Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 3:28 AM Last edited by Simmiller : 3rd Sep 2018 at 3:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simfan432
Is it possible use this tool to fix/update careers made by creators who are no longer active?

Hi there! All technical questions should be addressed to the Creator of the tool. You can reach Neia on here or on the tool forum, which is linked from the tool itself.

I'm sorry I don't have the technical knowledge to answer these kinds of questions, but Neia is usually swift to help out on the forum However, I'm fairly certain there is no way to import a career into the tool. You would have to use an XML editor in conjunction with either or both s4pe and Sims4Studio. That is beyond my capabilities at the moment, figuring which codes need to be fixed. It may also have something to do with the ts4script files, so my best advice is instead of updating someone else's career, it would be far easier to recreate it. Remember if you're planning to upload a career that you've recreated an updated version for, that you follow the guidelines for Updates and Remixes.

I can really only answer questions about the procedure of creating a career, and not about the tool itself or the programs used in the process. I am happy to see others helping out, though! My thanks to all of you
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 9:37 AM
Hello! Thank you for this tutorial!
I'm wondering if I want to make the same career track but for base game only players AND a separate one for seasons players - can I use the same names on the create-a-career but different skill objectives? Or what's the best way to go about that?
Test Subject
#28 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 3:01 PM
Thank you so much for this tutorial. I made an account specifically to thank you. I followed the instructions and was able to make my own Professional Wrestling Career and it works in the game! I've never been able to mod anything before, so this was really exciting!
Test Subject
#29 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 7:28 AM
Hi, thank you so much for explaining this so well♡ I have a doubt; the thing is I play on a Mac, so, would it work fine if I create a career on a Windows and then transfer the files to my Mac?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by julcyfruit
Hello! Thank you for this tutorial!
I'm wondering if I want to make the same career track but for base game only players AND a separate one for seasons players - can I use the same names on the create-a-career but different skill objectives? Or what's the best way to go about that?

Yes, you can do that!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anakitia
Thank you so much for this tutorial. I made an account specifically to thank you. I followed the instructions and was able to make my own Professional Wrestling Career and it works in the game! I've never been able to mod anything before, so this was really exciting!

Aw, thank you so much! And you're welcome :lovestruc
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaspberry
Hi, thank you so much for explaining this so well♡ I have a doubt; the thing is I play on a Mac, so, would it work fine if I create a career on a Windows and then transfer the files to my Mac?

Thanks! I'm glad to be of help with the tutorial itself, but I'm afraid I don't have that answer. As this is a technical question, you're better off asking the creator of the tool

One answer Neia gave on the forum for her tool was this, but it was back in March, so I don't know if it's still current: "The tool works for both, and Python should work too, but I don't know if you can create .package on a Mac."

I realize that doesn't specifically answer your question, so I still suggest going straight to Neia either on here or the tool forum and asking them

Good luck! And feel free to post here if you get an answer or figure it out, as I'm sure there may be others with the same query
Test Subject
#33 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 3:17 AM
Is there any current way to create gender specific titles or descriptions for each career?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spiralqq
Is there any current way to create gender specific titles or descriptions for each career?

Yes, there is. For male you use {M0.text} and female {F0.text} . Those are zeroes, and you use those special brackets using your SHIFT key plus [ or ]. I've never personally used this, so I'm going by others' creations, but it seems to work for them

Example:
{M0.Waiter}{F0.Waitress} at Sim's Sandwiches
Test Subject
#35 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 7:45 PM
Good time. I have a problem. I created a career "Footballer". Career begins with the step "Career football" (Tracks - Main track). She goes four supeny, after which, as planned, the player has four options for continuing a career (Tracks - Branch).

0. Football player (4 stage)
(Right to choose)
1. Player - (7 stage)
2. Coach - (7 stage)
3. Manager - (7 stage)
4. Club owner - (7 stage)

As planned, the player starts a football player, and after the fourth step he has the right to choose whom to become.
But, for some reason, a career begins immediately from the “Manager” stage, bypassing the first four stages in a football player’s career.
What could be the problem?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sim_sko
Good time. I have a problem. I created a career "Footballer". Career begins with the step "Career football" (Tracks - Main track). She goes four supeny, after which, as planned, the player has four options for continuing a career (Tracks - Branch).

0. Football player (4 stage)
(Right to choose)
1. Player - (7 stage)
2. Coach - (7 stage)
3. Manager - (7 stage)
4. Club owner - (7 stage)

As planned, the player starts a football player, and after the fourth step he has the right to choose whom to become.
But, for some reason, a career begins immediately from the “Manager” stage, bypassing the first four stages in a football player’s career.
What could be the problem?

@sim_sko
I can only suggest that you double check all your text in the Create-a-Career tool to check that you only have letter, number, and punctuation characters. Anything else sometimes causes careers not to work correctly.

The other thing, and this is far more likely, is that the tool needs to be updated since the latest patch and EP release, so I would caution people to wait for Neia to complete the update before creating new careers
Test Subject
#37 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 8:43 PM
Thanks! I ve been looking for this option. Gonna try it out.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 3:03 PM
Can someone help me? I'd like to know what is the PTO and the Performance pattern of career growth of the game. I wanted her to be like as possible to the default of careers of the game, and make my carrer to stay a "balanced career" like the maxis version.

Ex: My career in WIP is 10 level (with 2 tracks). But which basis of performance does it begin? 60 accurate? And in the tracks because from 60 to 10 would be up to 6, within the tracks how does it work?

Ex: Is's like this?

Level 1 - 60
L2 - 55
L3 - 50
L4 - 45
L5 40
L6 35
L7 30
L8 25
L9 20
L10 15... ?

Thanks.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hayran
Can someone help me? I'd like to know what is the PTO and the Performance pattern of career growth of the game. I wanted her to be like as possible to the default of careers of the game, and make my carrer to stay a "balanced career" like the maxis version.

Ex: My career in WIP is 10 level (with 2 tracks). But which basis of performance does it begin? 60 accurate? And in the tracks because from 60 to 10 would be up to 6, within the tracks how does it work?

Level 1 - 60
L2 - 55
L3 - 50
L4 - 45
L5 40
L6 35
L7 30
L8 25
L9 20
L10 15... ?

Thanks.

I don't know if anyone has actually gone in to see what the actual accrual rates are for PTO, tbh, as I can't seem to find it anywhere, myself.
What you have going there looks right, as far as how fast/slow the levels progress, but again, I don't think these rates have been officially published.

One thing you can do for research purposes is go through the career tuning files using Sims4Studio's extract tuning tool. It will be a long process, though, to find the amounts for each career level. If you're really wanting to match the game, that's the best way to find out, as far as I know
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 3:37 AM
Thanks @Simmiller for the help... About PTO, Do you have any recommended settings? I wanted to know how to better define it, I'd like to making it balanced (not too much easy, but not difficult) like the careers from sims 4... My work have 10 tracks... The 0.2 PTO start is more easy to get a PTO or more hard? I need the parameters ... Thanks.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 6:48 PM
Thanks @Simmiller for the help... About PTO, Do you have any recommended settings? I wanted to know how to better define it, I'd like to making it balanced (not too much easy, but not difficult) like the careers from sims 4... My work have 10 tracks... The 0.2 PTO start is more easy to get a PTO or more hard? I need the parameters ... Thanks.

@Hayran

I sent you this response, but I wanted to share it here so that others will have the same information:

So, a setting of 0.2 for PTO means for every day your sim works, they will earn 0.2 days off. So, it will take 5 working days to earn one full day off. A PTO of 0.5 will earn half a day off for every day worked, and a PTO of 1.0 means your sim will earn one full paid day off for every day worked.

I suggest that the PTO reflect the job. So, a high powered, high paying job might earn a lot more time off as time goes by. A very low paying job, with short hours might earn a lot less time off. So, as the Paid Time Off increases, your numbers get bigger.

For example, and please understand I'm not being discriminatory but basing my views on what I've seen in real life, a waitress will earn less time off than a CEO, so their PTO numbers will be lower. You might start with 0.1 and end up at the end of the career cycle earning 0.3, for a waitress. A CEO might start earning 0.25 and finishing with 0.5. It's all your own personal choice, but we do look for it being somewhat realistic, when moderating careers that have been uploaded.

I hope that helps!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
@Simmiller

It's exactly something I'm looking for, I'd like sim in the lowest position on the career to earn less PTO, and the game system works a little that way. Even because in the game the promotion comes as a reward for hard work with your sim. But about the values I understood, now I do not understand how this PTO be applied:

For exemple the waitress (of bartender career [imagine], used your exemple), stats the cicle with 0.1 right? And I put in the tool for Neia "0.1" in PTO... But how does it end in 0.3? The game define it? And I did not understand how in the PTO works in a CEO [level10] starts high [0.25] and ends low [0.5], should not this increase as well as the waitress? For exemple, waitress level 1 start 0.1 and end 0.3, the senior waitress master [level 5] start 0.5 and end 0.6 and CEO star 0.25 and end 0.50 no?

Well, it's complicated for me understand, maybe, because of the language barrier x:

I want to set up in a way that low level (lv 1 to 6) earns little PTO (example 0.2 5 days working = 1 PTO) and high level (lv 7 to 10) earns half PTO (0.4 = 3 days working = 1 PTO).

thanks for your patience.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 7:32 PM
It's exactly something I'm looking for, I'd like sim in the lowest position on the career to earn less PTO, and the game system works a little that way. Even because in the game the promotion comes as a reward for hard work with your sim. But about the values I understood, now I do not understand how this PTO be applied:

For exemple the waitress (of bartender career [imagine], used your exemple), stats the cicle with 0.1 right? And I put in the tool for Neia "0.1" in PTO... But how does it end in 0.3? The game define it? And I did not understand how in the PTO works in a CEO [level10] starts high [0.25] and ends low [0.5], should not this increase as well as the waitress? For exemple, waitress level 1 start 0.1 and end 0.3, the senior waitress master [level 5] start 0.5 and end 0.6 and CEO star 0.25 and end 0.50 no?

Well, it's complicated for me understand, maybe, because of the language barrier x:

I want to set up in a way that low level (lv 1 to 6) earns little PTO (example 0.2 5 days working = 1 PTO) and high level (lv 7 to 10) earns half PTO (0.4 = 3 days working = 1 PTO).

thanks for your patience.

@Hayran
You should be able to define each level of your career separately. If you go back into the tutorial, look at Step 7, picture 4. You see "PTO per day" as one of the options. Whatever you fill in here affects only the current level you are editing. You have to do this for each level, the information does not carry over between levels
Test Subject
#44 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 7:35 PM
Default Manually updating custom careers that are unpaid after the patch
So I don't know where to share this knowledge of mine to make most people see it, but as we know a lot of the custom careers made with this tool are currently broken in terms of being suddenly unpaid.
Well, I dug through the packages of the updated ones and the packages of the broken ones, and I found out how to sorta fix this manually.

You need Sims 4 Studio for this! I'm not gonna explain in-depth how to use that tool. You also need the most up to date version of Neia's Common package. It's downloadable on this page: http://www.simneia.fr/help.html Put it into your Mods folder, deleting the version you already have there beforehand.

These are the steps to make your sims receive their paycheck again:
1. Exit The Sims. Locate the career package in your Mods folder - open the career package in S4S.
2. You should see the XML files.
3. Click at the ones that say Type "Career Level Tuning".
4. Look at the code on the right. Scroll down until you find a line that looks something like this:
Code:
<T n="simoleons_per_hour">85</T>
The number is going to be different for every career level.
5. Indent the line by pressing the TAB key on your keyboard once.
6. Before this line, make a new line and type/paste:
Code:
<V t="simoleons_per_hour" n="pay_type">

7. After the line, make another new line and type/paste:
Code:
</V>

8. Check the attached image to make sure your new lines look like it (with a different number, of course).
9. Repeat this for every entry of the Career Level Tuning type. There will be one for every career level of every branch. Yep, I know. Time-consuming. But you love your Sims, don't you?
10. Save the package. Done! Enjoy your reclaimed pay.

Important note: When you go into the screen where you pick your career, it will still show up as "Unpaid". But this is just a visual bug. If you actually choose the career, it will show the correct pay and your Sim will receive it when they go to work.

You're welcome!
Screenshots
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 8:05 PM

Level 1 - 60
L2 - 55
L3 - 50
L4 - 45
L5 40
L6 35
L7 30
L8 25
L9 20
L10 15... ?

Thanks.

@Hayran

I'm sorry, I just realized you asked this question as well, about performance. That number dictates how quickly each level passes, and is applied to each level separately. The numbers here go from larger at the beginning to smaller at the end. The higher numbers indicate a faster speed, so the levels are completed more quickly. The lower numbers mean a slower speed, so they take longer. Your numbers look accurate, though! That is basically how I would do it to have a career move like the ones in the game
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by artystanks
So I don't know where to share this knowledge of mine to make most people see it, but as we know a lot of the custom careers made with this tool are currently broken in terms of being suddenly unpaid.
Well, I dug through the packages of the updated ones and the packages of the broken ones, and I found out how to sorta fix this manually.

You need Sims 4 Studio for this! I'm not gonna explain in-depth how to use that tool. You also need the most up to date version of Neia's Common package. It's downloadable on this page: http://www.simneia.fr/help.html Put it into your Mods folder, deleting the version you already have there beforehand.

These are the steps to make your sims receive their paycheck again:
1. Exit The Sims. Locate the career package in your Mods folder - open the career package in S4S.
2. You should see the XML files.
3. Click at the ones that say Type "Career Level Tuning".
4. Look at the code on the right. Scroll down until you find a line that looks something like this:
Code:
<T n="simoleons_per_hour">85</T>
The number is going to be different for every career level.
5. Indent the line by pressing the TAB key on your keyboard once.
6. Before this line, make a new line and type/paste:
Code:
<V t="simoleons_per_hour" n="pay_type">

7. After the line, make another new line and type/paste:
Code:
</V>

8. Check the attached image to make sure your new lines look like it (with a different number, of course).
9. Repeat this for every entry of the Career Level Tuning type. There will be one for every career level of every branch. Yep, I know. Time-consuming. But you love your Sims, don't you?
10. Save the package. Done! Enjoy your reclaimed pay.

Important note: When you go into the screen where you pick your career, it will still show up as "Unpaid". But this is just a visual bug. If you actually choose the career, it will show the correct pay and your Sim will receive it when they go to work.

You're welcome!

Thank you @artystanks for the information! It's always good to know how to fix things on our own

Usually, you need to use the Create-a-Career tool to re-export your careers, making a new .package and .ts4script file, which will also update your current Neia_Careers_Commons.package file, to get everything hunky dory again. Neia usually updates the tool as well as the Commons file when there's a major update to the game. Doing so should alleviate the need to manually alter the files, and you should see the payment amounts. You have to remember to also remove your old .package and .ts4script files for your new ones to work (another error I personally made which still showed me not getting paid despite all my other efforts )

However, that being said, I did have to re-put my English text files (STBL) into my .package usings S4S, but only for one of my two careers, but I think that had to do with a previous update erasing text.

But, this is grand information and I hope it helps people who want to go this route!

Thank you, again :lovestruc
Test Subject
#47 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 2:09 AM Last edited by mitsuramos20 : 4th Jan 2019 at 3:08 AM.
Woot! It took awhile to figure out what I was doing wrong, I forgot to add the .package file along with the other two files lol thank you so much for your help!
Test Subject
#48 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 9:28 PM Last edited by almasy87 : 5th Feb 2019 at 12:32 PM.
Hi!
Sorry for maybe a stupid question.
I tried to follow this, however I am a bit lost on how exactly the branches work.

Correct me if I am wrong, I was under the impression that you could make something like.. 7 levels in the main branch, and then add different career paths/branches with other 3 levels each for the sims to further continue their climbing of the ladder.

Not sure where I went wrong but, I tested my career in game and in the first level it said "next promotion X and Y" which were the branches I was planning them to be able to go into after lvl 7. The sims got promoted but the tooltip had no text. It said "promoted to ", and now as next promotion it gives me what actually should be my level 2...

So basically there's an extra level in between lvl 1 and 2 which is not reflected in the stuff I see in the tool. I don't see that level anywhere, and it looks like it's linked to the branches?

I cheated my way up to lvl 7 and after that I can pick a branch normally and continue which is great. But that "ghost branch" career lvl between 1 and 2 haunts me, lol.

What can I check to remove it?

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 11:48 PM
Hi there just wondering if anyone can help? I've made a career using tool and its works for YoungAdults but no other ones . Ive spent two days trying to see what I have done wrong .. Ive change the text line added child teen young adult adult and elder they can all get the job but only young Adult will leave the house all others stay there, Phone rings.. I click on go to work and nothing happens > please can someone help me I would be so greatfull thank you
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 5th Feb 2019 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nickyclem1
Hi there just wondering if anyone can help? I've made a career using tool and its works for YoungAdults but no other ones . Ive spent two days trying to see what I have done wrong .. Ive change the text line added child teen young adult adult and elder they can all get the job but only young Adult will leave the house all others stay there, Phone rings.. I click on go to work and nothing happens > please can someone help me I would be so greatfull thank you

My thoughts are there's a possible conflict with another mod somehow, or maybe adding child as a potential job user is the culprit, and may conflict with a possible required skill you've included that children and/or teens can't develop and require cheating through the levels. Another thing is to double check the format you've used to add child and teen to your XML. Careers automatically come out of the tool being available for young adult/adult/elders, so you have to be careful when adding other ages, making sure all age references are altered, wherever they exist in any of your XML.

I would recommend recreating the career from scratch (you should be able to copy and paste into the fields), and testing it before you add child/teen to the mix. Keep an unaltered version saved to go back to as you try to make it available for the other ages.

Also, be sure not to use characters other than letters in your job level descriptions and titles, if you have, as that can cause problems.

Tbh, there's so many things that can go wrong, it's hard to pinpoint without seeing it, and my abilities with XML are limited. You're definitely best off posting in the forum, though. There are a lot of more knowledgeable people over there
Page 2 of 7