Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 11:23 AM
Default Extracting color preset informations from patterns
I just created 60 patterns of wool fabric and used Delphy's Pattern Packager to create most of them. I just recently discovered that it can also save to sims3pack, I used TSR Workshop pattern tool previously to be able to have both sims3pack and package.

Anyway, The sims3packs I created with Delphy's Pattern Packager are not working in-game. Now I only have the working packages and would like to extract the color presets so that I can recreate the sims3packs using the TSRW Pattern tool so they look exactly like their package counterparts. I assume you would have to extract some information from the xml, but I don't know which part and how to convert the data into hex color codes. I appreciate any help!
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 11:57 AM
Well, my TextureTweaker exports *object* presets as xml, but the format may not be compatible with the one you can import to Workshop patterns. Actually, perhaps I will look into producing a compatible version, if it's possible. Thanks for the idea

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 2:17 PM Last edited by Simlicious : 29th Oct 2012 at 2:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Well, my TextureTweaker exports *object* presets as xml, but the format may not be compatible with the one you can import to Workshop patterns. Actually, perhaps I will look into producing a compatible version, if it's possible. Thanks for the idea

That would be wonderful!

So far, I am able to locate the colors in the xml- file of the pattern, but I don't understand it's format.
Code:
param type="color" name="Color 0" default="0.2627451,0.3647059,0.5333334,1.0000000"[/IMG]

This is part of the xml-data of one color channel.
The colors seem to be expressed in numbers ranging from 0 to 1. I don't know how I can convert those numbers to hex color codes that the TSR workshop pattern tool can actually read. Any ideas on how to do that? Is there a converter, a formula, something? I would do everything manually if I have to.

Edit: Never mind, figured it out! Numbers from 0 to 1 are used in the CMYK color model . Now I am able to convert those to hex color code.
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlicious
I just created 60 patterns of wool fabric and used Delphy's Pattern Packager to create most of them. I just recently discovered that it can also save to sims3pack, I used TSR Workshop pattern tool previously to be able to have both sims3pack and package.

Anyway, The sims3packs I created with Delphy's Pattern Packager are not working in-game. Now I only have the working packages and would like to extract the color presets so that I can recreate the sims3packs using the TSRW Pattern tool so they look exactly like their package counterparts. I assume you would have to extract some information from the xml, but I don't know which part and how to convert the data into hex color codes. I appreciate any help!

Hi,

Not that this will be of great help, but for some reason (as I have discovered myself) don't work in sims 3 if they are sims 3pack...instead if you use the pattern packager and make it a package file, it will work in the game