Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 5:20 AM
"Cannot place on lot" but there is no lot.
Hi there,

I've been trying to rebuild lots around Sunset Valley. I deleted the lot that the school was on hoping to place two smaller lots on it instead. However when I try to place a lot there, it tells me "cannot place on lot" even though nothing is there, as you can see here.

I'm not sure why this is. I've tried it with other lots and it still gives me the same problem. Sometimes I even encounter this problem when I try to place it in an area where there were never lots in the first place. I searched around for solutions but the few results I've found don't seem to have any fixes.

It's very frustrating!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 7:01 AM
In your screenshot, I can see that you put the lot very close to the road and there are lots behind it, I think the ingame CAW reserves much more space between lot-road, lot-lot than the stand-alone CAW. Whenever I remove an EA lot or custom-world's lot, I rarely can put another lot into that same place in a way as neat as it was.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 12:13 PM
Sometimes some editing of the world objects is needed.
I removed the Traffic Sign, and then I could do it. Just takes some time to figure out which objects' footprints interferes with the new placement. If you can't use the World Editor to remove/move the objects, you need to do it in Live mode with an Active Sim and the testingcheatsenabled - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=426347.

Thread moved to Create -> Building. Help is generally when your game is broken...as the Announcement states.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 9:52 PM
Also, if you just removed the school lot, try saving the world then exiting to main menu and re-entering the world. Sometimes, the world needs rebooting to enable the routing to be refreshed.