Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Catchup2018 - posted on 1st May 2018 at 1:50 PM
Replies: 229 (Who?), Viewed: 10792 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 10 of 10
Inventor
#226 Old 20th May 2018 at 12:29 PM Last edited by Norn : 20th May 2018 at 1:05 PM.
Testing results for the nameless Petlandia Cottage by Johnny and aisquared. It's a really cute house and the pets had fun running around in the garden

My findings (see attached screenshots):
- The ceiling could use some more love
- plenty unpainted walls in the roof sections
- the fireplace is very close to the table. Maybe add an "Fireproof" upgrade to it? (An alarm is on the lot.)
- there is no waste bin in the kitchen. This is no game breaker but they have to route quite far to the bin in the yard for everything. So maybe add one?

And then I didn't manage to pick up the toddler anywhere on upper floor. Maybe I didn't do it right, I tried several spots, I removed some of the toys to have more room but it still didn't seem enough. Maybe someone else can try it? For me, the toddler would always route to the stairs to be picked up downstairs thus of course blocking everything.
Screenshots
Inventor
#227 Old 20th May 2018 at 12:55 PM
Sorry for the triple post, but it may be easier to keep the different topics apart.

Generally I'm still not happy with the tourist trap lot. I don't see any connection to a "light fairy" theme nor does it in my opinion add to the looks of the world. Quite the contrary - imagine living in one of those cute litte huts and that is your view Also we have several nice parks now so there won't be lack of that functionality.

In addition, the fog emitter effect is not from BG/Pets, so it keeps resetting to fog.

Don't get me wrong, the lot itself is great, it's funny and I would love to see it in a larger world. I just don't think it fits Petlandia Village.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#228 Old 21st May 2018 at 3:17 AM
I like the Teal Acorn for the Johnny/ aisquared cottage, or maybe The Square Hamster

I agree with Norn about the Tourist Trap lot. Good lot, but not a good fit for Petlandia.

Also, can anyone or everyone, download the build version of the world and begin testing? If you need guidelines, just ask.

Need help building? Mentoring for Builders: Click Here

Looking for an amazing new Sci-Fi world? Visit SATURENORN
Inventor
#229 Old 21st May 2018 at 9:11 AM
Oh, the Square Hamster is great, too

For testing, it would be advisable if SimmyRN uploaded a world with all new lots already included - there has been quite some progress since the last WIP version. Better to test the original.
Scholar
#230 Old Yesterday at 8:00 AM
I've placed all the latest lots, made some adjustments and the corrections Norn noted. (Thanks, Norn!) Also removed the Tourist Trap lot. I agree it would be better for a post-apocalyptic or more modern world. I'll update the list / pictures in post # 1 tomorrow and post the Petlandia Village map for testing. We need to decide what, if any, additional lots we want/need to build. Another thought I had would be if we'd like to post a request for families for the village. They, of course, would have to meet the MTS guidelines for sims. I've never tried populating a world but I'm willing to give it a go if we think it's a good idea. Or, they could be posted separately like the EP lots we've discussed uploading. Thanks for all your efforts and let me know what you think, please!

Page 10 of 10