Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 11:04 PM
Default To Have a baby girl..
Hi, if you want to have a baby girl.. eat turnip soup.. eat it a few times while pregnant, will drastically increase your chances of having a baby girl. Its not 100% but real close...
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 11:08 PM
I value male heirs, any advice on how to increase chances of having boys?
#3 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 2:53 PM
food affects pregnancy? i mean i heard something about it in ts3 but i wouldn't know cause i cbb with kids.
Instructor
#4 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 4:34 PM
The game code increases chances of having boys by eating apples or food cooked with apples. I'm not sure about the turnip soup for girls, as the code actually says watermelon. I don't believe there are any watermelons in the game, so it's possible that somewhere it becomes turnips, or food made with turnips.
Instructor
#5 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 1:13 AM
Yay! I can't wait to test it out!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 2:05 AM
Its turnips trust me
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 12:52 AM
Hmmm, I wish I'd read this thread when I was having so much trouble getting female heirs. All my sims were having boys without doing anything special.

Now I'm just killing all the children.
Instructor
#8 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 3:53 AM
i almost feel bad killing children off, but it's a facet of medieval life, children died pretty easily.
#9 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
i almost feel bad killing children off, but it's a facet of medieval life, children died pretty easily.

yeah i think in the next adventure pack they should add more ways to kill children off.
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyNewHere
yeah i think in the next adventure pack they should add more ways to kill children off.

yeah, as weird as it is, I always like to make intricate stories, usually which include loved ones dying.. in the sims 2 you could use the "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" cheat to kill off almost any sim, which I LOVED.. but it sucks they don't have anything similar for the sims 3! I just follow some youtube tutorials, like trapping them in a burning room, using "testingcheatsenabled true" and lowering their hungry completely to starve them, or building a wall around the pool to trap them (they can climb out now, btw)....
maybe someone will create an untimely death mod? one can only hope..
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 7:49 PM
LOL....we're a bunch of sick people!

I almost feel bad when all my sims get the "mourning over a loved one" buff when I kill their children. But then I just ctrl-click and put them back in a happy mood and it's as if the child never existed! LOL
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 7:51 PM
actually, Grim's core mod has a murder by option, but I haven't really tested it on anyone....Only on Crone Ghastia. I hate that chick.
#13 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FireBendess
actually, Grim's core mod has a murder by option.

you must really hate kids. thanks for the info :D
Instructor
#14 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 10:45 PM
i use the starvation and poison options the most, they have cool animations!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 12:02 AM
Hehe, I gotta try it.... sounds like TSM equivilant of dexter the bear XD
Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 5:16 AM
ooooh~ i am going to try that
Instructor
#17 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 5:31 AM
Actually, my core also has the Debug option that murder by was based on, so it's bsically obsolete.
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 2:04 PM
Can't say I entirely agree with your findings here... 4 times in a row having a sim eat 8-10 bowls she still wound up with a damned boy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 7:58 PM
Try restarting the game (that is exit TSM and then reload your game) and then get preggo again, thats what I did, Turnip soup works almost every single time, only once has it not worked, then I did what I said above and it worked.
Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 8:06 PM
I've tried that :/
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 6:15 PM
On the subject of killing off unwanted sim: In TS2 I found a machine gun and I would post up the granny in a lawn chair in front of her house. Any trespassers we immediatly added to be backyard graveyard.
For choosing the sex of your child: If you have to "edit in CAS" mod, you can simply change their sex, at least for adults. I have never tried a child, but I assume it would work.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 8:37 AM
I really hope this works! I've had up to 8 boys in a row so girls are starting to get really rare in my Kingdoms. My last King had 5 boys and only one girl. 50% chance? I don't think so.

~~like a dirty dog
#23 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 8:50 PM
50% chance doesn't mean you're guaranteed to have 3 boys and 3 girls.
Instructor
#24 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 9:29 PM
Unless it is mutually exclusive, which pregnancy is not.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Instructor
#25 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 11:03 PM
"If you havin' girl problems, I feel bad for you son! I got 99 problems-" Sorry I couldn't resist! I just keep making babies until I get the son I want and then kill/sell off the girls.