Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 11:25 AM
Default Tomb Issues in Custom Worlds
I was just playing in a custom world for the second time where the tombs are not working for me. I have checked the lots in the build mode and do not see problems. In the lot I was just playing dive wells are connected together but my sim can only explore and not swim to the other. And as in another custom world, my sim could not access a room without my adding a door as the wall door is not working. When I click where it is when playing I just get Nraas and no option to investigate and find it. I also checked another tomb in the other world and a torch is supposed to work to trigger the next thing. It does not. And I had access issues in another tomb lot there also.

Did a later patch mess up tombs built prior to it?

As you will probably ask, I had this in Jericho and now in Sao Patan I think it is called. Cool worlds, but my sims and the tombs do not get along well.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 12:05 PM
Huh... I'm also having an issue with a custom tomb, except it's not in Jericho and it's not for objects lacking options to interact with.
My problem is with a graveyard in Alpine County. My sim couldn't route to the keyhole for some reason but everything else works.
I wonder if custom tombs included in custom worlds got corrupted when exporting or maybe in my case the custom world pathfinding is just unoptimized.

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 12:22 PM
???? I downloaded all the custom tombs made to date way back when while playing 3 before 4 came out from here and TSR and who knows where. I was able to explore them, well my sim was, with no problems. Every now and then I had to do a small fix, and even had to do that in EA tombs a time or two. But those were things where there was just zero access to an area. Goofs. I played every tomb in WA so knew tomb exploring pretty well. But some lots have goofs such as that lot in Champs with no door to a bathroom, a bed missing in the base camp in China , etc. I have forgotten to add front steps a few times. (!) Picky sims.

So I am not sure what is going on now? I do not know if a patch did something? An Nraas update? Something has changed.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 1:17 PM
Have you tried downloading again something you know previously did work?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 1:20 PM
Okay so just to be thorough I made a new game with the same neighborhood, took out all my mods, also cleared the caches just in case, and they still fail to do pathfinding. So it's definitely not mod conflicts in my case and has something to do with the world or the lot itself...
You should try doing the same and see if your problem persists with no mods installed.

Site Helper
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee

Yes. Which is why it's almost impossible to get through that maze in WA to pick up the axe anymore. But it should not have affected dive wells and secret doors.

ETA: Maybe it did... I think it was the Pets patch that messed up the pathing for tombs, and that hit everything because that was when they swapped the rigs. But the only WA problems I remember having are with pathing through narrow spaces. Of course if I'm missing some secret doors I probably wouldn't know about them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee

Definitely; I know that later EPs overrode the processor object, so tombs I built prior to that would sometimes not work.

For Jericho I used some pretty complex processor options; I remember one tomb had a sequence where you had to solve a number of timed problems to access one switch, and when I tried to rebuild it some years later I couldn't even remember what I had been trying to do there, so gave up!

Probably best to demolish all of the tomb lots and build some nice new ones, and reconnect all of the dive wells.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 6:10 AM
Thank you for the replies! What a doggone shame! I can tell looking at the tombs that much time and thought was put into them. How sad that they cannot be used now. It would be nice to have some done now if they can work. I may try a very simple one someday, but it will be far down my long to do list.

I have some Sims in China now. I should have them try a tomb or 2 and see how much is broken? My family had 2 axes but they are long gone after many moves. Guess we may have to cheat to get them now! LOL If we still can even use/need them?
Site Helper
#9 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 12:46 PM
The axes are still needed for boulders and useful for rubble piles. You just need a way to teleport/zeneport in order to get them now.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#10 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 12:31 AM
In custom worlds it is a known issue that dive wells and other things that span over more than one lot tend to break. Most creators will have a little description on which lots have dive wells and how to reconnect them. It's not that hard to go in and reconnect the warp wells, but routing is another issue. You CAN move linked objects without messing up the links, so maybe move the keyhole somewhere accessible? Things with broken links would require some tomb building knowledge to fix, but at that point you'd have to decide how badly you want your sim to complete the tomb. Could be quite an investment of time. Definitely save the lot to library after fixing so you only have to do once.

If I had more time on my hands. Sounds like something that needs to be done and shared, especially the one in China.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 5:18 AM
I think I found out what's the problem with the tomb on the custom world I've been using. I tested to see if it worked when I moved it to another lot, and it did.
That led me to believe that there's something wrong with the area in general.

On that note, I decided to take a peek under the hood and found out that several dots didn't connect on the routing because there are world objects obstructing it that I've marked with red arrows.

There are several more places that has their dots not connected fully around the map and those places are also the ones where NRAAS reports NPCs got stuck in.
Could this really be the cause?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 6:27 AM
I have no problem with teleport cheating when necessary. Will see how much is needed when I check more tombs. I do not want to have to knock down walls over and over though to access areas.