Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 8:49 AM
Default I Found It! Permanent Cure for Fat!
Ok, so you know how we've all been frustrated with the fact that so many of the Sims in Medieval are fat and despite editing them in CAS, they still go right back to being fat?

Well I accidentally came across the cure for this! Tonight while playing, I decided to age up my Monarch's son. But when he was an adult, I was disappointed that he grew up fat. (really fat) So I was trying to decide whether or not to kill him (and let the monarch have more children) or just make do with him and try to make him look as "royal" as possible. I decided to try and edit him in CAS (using Grim's mod) and see what I could do with him. I didn't bother to edit his weight since that always resets back to fat anyway, so I edited his face and tried to make him appear thinner and then put him in black clothes. (women know that black clothing always makes you appear thinner...LOL) Using Grim's mod again, I decided to go ahead and give him a Legendary Trait and I chose Herculean.

Imagine my surprise when he suddenly became thin and good-looking! I went back into CAS just to see what happened exactly and noticed that his weight was all the way at the thin side and his strength was all the way at the strongest side!

It makes sense really. A sim who is Herculean has to be strong and in good shape. I guess now I won't have to kill anymore of my children when they grow into fat adults. I can just make them Herculean and they'll be perfect!

I was SO excited about this that I just had to share my discovery with all of you. Oh and if you aren't using the mod and just have a fat hero you want to make thin and strong, just do a quest that has a LT available and then choose Herculean.

(and if any of you already knew this......you shoulda shared it with the rest of us)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 9:10 AM
Wicked Awesome! But this means I cannot assassinate my fat subjects/hero children who grow up fat. i have no more excuses!!!!
#3 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 12:49 PM
that's nothing new... i've been using the herculean trait for some time now. it doesn't prevent the body shape from reverting it, just reverts it to thin instead of fat...

not really a solution if you're a perfectionist a****** like me :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
Wicked Awesome! But this means I cannot assassinate my fat subjects/hero children who grow up fat. i have no more excuses!!!!

LOL....I suppose you can still find other reasons to kill them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyNewHere
that's nothing new... i've been using the herculean trait for some time now. it doesn't prevent the body shape from reverting it, just reverts it to thin instead of fat...

not really a solution if you're a perfectionist a****** like me :P

What do you mean it "doesn't prevent the body shape from reverting?" If you have a fat sim, it will make them thin and strong permanently. I don't know of any real way to change their actual body shape other than fat/thin and weak/strong. (unless you're using some of the mods that can make the sims taller or their breasts bigger)

And if you already knew about it, why haven't you said anything? There's been a lot of us here killing off our fat sims because there didn't seem to be a way to fix them.
#6 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 5:14 PM
because you didn't ask XD

anyway, what i meant is that when i make my sims i don't make 'em perfectly fat or perfectly fit, some are a little fat and a little muscly, others are average in both ways etc... herculean trail = sims always have zero fat and 100% muscle, basically they all look the same, like in TS2...
Instructor
#7 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 1:46 AM
all of my sims start off as super tall willowy elves/demons. their children always end up fat.
#8 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 12:38 PM
all of my sims start off as super tall willowy elves/demons. their children always end up fat.

stop taking them to eat at McCrappy's then X_X
Instructor
#9 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 3:12 AM
but it's sooo good! my sims love processed rat burgers!
#10 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 12:01 PM
dead rats. don't forget that part.
Instructor
#11 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 8:59 PM
as if I would ever! can't wait to feed my monarch's ex husband a rabid chinchilla burger
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 1:00 AM

I kill the ugly ones. Sometimes attractive + attractive = WTF!
Instructor
#13 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 2:46 AM
I know right! It's like, I hand picked your genes, HTF did you come out looking like that, your parents are literally the same person in two different professions!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NicksGirl85
I kill the ugly ones. Sometimes attractive + attractive = WTF!

LMAO! So true!

I really wish the genetics worked better in Medieval like they do in S3. I've had a few of my children grow up to look similar to their parents....but not always. Although, I guess it can be like that in real life. Sometimes, attractive parents don't always make pretty kids. And sometimes, the least attractive parents around will have beautiful children. Makes you think.....hmm....who woulda thought THOSE genes would make THAT?
Instructor
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 12:36 AM
Ah fudge! I read this and thought you were sharing a revolutionary new diet! or something like that...in real life not the Sims!

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 8:09 AM
What is the big deal about pretend people and their pretend fat?

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Instructor
#17 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 9:06 AM
because it's a fantasy and a fantasy is an escape from reality! Also, having some problem to focus on helps with the lack of excitement this game creates after you finish all the ambitions.
#18 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 12:29 PM
because it's a fantasy and a fantasy is an escape from reality! Also, having some problem to focus on helps with the lack of excitement this game creates after you finish all the ambitions.

what he said.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 1:18 PM

Umm, OK. Not really feelin it. But hey, you bought it, so it's your right to get whatever you can out of it.

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 11:48 PM
OMG I think that answers to one of my problems.... My king keeps on loosing weight and I don't want him to be "that" thin. Now I remember when it started: after he got the legendary trait! Wow I think I know how to solve that now! Thank you!!
#21 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 10:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by geistiona
OMG I think that answers to one of my problems.... My king keeps on loosing weight and I don't want him to be "that" thin. Now I remember when it started: after he got the legendary trait! Wow I think I know how to solve that now! Thank you!!

yeah it's stupid really. any chance someone can fix the Herculean trait? I mean who the **** wants and anorexic Knight?
Instructor
#22 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 2:58 PM
with teh addition of the execute by sword mod, and the discovery of how to keep a sim thin, I'm pretty pleased with this game as of right now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 12:42 AM
with teh addition of the execute by sword mod, and the discovery of how to keep a sim thin, I'm pretty pleased with this game as of right now.

Haha....me too! I've even made several of the fat NPCs have the Herculean trait so that they wouldn't be fat anymore. Pretty soon, I hope to have a very fit kingdom!

Quote: Originally posted by ladyskye
Umm, OK. Not really feelin it. But hey, you bought it, so it's your right to get whatever you can out of it.

I sorta wonder why you'd even post in this thread then if you don't play the game and don't like it?
Instructor
#24 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 1:14 AM
I've started making the Officiator marry one of my hero sims, it takes a while before he physically shows up in the game, but until he does he can still father children. Divine little Monsters :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 1:54 AM
I've started making the Officiator marry one of my hero sims, it takes a while before he physically shows up in the game, but until he does he can still father children. Divine little Monsters :D

Are you talking about the guy that comes down from the sky and marries people? How do you get him into your game? He usually just goes back up to the sky after the wedding.
Page 1 of 2