Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 6:57 PM Last edited by Chiklia : 24th Jul 2015 at 12:22 AM.
Default SOLVED: Texture bleeds through (StandardMaterial) or goes invisible (SimStandardMaterial)...?

I'm trying to create a new hairstyle and I'm almost done, but something's wrong with material.

That's how it works with default SimStandardMaterial:

That's how it works with StandardMaterial:

I'd like to know how to fix that. I suppose it has something to do with either "Opacity"

or TXMT properties.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Download .package files
It has 5 subsets and all necessary textures are linked properly.

UPD: I've tried to change "Opacity" for different subsets in Milkshape Comments. The order of bleeding subsets is different now, but they are still bleeding

So... TXMT properties, then? I didn't change them. They come with afhairflypigtails, I just changed texture names for different subsets.
Can someone help me? Is there a way to fix or prevent that?
P.S. English isn't my native language. I'm sorry if I did something wrong.

UPD2: adding StdMatCullMode and setting it to cullClockwise didn't do anything.

UPD3:

Solved! Thanks to Theraven from GoS it's working now.
The advice was:
"...have you checked that the UV-mapping is actually inside the marked square (or in the textured area) for all the mesh parts? Sometimes if you import and export mesh parts using OBJ, the UV-coordinates will jump to one or two whole squares below. The mesh program interprets this by tiling the texture, so the result will look good there - but the game doesn't always do so, and might show the texture as 'missing' because it can't find the mapping where it should be. I'm not sure if it's a SimPE bug, or a bug in the mesh program I'm using (can't get MS to work on my laptop, so I sometimes extract OBJ meshes for Wings when texturing baby oufits, and the mesh issue always happens there)."
(c) http://digitalperversion.net/garden...08729#msg708729

In other words - you need to go from this

to this

If you have the same problem - just find out where exactly UV mapping is right now and make sure it is in the right place again. Use round numbers (like, for instance, 1, not 1.1).