Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2018 at 7:50 PM
Default What are the titles?
Ok so I have seen titles/desgnations on forum osts like. Test subject, Lab assistant, field researcher and now I got a space pony lol. What are these? How are they given?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st May 2018 at 9:26 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 21st May 2018 at 9:50 PM.
Not sure how those titles are decided here on MTS, but there's a similar system on my site, and also on Insim (where I am a mod and have a custom title). On many sites they're often decided by things like post count, achievements, forum status (being a moderator or admin often gives the perk of having a custom title), being a creator (MTS gives you a palette), having donated (MTS donators get a blue heart), helping out in a particular forum area, making a tutorial, or similar. Most of the automatic ones are usually decided in the forum settings.

"Test subject", "Lab assistant" and "field researcher" looks like they're decided by post count, possibly also "Top Secret Researcher". I'm guessing the "mad poster" appears after around 5000 posts (since I've got that one...). Absolutely no idea about the "space pony" title (can't remember if I've had that one, if it's a post count one).

As for the really custom titles for moderators and such, as an example, Maxon has the custom title "The Great AntiJen", while Joandsarah77 has the title "Needs Coffee". I'm guessing they selected those themselves.
Alchemist
#3 Old 21st May 2018 at 10:24 PM
I could practice Magik in addition to Alchemy, who knows.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#4 Old 22nd May 2018 at 12:45 AM
Adding to what simmer22 said:

Website FAQ

MTS was originally for TS2 and, obviously, branched out to subsequent games....but the titles are (mostly) TS2-related.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd May 2018 at 1:44 AM
Yes, moderators can make their own titles and I added the "needs Coffee". The other ones like Space Pony is linked to post count. Space Pony is very fleeting if you post so enjoy it while you can.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#6 Old 22nd May 2018 at 1:57 AM
Or some people's title are BANNED.

Dag-Dag
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd May 2018 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RicoSuavecito

Well, to be fair, that's often post-related too. :P

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd May 2018 at 8:04 AM
I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts then :p
Thanks for explaining it to me.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd May 2018 at 10:30 AM
No I became instructor lol. I liked being a space pony for a day though haha.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 22nd May 2018 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RicoSuavecito

Others are BUNNED. I like those. :lovestruc