Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 3:43 AM
Have you ever created a fictional character in the sims?
I didn't know where to post this since there is no spot for any sims game in general (like not just one sims game, can be any). But I was just wondering if you made any fictional characters in the sims. I tried making Pokemon characters in the sims. I'm currently playing with my Homestuck sims in the sims 4 :lovestruc . Have you ever made fictional characters?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 4:08 AM
You'll probably have the most luck posting a thread like this in the forum for whichever game you're most interested in seeing responses from, or asking a moderator to move this thread into one of those forums (although you're definitely right, for something like this, an all-games-included forum would be nice)

As for me, I've certainly made a few real-fictional characters (Charles Xavier, Sheldon Cooper, Neal Caffrey, and Count Dracula all spring to mind), but I tend to have even more fun making characters who aren't copies of a particular fictional individual, but are still supposed to be part of whichever fictional universe has captured my fancy at the moment... which means, at the moment, my city runneth over with Marvel-inspired superheroes and supervillains...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
#3 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 4:30 AM
Naturally I took advantage of the Darth Vader outfit when I briefly flirted with Sims 4 - Every time Darth slammed the fridge door because he was 'in a mood' I could barely keep a straight face. That's my one and only fond memory of Sims 4.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 4:40 AM
I made one of my own characters in TS3, once, and it freaked me out. In the beginning, I just couldn't get her looking the way she did in my head - even how she looked before she got half her face eaten off, though I couldn't find any accurate CC for that, either - so I just gave up in frustration, created the household, and forgot about it. A few games later, I was startled to see her pop up in the neighborhood, because I didn't remember creating her. I'm still not sure how she got out of the sim bin, but I was really worried there for a moment.

My MTS writing group, The Story Board
Theorist
#5 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 4:58 AM
I've never had the interest to create fictional characters from fictional characters. Most of my own Sims were part of my imagination, not based on anything.

The only few Sims I actually based on something existing over the years are my parents, my brother, myself, my current gay couple in TS4 and some of the girlfriends I had in the game. These were mostly love interests from my high school, but my current Tina is based on Tina Weirather. And I really mean based on, because I'm not good enough in making exact copies from pictures in Sims. Although, I would not my mind if someone could make a proper Tina.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Scholar
#6 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 4:11 PM
When i was 15 or so i created my favorite anime guys so my simself could marry them. Damn, what have i thought then!?
Now i rarely create fictional characters as sims. I would love to create my favorite Dragon Age characters... but then i wouldn't be better than myself at age 15. ._.
Theorist
#7 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 5:56 PM
All the time.
Usually I try to make them look like the actor that played the character, and then give the sim the character's name. Like Tony Soprano, Dexter, Nucky Thompson, Agent Van Alden. I've done some cartoon and video game character ones as well like Zelda, Fat Albert, Tinkerbell. I've made tons and tons of them. Most not very good.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 5:55 AM
Totally, I am guilty, going back to The Sims 1.
Japanese characters from anime and video games were rampant in any neighborhood. I had seen Mario and Sonic protest against something in The Sims 3.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Instructor
#9 Old 7th Nov 2015 at 7:51 AM
I've made The Incredible Hulk, Londo from Babylon 5, and Whit from Adventures in odyssey. I even have a video up on youtube of them all walled into the same house together

Oh and I just found out that a few days ago my little sister made Morgan from Chuck on her copy of the game and wouldn't you know it, all he wants to do is sit around the house and play video games all day.

I find the most interesting part of recreating favorite characters from fiction in the Sims is figuring out which traits to give them in order to have them act like the characters you remember, that is pretty fun and as someone who enjoys writing I find it to be an interesting know way to think about characters and break them down.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Scholar
#10 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 7:33 PM
It's not something I do very often, but sometimes, yeah. One time I had a household made up of the clones from Orphan Black. It was great fun. I got some wonderfully in character moments. More recently I've been making a LOT of sims based on The 100. Over 30 so far, and lots more still to be made. I'm hoping to eventually give them a whole neighbourhood of their own to inhabit. If I ever get around to actually building the lots they'll need for it!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Inventor
#11 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 12:45 PM
I recently tried making human versions of the meerkat family from Meerkat Manor. But seeing as matriarch Flower had around 40 pups with 3 different males (who each had numerous amounts of pups with other females) it was hard to pick which of her children to use and which to pretend never existed. I picked the main ones that were prevalent on the show, like Shakespeare, Tosca, Mozart, Daisy, etc.

Plus I made Stumpy and wanted to give him the happy life he deserved!

But like all my games lately, once I got them in-game, I played for a little while and got bored. I'd like to try again when I have more motivation/inspiration.