, and clothes would like, react to the wind (again for realism and not to be a pervert mind you! Is there even a wind at this game?!)

And too many to mention! :-)
Eminence Grise
#273 Old 10th May 2011 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hunter Jin
Is there even a wind at this game?!

Yes -- the trees and plants react to wind. But they're made with a third-party tool (SpeedTree), so I wouldn't imagine any of that could carry over to other objects.

Hair and fabric should of course react to gravity too... like if a sim is leaning over, or lying down. But I don't think object-by-object handmade animations, such are being discussed here, is the solution to any of that For that, you need a physics engine.
Test Subject
#274 Old 20th May 2011 at 12:21 PM
Given up?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#275 Old 22nd May 2011 at 12:57 AM
This is taking too long. I might just make another quick release. Do you want to wait for the next iteration of TS3 Animator?

Page 11 of 17