Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 11:02 AM
Replies: 113 (Who?), Viewed: 39082 times.
Page 5 of 5
Field Researcher
#101 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman101
First, the rates of crimes are also higher for black citizens, so the arrestation rate discrepancy is justified. In regards to the length of sentences, while that is unfortunate, it is not systemic. The imprisonment gap between men and women is much larger than the gap between black and white people, though, and I see no men starting riots over this.

Lost opportunities due to race and skin colour apply to all races. The ever-present "race quotas" that compare people based on their race rather than their abilities come to mind. Interestingly, while denying racial minorities opportunities based on their race is ILLEGAL, denying racial majorities opportunities based on their race is often LEGALLY ENFORCED. How ironic that the only systemic problem is actually the OPPOSITE of what you claim. Anyhow, zip codes are based on location, not race, though I'm not actually sure what point you were attempting to make.

Finally, I'd like to emphasize again that nothing you brought up is systemic, so there are no systemic solutions. Do you honestly think racially-motivated violence is a valid way to change public perspective for the better? Don't make me laugh.
^^^This!^^^
Field Researcher
#102 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzie
I never said you resurrected it, I said you had commented 5 times SINCE it had been resurrected.
Just as you have, and you're right, you didn't say that. My apologies.
Scholar
#103 Old 13th May 2018 at 3:43 PM
well,aren't they basically a black supremacy group?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
cats are better than humans and shall takeover earth in a couple of centuries after they evolve.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 22nd May 2018 at 4:29 PM
"Black lives matter" is a stupid thing to say because all lives matter and all lives are equal even if you have a different skin colo(u)r or heritage.

Hi my name is Carla Shaw you can stop at 5 or 6 stores or just one. I don't need friends, they disappoint me.
Test Subject
#105 Old 29th May 2018 at 7:24 PM Last edited by millie7042 : 29th May 2018 at 7:24 PM. Reason: Add content
Black Lives Matter has a good intention, but it has strayed to a terrorist organisation. All lives are equal and valuable.
Mad Poster
#106 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 3:49 PM
The slogan ' black lives matter' is in response to the many killings of unarmed black citizens, gunned down by police. It comes from the evidence that in our society black lives don't matter - that black citizens can be summarily executed in the streets without due process by the police or even random people who then escape punishment.
It's faulty logic to conclude that because someone says that black lives matter that they are also implying that all other lives don't matter or that white lives don't matter. A group or an individual can make a statement referring only to themselves. If I say that I deserve fair treatment, am I at the same time saying that my neighbor doesn't deserve fair treatment? No. See how that works?
Instructor
Original Poster
#107 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 2:59 AM
How does this thread keep getting resurrected

Honestly BLM isn't even a relevant topic anymore (at least not as much as it was when I intially made this thread almost 2 years ago lmao)
Mad Poster
#108 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 9:00 PM
I would disagree that it is no longer relevant. It still holds meaning for many and none of the wrongs that led to the movement have been addressed, so there's that....

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#109 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 12:01 AM
i find it very hard to talk about things like thiss but i just want to give my quick and short opinion

i support black lives matter and believe they can do even more good in the worldd
Mad Poster
#110 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 8:11 PM
I've heard someone suggest it should have been called, "Black Lives Matter, Too". That little "Too" could end a lot of arguments. Does anyone else get sick of people saying, "All Lives Matter" or "When do straight people get a parade?" or other equivalent things?

Sometimes, I think I should just sneak that "Too" in whenever speaking of BLM.

Instructor
#111 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
I've heard someone suggest it should have been called, "Black Lives Matter, Too". That little "Too" could end a lot of arguments. Does anyone else get sick of people saying, "All Lives Matter" or "When do straight people get a parade?" or other equivalent things?

Sometimes, I think I should just sneak that "Too" in whenever speaking of BLM.

One word doesn't change the borderline (and sometimes actual) terrorism.
Mad Poster
#112 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 4:01 AM
The claim about terrorism does not apply to the original movement, nor to the bulk of the movement. If anything, I'm unconvinced that isn't some small group that wants to make the movement look bad and isn't even part of it.

Top Secret Researcher
#113 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averex
How does this thread keep getting resurrected

Honestly BLM isn't even a relevant topic anymore (at least not as much as it was when I intially made this thread almost 2 years ago lmao)

This thread keeps getting resurrected because black lives do matter. Black lives are a relevant topic. This topic could only become irrelevant once all people are treated equitably.

Please think about why you are laughing at the suffering of others. You need to do some introspection and become a better person.

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.
Instructor
Original Poster
#114 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 6:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simbalena
Please think about why you are laughing at the suffering of others. You need to do some introspection and become a better person.

Wow okay lol

I wasn't laughing at the suffering of others, I was laughing at the fact that people continue to argue about this. When I say that it's no longer relevant, I'm alluding to the fact that you don't see BLM in the news anymore. And IMO that's a good thing. Because it means they're no longer burning down cities and looting stores in the name of peace and just doing their thing peacefully. And that, I can get behind.
Page 5 of 5