Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 7:49 PM
Default FYI uptdated to 2.0 with new patch.
After updating I had to reactivate it by entering the code. Played a little bit the graphics seem crisper.

Update 2.0 Notes (Release Date: 8/2).
by The Sims Medieval on Tuesday, August 2, 2011 at 4:16pm
• New Feature: Move Out Children – Send children on adventures to make room for more children in your household.

• New Feature: Un-Furnished Buildings – Can choose between furnished and un-furnished lots when placing a Hero Sim’s building in your kingdom.

• New Feature: Create-A-Sim Makeup.

• New Feature: Children’s clothing can be changed in CAS.

• New Object: Chess Table.

• Bug Fix: CAS Performance – It takes several minutes to load the thumbnails from the "View Sims" folder in CAS.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 7:57 PM
I can't wait, but I probably will.
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 9:05 PM
YEa, DL'd the patch and had an install error. Now I can't uninstall the game.
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 10:29 PM
Had to manually uninstall the game to reinstall it. The new reinstall didn't even pick up my old saved games or achievements. Well, it reads the saved games, but the completed ambitions are locked still. All that work down the drain.
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 11:03 PM
I'm gonna wait until all my mods are patch-safe and/or are updated for the new patch before getting it.
Instructor
#6 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 12:08 AM
Mod Safety
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
I'm gonna wait until all my mods are patch-safe and/or are updated for the new patch before getting it.

Agreed.

Though this patch does look... ok.
Instructor
#7 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 12:59 AM
I have no problems with the patch, so I'll be updating ASAP.

On the plus side this patch actually fixes some problems I've had since day 2, so I'm happy.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 1:18 AM
Mods that work for me so far...

NRass NoCD Medieval
MTS_TummyZa_1189854_TSM_Hairy_maleskin_test_tummyza
The_Sims_Medieval_-_NoMosaic_1.1.10.package
Medieval_Female_Skins.package

Not sure yet....

BetterPatrols10.package
MTS_Simmodder99_1207931_Simmodder99_TSM_Civilized_NoAutoSwordfighting
Scholar
#9 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 1:52 AM
Default privacy
I took the plunge, and installed the patch, was a little nervous after reading about other people having problems with it. I got an initial error after restarting my computer, but it was nothing more than being unable to re-open the TSM launcher on start up. Everything works fine *phew*

Wanted to say for those that haven't updated and those that maybe haven't noticed yet, if you click on the ground in any room you can now set privacy options. There are 4 to pick from....
make public
just for the owner
just for the family
just for the household
it's for any room including the throne room.

Off to test my mods one by one now, thanks to yeabil for posting what he's found still works

Also wanted to say to yeabil that my game has always run without the cd, I don't have a nocd mod. Is there a difference between game versions? I have the collectors edition.
Scholar
#10 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yeabil
Mods that work for me so far...

NRass NoCD Medieval
MTS_TummyZa_1189854_TSM_Hairy_maleskin_test_tummyza
The_Sims_Medieval_-_NoMosaic_1.1.10.package
Medieval_Female_Skins.package

Not sure yet....

BetterPatrols10.package

What also still works
Shimrods castle and wizard/doctor textures for shells
shimrods no moss
shimrods tower no holes
shimrods no grime
Shimrods TSM No Sleepwear

I need to put in my various clothing unlockers next as some of my sims are just floating heads now LOL
Scholar
#11 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:50 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 4th Aug 2011 at 3:50 AM. Reason: adding info
Quote: Originally posted by yeabil
Not sure yet....

BetterPatrols10.package

I'm using better patrols 100 from Arglaar's better patrols version 2, and it stops them being able to patrol to anywhere at all. You still get the option to patrol forest, and patrol the highseas, but the option to patrol to any territory disappears with the mod in.
Simmodder99's 'Enhanced Wizard Meditation', stops the wizard from being able to meditate at all
Simmodder99's 'wizard easy spells' stops the wizard from being able to teleport

But...
the clothing unlockers still work. I've been through all of them except the wings, and the knights helms because I forgot, but the knights, rogue, wounded, singed, guards infantry and grim reaper unlocked outfits all work, as do vidovs nude clothing for male and female.
Also Shimrods oatmealgoop replacement texture.....but I wouldn't imagine there'd be a problem with unlocked outfits and texture changes anyway, I don't mod so I don't really know if this info is relevant.
Simmodder99's 'no auto swordfighting' seems to be working fine
Also Simmodder99's 'silence no petitioning the monarch' seems to work fine too, I have the monarch playing without responsibilities so I don't know if the added part to stop the 'hold court' responsibility will still work.
Shimrod's cameras still work
Simmodder99's populous increase still appears to work, I made a new kingdom to check they all spawn properly, haven't tested it much further than this though
Shimrod's legendary traits v2 still seems to work
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 4:54 AM
I'm not sure what changed, but the game requires a cd to play for me. That's odd because I never used a no cd, but the game didn't require the cd before.
Theorist
#13 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 6:07 AM
I didn't know there's a new patch, thanks for the heads up.
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 6:07 AM
Hmm... none of my mods work anymore, causes the game to hang and not completely load.
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 3:22 PM
Chickie said:
Quote:
Also wanted to say to yeabil that my game has always run without the cd, I don't have a nocd mod. Is there a difference between game versions? I have the collectors edition.

This is interesting. I've got the LE, and it always asks for the CD. Most annoying.

Could someone please post here how to back up to the previous patch if one doesn't like the current patch? I'm using 1.13 and am leery of installing the new patch, even tho it sounds like they've added some nice things/fixed some not-so-nice things.

Thanks! :lovestruc
Scholar
#16 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scorpiovaeden
Hmm... none of my mods work anymore, causes the game to hang and not completely load.

I removed the mods folder and resource.cfg before I installed the patch, loaded the game fresh, then closed it, and started adding stuff back gradually.
Even the mods that are broken didn't interfere with the running and general playing of the game.
It's most likely a specific mod that's causing your problem. Are you using a core mod? I'd remove that first if you are.
Try putting your mods back in gradually, and you should find which one is making it hang.
I've put up a list of what still works for me, as has yeabil, which should hopefully help you narrow down where your problem lies.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 6:34 PM
debugenabler appears to have caused a crash on loading. Went away when I took it out.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 9:02 PM
The Debug Enabler and the Dynamic Professions mods both prevent my game from starting/loading. Disaster has struck...

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
#19 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 9:38 PM
Default Interaction Injectors not working in 2.0
Warning

New patch doesn't seem to work with any mod that add an interaction.

What I've found with Dynamic Professions, like pretty much all of my mods, is it stalls when you try to load or start a game. It seems EA has changed something, and any mod which adds an interaction will cause the same stall. I have been trying several ways to bypass this, but I haven't cracked it yet. If you happen to find a mod which does add an interaction, and still works with the new patch let me know.

Note
DebugEnabler is a core mod so it will cause the game to stall, generally before the main menu.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 11:22 PM Last edited by Lerf1950 : 5th Aug 2011 at 3:03 AM.
In my case debugenabler caused a CTD. (I wouldn't have had it in the game at all, since I figured it was a patch-sensitive mod, but it accidentally got put in when I moved a bunch of pattern files back into the game.)

BTW, did anyone else get told that they'd just installed Pirates and Nobles when the game started up the first time after installing the patch?
Test Subject
#21 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 7:19 AM
Default Prepping for patch
I've heard that some people have lost their saved games, saved sims, achievements, etc. Could someone be so kind as to put out all the info that should be backed up and saved before patching, and then added back in? I'm used to the process in Sims 2, but not in Sims 3.

I'm simply assuming that disabling testing cheats and removing all mods before patching is a standard good thing to do.
Test Subject
#22 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lerf1950
BTW, did anyone else get told that they'd just installed Pirates and Nobles when the game started up the first time after installing the patch?

Yes. It's starting to look like this patch is a disaster. Check out my thread here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post3603461
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 3:19 PM Last edited by Man1968 : 5th Aug 2011 at 3:21 PM. Reason: Add information
professorbutters:
All I did was remove the whole Mods folder and the Resource.cfg file and placed both on the desktop during installation of the patch. When the installation was complete, I returned them to their places, after emptying the package folder, and began to return all my mods one by one to the same folder, to test the game. All the mods yeabil mentions above work well (except Nocd which I don't have) and also, unlike many other posters, the DebugEnabler also works without any problem. Simmodder99 TSM_Civilized_NoAutoSwordfighting and ShimrodsMedievalNoPregnancy probably work too because I have not seen any pregnancy of fight, but I am not sure, since I have only played off and on for two days. Never had a crash. The only mod I had and did not reinstalled was Grim's Medieval Core, but I'm loking forward to its update.

Also, all the texture mods, as would be expected, have no problem.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by professorbutters
Could someone be so kind as to put out all the info that should be backed up and saved before patching

To protect save games, saved sims etc. I backup the entirety of The Sims Medieval folder in the My Docs\Electronic Arts. All of the save games and everything else are in there; I don't remove this, and then replace it after installing; I install a patch with everything there in place; keep this backup copy in case something happens.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Theorist
#25 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 3:54 PM
Looks like the new patch broke most mods, I wonder if it broke mine... haven't got the time to try the game.
Page 1 of 2