Replies: 1753 (Who?), Viewed: 65018 times.
Page 71 of 71
Mad Poster
#1751 Old Yesterday at 10:50 PM
Road to Recovery: Lu-Net of the Glen
Interlude I: Reunion with Colleen

Prior to my operations for the nerve implants, my therapist, Colleen, gave me a blank card to use once I was ready to see her again.

Been out of sorts, so I guess it's time to go back and vent the most sordid parts of my emotional exhaustion, issues and all around trauma of indecisiveness.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
#1752 Old Today at 1:36 AM
Honestly very confused.

When I was offered a position at my last job, I had one (1) interview speaking with one (1) person, and I signed papers and got things done within the first week of being hired. This (potentially) new job is WAYYYY different. So far, I've spoken with TWO (2) people, on two different days, both of whom offered the position. The second guy actually told me that they'ed send me a letter that would state if I've been hired and when the orientation is and then there's the onboarding thing where I sign papers ON A SEPARATE DATE. Good lord, this is messy.

And I still have some doubts about joining the military. I have family in the military, and they've mentioned it can be tough at times. I don't have any physical disabilities, but I do have a mental one (autism) and I do have to take meds. One of them is for hypothyroidism and is required, no matter what. The other two - no, one, since my psychologist recommended I stick to just the attention medication since the third med wasn't helping - are optional and ones I can live without. These things might end up being deal-breakers, though I have no way of knowing for sure unless I try.

I'll wait until the end of this week for the letter. If it doesn't come, then I'll head over to the recruiter building and try my luck there.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Mad Poster
#1753 Old Today at 12:04 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Today at 12:32 PM.
Was watching Monty Python. It was the retrospect titled "Best Bits (mostly)" where celebrities would share how they we're introduced.

My introduction was during the age of 9-12, where dark humor was part of the development of young children growing up into adulthood and throughout my teenage years, it was usually John Cleese's starring skits were best, particularly if he was in a role of authority. His skit of conducting a newscaster and a few criminals take him for a ride, which at the end of the weather forecast, he is dumped into the harbor.

Actually, I used the above newscaster skit to explain absurdism to my mother, who is foreign to the concept.

Woke up to a rainy thunderstorm, but I felt fine. Still trying hard to get a good understanding of why I fell for guys like Lee. My dreams are still like this where Lee is kind to me.

@Graveyard Snowflake, you might be rejected from the military. I have been hounded by the military when I was in high school and office training that I had a letter written on my behalf that I was not able to make it in the military due to my inability to come to attention or just even work under duress. Not trying to destroy you, but there's a likelihood of not making it from my experience almost 10 years or so ago.

I suffer from autism on the high functioning end, so although I am able to do things for myself, I sometimes feel paralyzed by numerous other things. So I can understand if yes, this is not a big deal, but no, this is not a good day for me on this is part of your day.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1754 Old Today at 6:00 PM
When you want plants for your planted aquarium but are not willing to spend $10.00 for a single plant with one or two submerged leaves, you grow your own.

This is a picture of Cryptocoryne Undulata 'red'. They're planted in Fluval Stratum in a 2.5 gallon tank that is now sitting on my desk. They don't look like much of anything right now as they are tissue cultures, but they will grow over the next few weeks. Once they've grown a healthy root system via what is called a dry start ( the tank doesn't have water in it except in the substrate) then I'll fill this tiny tank with water from the big tank and wait for the plants to grow submerged leaves which will look completely different from the emersed leaves they have now. Once that happens and the plants are big enough, they'll be able to go into my 40 breeder and live there.

This is what they look like when they have their submerged leaves.

That weird thing in the middle of the picture at the top is some plastic wrap. When plants are grown this way, they have to be kept in a humid environment. If they dry out, they die.
Screenshots

Cyber Tip Line for Exploited Children
Children should always feel like the adults are living in this world to nurture them, to take care of them, to protect them from any bad thing that might come. ~Chris Cornell
Page 71 of 71