Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 9:41 PM Last edited by d4RE : 17th Jan 2019 at 2:47 AM. Reason: solved
Default [SOLVED] Is Hacking a Newspaper possible?
I have an idea for adding to the newspaper's interactions or pie menu, but having a hard time figuring out what object to clone to find the interactions. Can't even figure out in what semi-globals group they would be.

I've found some objects for "newspaper", "newspaper rolled", and "newspaper read", but they have no OBJFs, TTABs, or BHAVs that would point to any interactions.

Guessing that it's something spawned by the delivery person, but can't find the object itself to investigate how interactions even work with newspapers.

I know the answer is probably staring me right in the face, but I need a big sign with giant block letters and clearly delineated arrows to show me the path.

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 12:41 AM
Those sound like the GMDCs. You can find the newspaper under the "Unknown" section in the Object Workshop (your SimPE may need to be in "advance mode" in the settings). The GUID is 0xE6B26801, so you could also just use the "Open by GUID" button. That should get you what you need.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 2:46 AM
Yes! that is exactly what I was looking for. I went through those "unknowns" 4 or 5 times last night and never saw it.

These eyes....

Thank you very much.

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe