Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 6:39 AM Last edited by Cloudchaser : 13th Jun 2009 at 8:47 PM.
Default Career Rewards List
I thought it would be useful to pool information and come up with a complete list of career rewards. I'm speaking specifically of objects or abilities you get as a reward at the top level of each career track. I'll start off with the two I know from my own experience, and hopefully others can add to it.

This might be useful to people that were, say, writing a wiki or something. *glances around*

Culinary: MinusOne Kelvin Refrigerator (leftovers apparently last forever)

Science: "Perform Experiment On" ability with many household items (chance to give new mood boosts or abilities to objects, or backfire, possibly destroying the item)

Criminal - Master Thief: Fox Statue - mood boost when admired
Criminal - Evil Leader: Red Glow - causes other sims to hate you

Music - Classical: Top End Stereo

Business: Power Broker - opportunities for job raises or monetary bonuses
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 6:43 AM
Master Thief gives you a fox statue which you can "Admire" Not sure if it does much of anything

Evil Leader makes you glow red and everyone even family members hate you. You can try and make them like you again but it just goes back down slowly. Rather annoying then anything else.

I did get a Gnome while getting to master thief and it either ran away or the klepto ghost in my house stole him.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 1:47 PM
The music career (classical branch) gives you the most expensive stereo.

I've done the Journalism career but don't see that I've gotten anything for it or don't remember what happened.
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 5:31 PM
ok no the klepto Ghost didn't take the gnome he magically moved from standing in the corner of my kitchen to laying on the bar outside. Kinda creeped me out.

The fox statue gives you a mood boost when you admire it, but only the sim who's reward it is. Also for being a master thief you get driven around by a limo instead of your car or a cab...odly when you go to work it's still a car pool
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 7:01 PM
Shimrod - check to see if your journalism sims have new menu options/interactions that aren't present on normal sims, like "write story about..."

I was disappointed in the science career, until I noticed that I suddenly could make chairs give me a 2 hour "attractive" moodlet or make a toilet greatly improve the "decorated" value. Though the pulsing rings and electric visual effects are kind of distracting.
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 7:20 PM
The "perform experiment on" interaction is hilariously awesome. XD The sim does the "mad scientist" thing. That alone makes it great. But...having mood-boosting items all over the place does make it greater.

If it only stuck with the digital-looking effect on them, I think it'd be better, but the pulsing thing isn't too bad.

The top business one (Power Broker) only works 3 days a week for about 4 hours. He gets random opportunities every several days that either give him a $30-40 /hr raise, or a few thousand $$, or both.

I'm gonna finish the political track soon, so I'll get back to you on what that does.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 12:38 AM
Cloudchaser - My sim could write "articles" as a new writing option while in that career, which helped with job performance. These articles also garnered royalties on Sunday just like novels. I (my sim) quit this job and is now unemployed due to an overabundance of simoleans (mostly from painting). The option to write articles isn't there, it disappeared when I quit. It may be that something came up when I reached the top job that everything I write (novels) in the future will earn more money or be more often successful or something. But I can't remember. I also checked the skill journal and don't see anything there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 12:42 AM
Thanks for checking! I'm sure there's something at the end of that career.

I think my sim's next goal is maxing out in the medical field. Hopefully I'll have something to add from there.
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 12:13 PM
Science - you can perform experiments on things, not sure what it does yet and you get a lab coat and funky spiked hair and dark glasses when you have your work clothes on
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 12:20 PM
ok ran around and experimented on random things.

Mystery Gnome = Visually Appealing
Computer = "who needs a repair tech"
TV = better mood
Game console = positive mood altering
Love seat = Experiment when awry

lol

they seem to be random effects.
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 4:38 PM
Police career will spawn a police car in your inventory somewhere around the 5th level.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andrewhu
Police career will spawn a police car in your inventory somewhere around the 5th level.

Yep, I got the police car. That Sim hasn't reached the top of the law enforcement (forensic branch) yet. Her hubby is in the medical career and HAS reached the top, but I don't notice any rewards per se. I mean, he can tell his wife what the gender of her baby will be when she's preggers, but I fear once he quits, he loses that ability. So I don't really know WHAT his permanent reward for reaching the top of his career is.