Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:14 AM
Kiwi: An intelegent creator. It's the fact that in so much complexity, there are so many congruities, that I just can't put it down to... "luck of the draw" for lack of a better term. I know that we've barely scratched the surface of what's around us and what "reality" is, but so far the more I learn, the more my belief is reinforced.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Advertisement
Retired
retired moderator
#27 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:28 AM Last edited by kiwi_tea : 16th Jul 2010 at 4:17 AM.
But then, do you believe in evolution? What's the difference between this belief in irreducible complexity in nature, and the belief that the human eye is irreducibly complex - irreducible complexity in biology?

I'm not clear on what you mean by 'luck of the draw'.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#28 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:42 AM Last edited by Drakesecaravdis : 17th Jul 2010 at 3:53 AM.
suicidia, on that one thread you said that you don't believe in God given talent. now I understand why you would not believe in the God given part obviously but you really don't believe there is such a thing as talent?
so basically you think that we suck at everything until we work for it? is that what you're saying? have you forgotten about this little thing called DNA? so you think I just worked at being creative? I wasn't born that way? bogus bogus bogus if you ask me.
there is skill yes but there is also talent. working at being better doesn't discount that talent would exist. this would be perfecting your talent.

you also said in another post that hate can be a good thing. no you're utterly confused. hate is never good. it can be understandable in certain circumstances but I see no benefit. in general hatred is ugly and eats away at your very being. no one said you have to love a person you've never met but that doesn't mean you should hate a person you've never met either.
you can be cautious. you can even dislike someone especially someone as vile as you described in your example but you don't have to hate.
see if I were in your scenario I still wouldn't hate. I don't think it's even possible to hate someone you've never met. it's like being in love with someone you never met..just can't happen but I would probly have a funny feeling about them yes and I definitely wouldn't want to be around them.
I don't see how you can think being cautious requires such a strong emotion to work.

(I left this board for a while so this is why I'm posting about old things and this seems such a black and white way of thinking that I couldn't leave it alone. I probly could have PMed this but I felt it best to post it here.)

also this is kinda random but pretty on topic: I always wondered why Sims don't have a religion. not that I care because I'm not religious myself but just something I thought about.
Scholar
#29 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 7:13 AM
Speaking of supposedly-benevolent-God, I was having a discussion with a Christian friend a few months ago and she told me that, to God, it doesn't matter so much whether you do good things as it does that you believe in him. She used this as a comparison to a parental figure, saying that parents are forgiving, but that you have to be willing to accept their forgiveness and help. This struck me as rather odd, as, to follow the metaphor to it's logical conclusion, parents should kick out their children if the child shows any hint of disobedience. In reality, parents are usually more forgiving, being willing to forgive disobedience even more than moral error.

I very briefly considered the other day whether quantum mechanics would require there to be a god, but this was before I got to the part in the book I was reading that cleared up my momentary philosophical dilemma. It has been said that observation inherently affects the outcome of an experiment. Microscopic particles, such as electrons, exist as probability waves, as demonstrated by the double slit experiment. When the electrons are directly observed, the probability wave collapses to a (relative) certainty of position (though it still has uncertainty of velocity). I considered that if this held true to the macroscopic world as well, then every sequence in the flow of time could exist as a probability wave. Only some of those possibilities could lead to the conditions that would develop life, so what was there to collapse the probability wave and create a universe with a certain timeline of events? While this train of thought does not provide evidence for a god, a god could be the answer.

This was before I came to the part that explained that only particles of or below a certain length can exist as probability waves. The noise only exists on small scales, similar to the way the texture of a painting disappears at a distance. It also explained that the observation affected the results because we can only observe through interaction. We need to shoot electrons or photons at something and use devices that read the deflected particles in order to observe things and shooting particles at other particles is a good way to alter the trajectory of the particles in question.

So I briefly had something that may have been a consideration for the idea of a god, but it turned out to be based in my own flawed understanding of quantum mechanics. :D
Instructor
#30 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Oaktree
Speaking of supposedly-benevolent-God, I was having a discussion with a Christian friend a few months ago and she told me that, to God, it doesn't matter so much whether you do good things as it does that you believe in him.

This is one of the things I really hate about many Christian doctrines--that you can be "saved" if you believe, no matter how ROTTEN a person you might be.

This makes it pretty crystal clear to me that the whole idea was invented by humans--it's easy to sell an idea that has such an easy escape clause. God forbid you should preach that people must be good people to be saved.
Alchemist
#31 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakesecaravdis
suicidia, on that one thread you said that you don't believe in God given talent. now I understand why you would not believe in the God given part obviously but you really don't believe there is such a thing as talent?

ahhhh nostalgiagoggles, how i have missed thee.

i believe there are inclinations TOWARD specific SKILLS in life, but none that you are automatically "the shit" at right away. nobody is ever a master on the first try, as the word "talent" implies; "talent" implies that you dont need to raise a finger to do what you do best, no matter what youve been through or how youve worked at it.
its just salt in the wound when someone not only removes that credit but punts it off to a celestial not-even-sure-it-exists type... being.

Quote:
so basically you think that we suck at everything until we work for it? is that what you're saying? have you forgotten about this little thing called DNA? so you think I just worked at being creative? I wasn't born that way? bogus bogus bogus if you ask me.

name one person who was a master at whatever they did, the first time they did it.

even not needing to work as much as everyone else requires you to DO something in the right direction for you to get anywhere. DNA means jack squat if you dont hone that inclination in the slightest.

think think think harder.
you were not simply born creative.
nurture is decisively key in such things. you can be born a natural artist but in a family of farmers with no creative outlets or input about, youre about as useful/talented/"gifted" as a spoon in an air raid.
i dont recall asking you, either. but you obviously posted with the intent of garnering a response, so yes. here you go.

again.
the very notion of having a "talent" is that you dont need to lift a finger to be good at something, you just magically happen to be. which is bullshit, either way.

Quote:
there is skill yes but there is also talent. working at being better doesn't discount that talent would exist. this would be perfecting your talent.

you also said in another post that hate can be a good thing. no you're utterly confused.

it can. im not. and i'll thank you not to presume you know the first thing about me granted you dont even know my first name.

Quote:
hate is never good. it can be understandable in certain circumstances but I see no benefit. in general hatred is ugly and eats away at your very being. no one said you have to love a person you've never met but that doesn't mean you should hate a person you've never met either.

ahhh, spoken like a true lemming.
hate is a driving force in many situations for progress. oh i know you dont want to hear it, but the fact is, hate is a motivating passion, and while destructive by nature, can yield good results with the right user.
example: you know somebody who is a complete and total asshole. and by asshole, you know this person has screwed everybody theyve ever known, over, in the worst ways possible.

now say for instance you know this hypothetical person ( whom you hate for all the screwings-over ), is going to attempt to screw over your best friend/beloved family member/someone you know is too innocent to see what they really are.
...id say hate is a good tool for exposing that person.
if you dont hate them, youre not likely to care enough about what they do, and/or not try as hard as you would if you hated that person, to remove the other person from harms way.

people you hate are also much less likely to get the jump on you. people tend to undermine their feelings; chances are you hate who you hate for a reason, even if it hasnt presented itself yet.
intuition, i suppose thats called. anyway.

though, do tell me where ive pointed out that hating someone you dont actually know, is a good idea? i dont believe thats what my message concluded, though i have the memory of a tit mouse and could use a good refreshing should it fail me.

Quote:
you can be cautious. you can even dislike someone especially someone as vile as you described in your example but you don't have to hate.
see if I were in your scenario I still wouldn't hate. I don't think it's even possible to hate someone you've never met. it's like being in love with someone you never met..just can't happen but I would probly have a funny feeling about them yes and I definitely wouldn't want to be around them.
I don't see how you can think being cautious requires such a strong emotion to work.

technically, i can be anything.
though i do think its ridiculous that you think you can moderate how people think and act.
nobody has to do anything, either. ever. choices are infinite, even by not making a choice you ARE making a choice ( a choice not to choose; wrap your head around that one, ha HA ).
unfavorable choices also still count as being choices, in the interest of not being heavily biased.

oh, i believe its possible to hate someone youve never met.
i do. there are plenty of people i hate without needing to lay eyes on them.
i can list a few right now:
*anyone who has discriminated violently against anyone of differentiating race, age ( disregarding where it is seriously appropriate ), gender, sexuality ( again, disregarding where it is necessary/a danger to others ), religion or financial situation. ( and before you try to tell me i am discriminating against religious folk, id like to point out that i do not discriminate religious people; just their religion, which i want nowhere near me, thanks very much. )
*anyone who has abused an animal out of malice, sadism, or sheer stupidity.

i know thats only two generalizations, but theyre surprisingly common among our species. disgusting, really, and i have full right to hate whoever i want for whatever reason i see fit. the glory of free will.

emotion and logic arent always synonymous, i might add. emotions are not governed by the same rules as logic, and only sometimes fall in line with it. thats why they are emotions, and logic is logic, and the two are not the same thing.

Quote:
(I left this board for a while so this is why I'm posting about old things and this seems such a black and white way of thinking that I couldn't leave it alone. I probly could have PMed this but I felt it best to post it here.)

also this is kinda random but pretty on topic: I always wondered why Sims don't have a religion. not that I care because I'm not religious myself but just something I thought about.

mmm, then i feel sorry for you.
not...out of any misguided sense of superiority, dont get me wrong. but i think its a fools crusade to seek to govern something as immaterial and impossible to regulate as thought and thought processes.
we may not see eye to eye on this, but its likely due to different experiences in life. after all, you cant put different people in the same situation and expect them all to draw the same conclusions.

but, since i did all the answering and none of the asking, i leave you with this:

if we didnt know strong emotions like hate, how do you suppose we'd even know what love is?
if you never saw it, how would you know black from white? BOTH ends of the spectrum are necessary for a preference to be obtained.
i understand an ideal as focusing on the positive in life, but its...not realistic. to say the least.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Field Researcher
#32 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 12:37 AM Last edited by Drakesecaravdis : 18th Jul 2010 at 12:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
ahhhh nostalgiagoggles, how i have missed thee.

i believe there are inclinations TOWARD specific SKILLS in life, but none that you are automatically "the shit" at right away. nobody is ever a master on the first try, as the word "talent" implies; "talent" implies that you dont need to raise a finger to do what you do best, no matter what youve been through or how youve worked at it.
its just salt in the wound when someone not only removes that credit but punts it off to a celestial not-even-sure-it-exists type... being.

name one person who was a master at whatever they did, the first time they did it.

even not needing to work as much as everyone else requires you to DO something in the right direction for you to get anywhere. DNA means jack squat if you dont hone that inclination in the slightest.

think think think harder.
you were not simply born creative.
nurture is decisively key in such things. you can be born a natural artist but in a family of farmers with no creative outlets or input about, youre about as useful/talented/"gifted" as a spoon in an air raid.

again.
the very notion of having a "talent" is that you dont need to lift a finger to be good at something, you just magically happen to be. which is bullshit, either way.

you're clearly not comprehending what I said. you are talking about skill and I said that does exist. and I never said that you were a master at anything the first time. that's where skill comes in but you sometimes need talent for it to work. working at it is perfecting your talent. you know how some things you can try a million times and you can never be good at. it's because you don't possess the talent. for example I can't get the hang of drawing no matter how hard I try. sometimes I don't draw that bad but I never draw well. it's because I don't have the talent unlike my mom.
I've been creative since as long as I can remember. I never had to work at being creative. it just came to me. it's one of my innate traits. it's part of who I am.

ahhh, spoken like a true lemming.
hate is a driving force in many situations for progress. oh i know you dont want to hear it, but the fact is, hate is a motivating passion, and while destructive by nature, can yield good results with the right user.
example: you know somebody who is a complete and total asshole. and by asshole, you know this person has screwed everybody theyve ever known, over, in the worst ways possible.

people you hate are also much less likely to get the jump on you. people tend to undermine their feelings; chances are you hate who you hate for a reason, even if it hasnt presented itself yet.
intuition, i suppose thats called. anyway.

though, do tell me where ive pointed out that hating someone you dont actually know, is a good idea? i dont believe thats what my message concluded, though i have the memory of a tit mouse and could use a good refreshing should it fail me.

I do know an asshole. he's the sperm donor and I hate his guts. people say how can you hate your father but no they don't understand so yes I do hate him
this is why I said in general. in general it's not a good idea but if this person that you are hating is like my father I completely understand. someone who has actually done something to you is fine to hate.
in general does not mean never. please read every word next time.

you said that you hated this guy and you hadn't even met him. I understand why you would have ill feelings but I'm just pointing this out.

oh, i believe its possible to hate someone youve never met.
i do. there are plenty of people i hate without needing to lay eyes on them.
i can list a few right now:
*anyone who has discriminated violently against anyone of differentiating race, age ( disregarding where it is seriously appropriate ), gender, sexuality ( again, disregarding where it is necessary/a danger to others ), religion or financial situation. ( and before you try to tell me i am discriminating against religious folk, id like to point out that i do not discriminate religious people; just their religion, which i want nowhere near me, thanks very much. )
*anyone who has abused an animal out of malice, sadism, or sheer stupidity.

I can understand why you'd have ill feelings towards people like that. I'm not discounting how wrong it is to act that way but you see people like that I do not hate them. if someone had an attitude that I didn't like I would hate their actions not them (unless they did something to me or possibly someone I personally knew). there is a difference.
I guess if you want to say that you hate them that's fine but I won't ever want to say I hate somebody if I have never met them and if I do say that, I correct myself immediately. I remember one time I was at CVS and I saw all this Twilight stuff and I said out of word vomit "I hate Robert Pattinson" I got so angry with myself. I cursed myself out and kept yelling at myself no I do not hate him. I don't even know him. never met him in my life.
I just don't see how it's possible to hate even those people you listed in those examples. they haven't done anything to you personally. it's possible to dislike them but hate?

we may not see eye to eye on this, but its likely due to different experiences in life.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. do you mean different as in I haven't had it difficult or as difficult as you? or just simply different?

let me ask you do you believe you can be in love with someone you've never met?
Alchemist
#33 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 6:19 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by that. do you mean different as in I haven't had it difficult or as difficult as you? or just simply different?

let me ask you do you believe you can be in love with someone you've never met?

pretty much everything before this came down to " because i dont understand i dont condone, but if i do understand go on and hate "--not an argument, so i wont respond.

difference means difference. if i meant difficult i wouldve said 'difficult' or something along those lines. unlike some, i dont attempt to invalidate others for not...being me. or having my views, or reaping my knowledge from my scenarios.

in fact, thats one of the main points that ( western ) religion ENCOURAGES, from my experience. religion ENCOURAGES others to discredit those who do not draw the same conclusions from specific scenarios. its close mindedness. its a lack of understanding and a contentment with lacking understanding, and it teaches not needing to/wanting to understand others and where theyre coming from.

and no. is the answer to your last question.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Scholar
#34 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 9:22 AM

religion is a touchy and often not very positive topic. Also, the sims is meant to be distributed worldwide, not just in the USA. Imagine religion would be there... which type of religion would they pick? Christians would be offended if the religion was muslim like or polytheistic, the muslims would be offended if it was christian like or Buddhist, lots of ppl in asia dont have religions and would consider it insane, and ppl like Richard Dawkins would buy the game just to drown and burn religious sims. I would demand COOL reigions like jediism and the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Religion is not a very positive topic. Sims is about fun, so religion is best left out. (and chances are the creators are not religious like most geeks)

You do can hate someone you dont know personally for what they do. Like hating the pope for helping HIV spread in Afrika. You can also hate someone's TV imagine, seeing lady Gaga or the Jonas brothers for the millionth time, without hating them personally.

And religion is a lot about hate, so lets not forget all those that hate others in the name of a religion. They talk like hate, they act like hate, so its safe to assume they do hate. Even though they CLAIM " they just hate the sin" or "its for a peacefull jihad". Actions count more than words.

"When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars"
Field Researcher
#35 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 6:34 PM Last edited by Drakesecaravdis : 18th Jul 2010 at 7:39 PM.
unlike some, i dont attempt to invalidate others for not...being me. or having my views, or reaping my knowledge from my scenarios.

is this supposed to be a stab at me?
because if it is I don't get it. invalidate...?
I read the definition too. it told me no more than I already know. I failed to tell you that I have two sides to me. there's the dumb blonde side and there's the "smartical" side so the dumb blonde side has kicked in when you used this complicated word at me.
the sad part: according to my ahole father I use too many big words.
and like I said you can say you hate people like that if you want. I wouldn't think bad of you with that as those kind of people are demonstrating themselves not to be very good people. I just don't see it as possible and I wouldn't do it.
I guess I'm mainly saying this because I can't stand it when people say they hate a celebrity. sometimes it just doesn't sit well with me at all especially since often times when they say that they demonstrate how ill they feel about them too.

in fact, thats one of the main points that ( western ) religion ENCOURAGES, from my experience. religion ENCOURAGES others to discredit those who do not draw the same conclusions from specific scenarios. its close mindedness. its a lack of understanding and a contentment with lacking understanding, and it teaches not needing to/wanting to understand others and where theyre coming from.

I can't disagree with this. like I said I'm not religious myself so I'm just going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

and no. is the answer to your last question.

if you can't be in love with someone you've never met then you cannot hate someone you've never met. they're on the same level of opposite ends of the spectrum.

Quote: Originally posted by Vanito
religion is a touchy and often not very positive topic. Also, the sims is meant to be distributed worldwide, not just in the USA. Imagine religion would be there... which type of religion would they pick? Christians would be offended if the religion was muslim like or polytheistic, the muslims would be offended if it was christian like or Buddhist, lots of ppl in asia dont have religions and would consider it insane, and ppl like Richard Dawkins would buy the game just to drown and burn religious sims. I would demand COOL reigions like jediism and the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Religion is not a very positive topic. Sims is about fun, so religion is best left out. (and chances are the creators are not religious like most geeks)

ah I see.

You do can hate someone you dont know personally for what they do. Like hating the pope for helping HIV spread in Afrika. You can also hate someone's TV imagine, seeing lady Gaga or the Jonas brothers for the millionth time, without hating them personally.

isn't that what I said? I said you can hate someone's actions did I not?
image is a thing so exactly you hate something about them and not them. see I would never say I hate Taylor Swift because I do not know her. I hate her public attitude/persona but not her.
a strong word like that can not go near another human being as if it were nothing. it's like how I said I loved my ex bf when I didn't. if I had meant love in another way then that's fine but no...I didn't
and idk why you mentioned the Jonas Brothers when no one really talks about them anymore but whatever.

And religion is a lot about hate, so lets not forget all those that hate others in the name of a religion. They talk like hate, they act like hate, so its safe to assume they do hate. Even though they CLAIM " they just hate the sin" or "its for a peacefull jihad". Actions count more than words.

well..that's a good example of people that think they know how to feel when they don't.
you know the ones who act like they hate homosexuals for example. they don't. they just don't understand them.
see I used to be a homophobe (not for religious reasons obviously. I've never been religious even when I was a Christian) I would think that gay people are creepy but I was not around them enough to understand. I think religious people are the same way.
Instructor
#36 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 11:09 PM
r

Religion is not a very positive topic. Sims is about fun, so religion is best left out.

Well, they do kind of a Wicca thing, so that's fun. What's really funny to me is that when I first started playing Sims, I was disappointed that there wasn't a church to get married in. AND I'M ATHEIST!!! What does that say about America's cultural brainwashing of girls? lol.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grumpy_otter
Well, they do kind of a Wicca thing, so that's fun. What's really funny to me is that when I first started playing Sims, I was disappointed that there wasn't a church to get married in. AND I'M ATHEIST!!! What does that say about America's cultural brainwashing of girls? lol.

they do? you mean on Sims 2 right?

I don't think that's all that's weird. it's because that takes away the tradition of marriage. it doesn't matter if you're atheist. how is it much of a wedding without a church?
Instructor
#38 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:00 AM
Yes, Sims 2--do they have a church on Sims 3?

Yeah--it's just a cultural thing--where i grew up, every girl dreamed of "a big church wedding." lol

I go all out when I marry my sims--dance floor, decorated chairs, candles, flowers. I'm a sap.
Inventor
#39 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:04 AM
they do? you mean on Sims 2 right?

I don't think that's all that's weird. it's because that takes away the tradition of marriage. it doesn't matter if you're atheist. how is it much of a wedding without a church?

I've been married ... twice.... both time, not in a church. Both marriages, not by a priest or religious figure. The first one was state appointed, the second time we were married by my mother-in-law, legal in this state for a common person to officiate a marriage.

If by 'not much of a wedding', you mean, we didn't pay much, you're right!
Retired
retired moderator
#40 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:52 AM
Agree. I was married in an office, then had a big unofficial wedding with my friends and family. No-one needs a church for a wedding, just their loved ones.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#41 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:57 AM

no I don't think they do have one in Sims 3. I just started playing it not too long ago though so I could be wrong.

Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
I've been married ... twice.... both time, not in a church. Both marriages, not by a priest or religious figure. The first one was state appointed, the second time we were married by my mother-in-law, legal in this state for a common person to officiate a marriage.

hmm that's really different being married by your mom-in-law. didn't know you could do that anywhere.
yeah some people do state appointed and get married at City Hall but to my knowledge more people get married in a church. what do I know though? I haven't seen many weddings..going by hearsay and tv (a lot of tv shows have people getting married in the church. actually I haven't seen one that shows them getting married anywhere else)
Scholar
#42 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:12 AM

They don't. I've seen some people try to make one, but I don't think there are any crosses or anything like that either, so it would require custom content.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:14 AM Last edited by lovetadraw : 19th Jul 2010 at 2:27 AM.
I've changed a lot since last I posted on this subject.

I stand between agnosticism and deism. I do think that there is something beyond the physical, there is a spiritual force in the universe. (> means comes from) Only because, Big Bang>Primordial Atom>Membranes>? .....??? I feel that there is no way something can just be. But what about a god? ...??? Where did s/he....???? DAHHHH!!!!!! Either way it hurts my brain!

I think that if there is a god, he ain't listening. Also, I hate religion in general. JEWS! MUSLIMS! STOP TRYING TO KILL EACH OTHER OFF!!!! CHRISTIANS!!!! SHUT UP!!

Also, I think most homosexuals are born that way. Maybe there is some nature-nurture, but still. Worst of all, why? Why do Christians hate Transsexuals? What? Are people not allowed to fix it when god fracks up?

I don't need a religion to be a "good" person. I don't have sex because I'm not going to risk it (NOT THAT THAT MAKES ME A BETTER PERSON! miss misquoters will be dealt with harshly), I think stealing is wrong because work=time -time is precious, killing (unless in (self) defense) is wrong, and so on.

Also let me say this, lack of pity is different from hate. I think babies deserve to keep there faces, if you don't... Okay... But if you miscarry, It's hard to feel compassion when you think it's "just a bundle of cells". Having sex more than I ever will? Go for it, I suggest protection, but even then, PLEASE! U took THE RISK! If you get aids and die from a cold or something... It's sad that you're dead, but you can really only blame yourself. Hey, I cut my wrist too deep and bleed to death? You don't hafta pity me.

Why are we here? Who gives a frack? Everyday could be our last, have fun, make history, and love. Who knows what's at the end, maybe the end is another beginning? Maybe there will be pearly gates and a bearded man named Jesus? Maybe I'll be eaten alive by snakes in a fiery place filled with accordions for all eternity?

My POV, your POV, his POV, her POV. We're all different, we will never all agree. But that's because we are pea brained imbeciles trying to find our way, wondering "what is greater than ourselves, greater than what we can see?"

PS
Many churches don't wanna marry "outsiders", so I'll probly get married somewhere else .

Where does the pain come?
Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Field Researcher
#44 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:51 AM Last edited by Drakesecaravdis : 19th Jul 2010 at 3:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lovetadraw

Also, I think most homosexuals are born that way. Maybe there is some nature-nurture, but still. Worst of all, why? Why do Christians hate Transsexuals? What? Are people not allowed to fix it when god fracks up?

I think many of them are too but there could very well be some that are homosexuals due to environmental factors. I wouldn't say that normally but I read this article during one of my college courses and it makes me think a little.
either way I don't see how people can say it's a choice. that doesn't make sense at all.

do they say they hate transsexuals? or do they just act like transsexuals are creepy?
I'm not saying I doubt that they would hate transsexuals...just wondering.
Scholar
#45 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:54 AM
I do not think in asia most people marry in churches. Or in Turkey.

You may assume hormonal or brain changes later on in life can make someone homosexual too. There has been a case of a guy on medicines for epilepsy who went gay during the period, and gambled all his money away. Somehow the medicines affected his sexual preference.

"When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars"
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 8:16 AM
Atheism and abandonment of God is modern thing. If you want to be modern, become atheist. If you believe in God, you will have many disagree under your post. Before our Christian God, there was many gods and godesses. Religion was culture and indentity of every nation. Today, people don't have time for religion. The reason is work, money or they just can't accept that God/god/godess will judge their lives. No wonder, there will be Apocalypse soon and I can't feel any regret.

Abandoned account...
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 9:02 AM
A lot of you guys believe that God/Goddesses or religions would ruin/destroy people's lives. It look like you forget the faith do have benefits for various reasons..... I respectfully disagree cos it don't ruin my life, and I don't think my friends', my family's, some people's (I personally know who) lives are ruined by Him/Gods/Goddesses. Faith just did save my life and it changed my life a lot, much better. I turned out okay. Without the faith, this will not where I am now....... So this does apply to people I know.

There is no way I can reject my religion since it does help me a lot........................ Sorry, I feel I have to step in here to make some point............ I'm sorry if my POV offend anyone cos my life is just different than yours, it's not really my intention......... I can't understand why a lot of you guys believe in religions destroy a lot of people's lives and completely ignore all of helpful & useful benefits from any faith that would affect another people's lives positively. How do you know the religion will destroy each person's life? *confused looks* It is hard for me to believe in "OMG. Why do you believe in Gods/Goddesses/Him? It is so absurd. Religions will ruin your life! It is BAD. I suggest you to abandon your faith. It will save you and it'll bring a lot of happiness to you." stuff. =(
Instructor
#48 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 9:30 AM Last edited by jooxis : 19th Jul 2010 at 11:58 AM.
Having sex more than I ever will? Go for it, I suggest protection, but even then, PLEASE! U took THE RISK! If you get aids and die from a cold or something... It's sad that you're dead, but you can really only blame yourself. Hey, I cut my wrist too deep and bleed to death? You don't hafta pity me.

Not trying be too judgemental, but it would benefit you to change your views on sex.
We all take risks every day, and we use certain measures of precaution each time. Maybe sometimes you forget to take these measures and sometimes when you do - they can fail. It happens and we are not always to blame.
Flying on an airplane is a risk we willingly take. I assume you do feel sympathy for someone who dies in a plane crash yet not for an AIDS victim, which wouldn't make sense. By the logic you imply we are ALL to be blame for any disease we catch (unless it's genetic) because it's usually something we DID that made us ill.
I also find it somewhat strange that you admit to self-harm (which can be very dangerous) yet don't engage in sex because of fear of STDs... it just doesn't make sense to me. How I see it, either you care about your body or you don't. I'm not trying to encourage you to have sex or anything, I'm just saying I personally find the particular attitude strange.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
No-one needs a church for a wedding, just their loved ones.
^ This. Out of all the people I know who had a church wedding, the majority aren't even religious, let alone actually attend church. To me that makes no sense. A church isn't mandatory or even necessary. It only has a place in your wedding if it also has a place in your everyday life.

Why do Christians hate Transsexuals? What? Are people not allowed to fix it when god fracks up?
Isnt the bolded part the point though? That changing sex is saying that God was wrong, and saying that God was wrong is bad.
Instructor
#50 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 11:00 AM
I just wanted to hop in and say I never meant to imply that a church was necessary for anyone to have a beautiful and meaningful wedding. I was just amused by the contradiction in myself--that I am not Christian nor religious, and yet wedding still means "walk down the church aisle" because of where I was raised and my culture.

Page 2 of 23