Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 3:06 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Game Freezes When I Try to Move Household In
So I was playing the sims 3 on my old computer. I got really excited because I got a new computer so I assumed it would run TS3 better. Here are my specs.
https://pastebin.com/ihPD4TCN

I was very wrong because my first problem was that my graphics card wasn't recognized. This caused the map to be grey/white. I also got an error saying my hardware could not be detected. I did all the changing around in the .sgr files to make it recognize it and that didn't work still. I ended up unplugging my monitor from the graphics card port and ended up using a VGA to plug it elsewhere. This ended up fixing the problem, at least I thought.
The map is not grey/white anymore but now whenever I try to move a new household in, it freezes as soon as I exit the tutorial and press play. My computer starts getting super loud and I have to force close the game. I've literally tried everything. I uninstalled and updated my drivers and even deleted the game and installed it all over again. I also tried to use it in Windowed mode but it still freezes around the same time. I'm so sad because I really wanna play but it seems borderline impossible. I also tried to switch the compatibility mode to Windows XP, that did not work either.

My deviceconfig is also empty. It literally just says === Options ===
=== Default Options ===
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
set compatibility to Win7

it's still frozen lol :/ like the sounds are on and the plumbob is moving and I can move my cursor but i just cant play the game when i move someone in
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
if it loads, it should have a deviceconfig for us to look at.

nope, it's still empty.