Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Obama Swipe?
Fair Depiction?
7 16.67%
Unfair Swipe!
6 14.29%
Over reaction.
29 69.05%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 2:14 PM
The President - be it Obama or Bush - is a public figure and as such is open to scrutiny and, on occassion, ridicule. If it is a swipe at Obama, so be it. Bay is entitled to his opinion as are any Obama supporters. This is a democracy and we not required to grovel at anyone's feet.

If he's taking a swipe at Obama, let him.

As for myself, I am seeing the film on Friday, so I shall probably comment further then.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#28 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by urisStar
I would not know, it's not my kind of entertainment, and why would I even pay to be entertain when I could watch and listen to conservatives turn green with envy over all things Obama, for free.

No one is suggesting that you watch anything you don't want to, lol. And if you want to sit there and watch us conservatives turn green, go ahead and giggle. But let me tell you something: it isn't envy that's turning us that color. A lot of policies coming from both of the major political parties are quite literally making us sick to our stomachs. So you might want to stand back...

As for the supposed dig at Obama, eh, why the heck not? Even if I were a supporter, he did poke fun at Bush in the first movie. Seems only fair, right? Not that being fair is terribly important when it comes to directing a movie- he can be as biased as he wants to since it is his film.

Eagerly awaiting Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.
Scholar
#29 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 6:38 AM
I think everyone needs to learn how to take a joke! I'm by no means conservative, but people are bound to take swipes at Obama, and this is just an overreaction!
Inventor
#30 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WannabeSith
No one is suggesting that you watch anything you don't want to, lol. And if you want to sit there and watch us conservatives turn green, go ahead and giggle. But let me tell you something: it isn't envy that's turning us that color. A lot of policies coming from both of the major political parties are quite literally making us sick to our stomachs. So you might want to stand back...

I can empathize with your feeling about "the both" major political parties as I've spent my adult life with that same sentiment. I must however thank Bush for my new found interest in the American political system. I have spent the pass six months viewing C-SPAN as a way to get a feel for those who make policies and by that somehow get an understanding for why things are so wrong in this country.

I have concluded that the system itself has very little relevance when they are left without a set group to demonized in their role of big brother. The lines have definitely gotten blur and it have become a noticeable fight feast.

I find it more enjoyable to get closeup and personal so I can try and identify what is actually coming out of their stomachs, as there is vile/evil vomits and there is vile/unpleasant vomits and if one pay attention they can truly tell the difference and deal accordingly. Truly, a mess by any other name is still a mess, but some mess you can clean up, while there are others that you can't!

Page 2 of 2