Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Do you need people?
Yes! People are great!
3 11.54%
I need the people often
2 7.69%
I can take people or leave them.
5 19.23%
Sometimes, but I like to be alone.
12 46.15%
I wanna be a Hermit when I grow up!
4 15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 6:15 AM
Default Do YOU need People?
Do you, as an individual and not a hypothetical you, need people? When I was young, I needed to be around other people. Now, I have a dream of the freedom of being on my own and able to live where I want. It might be nice to have friends you invite over for awhile, but who would eventually leave after a few hours. As for being with someone all day long... no, I don't need that.
Not to sound like too much of an unsocial person, but I have found I don't attract or cultivate the kind of people I want to be around. What do I mean by that? Um... I get used a lot. Kinda tired of it.

Sims are better than us.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 12:59 PM
I prefer to be alone (I've got issues with too much noise, and I get tired easily when I'm around people), but sometimes it's nice with some company. At home I'm probably percieved as a very unsocial person, but that's because I spend most of my "social" time at work. When I get home I'm exhausted, and prefer to sit in a quiet corner with my laptop as my only company.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 1:34 PM
I've never attracted many of the people I'd enjoy being around either. And I don't know if it's just the trashy gothic way I dress, or if it's some form of existential energy that which is beyond my control. It's not as if I hate humanity or social interactions, just I tend to get very tired quickly and I also don't often find people that share any of my interests so I default to being indifferent toward the subject. I've never been one for needing social interactions. Wasn't when I was a child, and I'm still not to this day. I just have a very lone wolf personality.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 1:48 PM
I don't think I necessarily need people all that much. I'm not hugely social, and although I do enjoy being around people - I can also find it incredibly tiresome and I get anxious easily. On my days off, I'm almost always alone (or with my partner) because I'm around people for a whole 12 hours a day at work and I feel like that's as much social interaction as I need. I also have a bit of difficulty attaching to people. Either they completely get me and I highly value our friendship, or they don't and I don't bother connecting with them further. I'm also not one for letting things go. I find it kinda odd that coworkers bitch about each other, but are then friends the next week. Maybe I'm not a very forgiving person.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 3:31 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 15th Mar 2019 at 1:56 AM. Reason: Clarity and grammar
I have to say my situation leaves me no choice but to need people. I find myself unable to do normal things due to physical and mental illness or issues and therefore, although the medicine helps, it becomes harder to become independent. I'm not lazy. I'm a heavily medicated patient who is trying to get a handle on the situation now that my father is able to drive me again. My problem is mostly I rely on family to help with my life. I worry more about being unable to make reliance on other people just one of the options I have. Right now, it's not an option for me.

However, wanting people is nice. I'm left alone regularly, get bored and lack inspiration for anything worth drawing. One of the big goals is finding someone who will love me for all that makes me the person who I am.

I guess this is why I tend to dream of men with personable attitudes and nice guy track records where even if they screwed up, they own up as part of the human experience.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#6 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
One of the big goals is finding someone who will love me for all that makes me the person who I am.

Good luck with that. You may not agree, but you aren't much different than I am, and I believe it's not possible for someone to love me so I hope your chances are better than mine and that you can find someone that can accept you for who you are.

As for me, I need people but at the same time I feel like I shouldn't be around people. All my life I've been dependent on others for pretty much everything, which includes my happiness, but I'm at a stage in life now where I don't want to burden anyone with my stupid problems and negative thoughts so I'm considering distancing myself from all people and just rotting away alone like I know I'm going to anyway.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 4:59 PM
A large portion of the Sims community are what's known as loners... so, yeah, I'm one of those. Being around a lot - and to me, 3 can be a lot - of people is noisy. It's exhausting. It gives me a headache and makes me want to slam someone's head in a door (not my own, I happen to like mine the way it is). That said, yes I do need people. Everyone needs people, humans aren't meant to be solitary creatures... don't let anyone fool you. I wasn't always like this though. I've never been a "social butterfly" or "the life of the party" but I used to be happy enough being out and about with others as long as I got some "me time" now and then. Now I'd be perfectly happy with 98% "me time".

A huge shout out to my boys - who are well aware that Mom might abruptly put an end to any and all fun stuff with no warning.. and still love me just the way I am. (God I love those boys of mine!)
Field Researcher
#8 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 7:37 PM
I'm a really over the top, loud, outgoing person and I can kind of make friends anywhere I go.

I'm just good with people.
Instructor
#9 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 9:29 PM
i like having people come over especially my own friends but i also like to spend the time alone,
like going to places i used to be even though i have flashbacks and dejavu's at some times
Mad Poster
#10 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 6:44 PM
Currently going through pre-op for an implant in a couple weeks and I am so going to rely on my family.

I have a number of surgical procedures ahead of me and unfortunately, this is the time I will be needing people's help.

Either way, you can bet I am nervous. The implant has a success\failure of 50/50 in terms of working or not. Unfortunately, this implant MUST work. It's my last resort. I'm not at will to discuss what it does exactly, but it works with nerves in my body.

Then, once I get the results...more surgery, dental to be exact.

Then endocrinologist and contrast of my kidneys and liver.

After that, that should be about it in terms of fixing my broken body. Then it's a matter of my brain.

So I will be in the care of a ton of people. I need these skilled people to fix my broken body.

Actually, due to my health, not only do I have to rely on my family, but the various medical and mental staff members within my network.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Instructor
#11 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 11:22 PM
can you maybe make a poll about going outside?

i tried making them but i didn't make a poll, i made a topic instead (i deleted it right after i found out i didn't maked a poll about that)

the poll should be -----> are you going outside?

then you can click on *quite often/Always* *sometimes* *once in a while* or *no never*

you can Always click on agree, disagree, helpful, funny and love when someone make a comment/reply here
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 5:14 PM Last edited by edulofter : 23rd Mar 2020 at 2:39 PM.
I like reading. I am a quiet person. I am always alone.
But I like this state very much.
I also occasionally have dinner with friends, but there are very few such opportunities.

PIC @NETPNG
Scholar
#13 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 12:16 PM
Meh people are alright, unless they're twats then I don't like them. Being alone isn't bad either. Not sure I'd want to live alone in the middle of nowhere with out any people though. Would I still get to whatsapp people regularly or not? Cos that would make things slightly better, but I'd rather not be alone like that with only my phone for company.
Space Pony
#14 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 10:17 AM
I would like to say I can go without them but I need them at times.

Dag-Dag
Field Researcher
#15 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 4:19 AM
Mostly, I am a loner. Mainly because I'm such an introvert that black hole pic was actually my latest selfie. Yeah, no, really. XD People exhaust me, for lack of a better word.

HOWEVER, there are those times that I want to spend time with people, and MY people especially. I had my ADF meeting this Sunday, and it was great to be with my grovies in a non-ritual setting. I do cherish the friends I have, and they understand that I will sometimes have to leave early because of overwhelming peopley-ness.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13