Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 8:07 AM Last edited by katalina522 : 16th Apr 2019 at 8:46 AM.
Default Problem with Townie & NPC Naming Mod Creation
Hi all, sorry if this is the wrong place but I'm about ready to scream. This tutorial should absolutely be easy to follow and yet something is straight-up not working when I run Names2SimPE.exe
When I run the program, the SimPE files *say* they've updated... but then when I import one of those files into Live.package to replace an existing name list, every single text string is blank. The male first name list has the right number of strings but all the others have double the amount that they should. I have my .txt files formatted according to what's explained in the tutorial, so I'm not sure what's going wrong but it's extremely frustrating.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  txt files.zip (18.1 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 12:31 PM
They're lists pulled from various databases. I definitely didn't type 2000 individual entries, lol. Entering all of that into a package file manually would take hours. The steps I linked above should take like ten minutes–I just can't get the program to work properly. I am doing exactly what the tutorial says to do, namely to convert the .txt files into .simpe ones, open the live.package file, right-click "replace" on each #STR, and choose the correct str### file. Something's going wrong at the point when the program converts the text files, I think, because it's pulling in the correct amount of names for at least one of my lists, but it isn't printing the names themselves into the SimPE files.