Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 8:00 AM
Replies: 4128 (Who?), Viewed: 156607 times.
Page 166 of 166
Mad Poster
#4126 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 3:49 PM
Hundreds being killed at concerts? Wow. Must be some bad music to kill all those people.

My vent is that every day this week, I've had maintenance in my apartment to try to clear a clogged sink. He can't seem to do it no matter what he tries. The sinks have always been easy to clog here and now I know why.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Inventor
#4127 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 1:06 AM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 18th Aug 2018 at 4:21 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
Guess I gotta re-watch Metalocalypse..again. Never noticed the nods to other bands in the series.

I think that many of these sly references are covered in the animated "Hatredcopter" video.

Okay...there's Burzum's the sandwich place...I don't think that the KQQZ radio station is a reference to anything (though I could be wrong)...there's Gorgoroth's Medical Supply...Google tells me that there's no band named "Semiview" (so the high school's nothing)...there's Marduk's Putt & Stuff...the cinema's nothing...Mammy Yak's is just the comedy club where Dethklok tried their hands at stand-up in the "Dethkomedy" episode...oh, that's just the Hatredcopter nukng Marduk's Putt & Stuff again...hey, is that garage a reference to Korporation Krappolla guitars? Okay, there's the Fintroll's Supermarket again...I think that's it for that video.

Of course, there's also the episode where Nathan gets his GED at Carpathian Forest High School after having a nightmare about working a fast food job at Dimmu Burger, and in the later "Dethgov" episode, Nathan went to Exhorder Elementary School when he was a little boy. At some point, Pickles was interviewed at a movie premiere for "The Rise of the Tyrant" (which, as the link states, is the name of an Arch Enemy album). At another point, Nathan orders a morningstar flail and a suit of medieval full plate armor from Kamelot. Dethklok also built the Saint Necrophagist Hospital to treat the surviving trauma victims from their concerts. Then Nathan went on a date with his new girlfriend and the rest of the band hung out at the Mastodon nightclub. Oh! Dethklok's record label is Crystal Mountain Records (and "Crystal Mountain" is a song from Death's "Symbolic" album), and in that same episode they visit Immortal Records and Carcass Hardware. At some point, they took over one of their own cover bands and played at the Iced Earth Skating Rink. The shopping mall in the "Dethmas" episode has a "Bed, Bathory and Beyond" store and another store named "Converge". Then Skwisgaar goes back to Sweden in the "Fatherklok" episode and hangs out at Malmsteen's Pub. That "Toki's Love Song" video back there has Toki going to the Suffocation Hotel to meet his cyberdate. In that "Doublebookedklok" episode back there (the one where they play in Syria and Israel at the same time), they stop at a Chimaira Mart. And near the end of the series, Murderface visits Doctor Sepultura's clinic, which is between a Morbid Angel strip club and an Angra's Burritos restaurant.

I'm sure there are plenty more references throughout the series, but this is just from a quick Googling and a few video browsings. Copy-Pasting all those links in, however, was not so quick, but every awesome forum post demands sacrifice, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
What surprised me more is the people still going to their shows despite hundreds of them being killed at every concert.

Hey, when you're good, you're good!

Plus, the routine death tolls may have been part of the charm. "Hey, let's go to this Dethklok concert in two days! I wonder how many people are going to die this time!" "But Joe...what if this death toll includes us?" "Oh, yeah. Good point. I'd better call up my lawyer so I can set up my Will and leave everything to my dog!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
Hundreds being killed at concerts? Wow. Must be some bad music to kill all those people.

Nah, the music's magnificent (at least, if you're a metalhead; Brendon Small is a heavy metal maestro). It's just that — whether due to the band's previously haywud-mentioned incompetence, the band's very bad ideas or just plain bad luck — something at every Dethklok concert manages to go terribly, terribly wrong.

...yeah, like that.

(As far as that concert-slash-mass-pet-neutering, I think they should have opened with "Castratikron" instead of "I Ejaculate Fire". But that's just me. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
My vent is that every day this week, I've had maintenance in my apartment to try to clear a clogged sink. He can't seem to do it no matter what he tries. The sinks have always been easy to clog here and now I know why.

Ah, the horrors of apartment complex maintenance and repair. I once waited (while placing increasingly upset phone calls to the landlords) for two years before the management sent someone up to replace the rotted-out P-trap under my bathroom sink. I had a bucket under the P-trap, and I had to empty the bucket into the toilet every time it got too full...it was a mess. World Class laissez-faire management there. Thanks for nothing, Roberts Realty!

(EDIT: Ooh! More metal song references from the video in heywud's post back there! That part where Nathan hijacks the grocery store's PA system? "Rotted Body Landslide," "Every Bone Broken" and "Hammer Smashed Face" are all Cannibal Corpse songs! Why didn't I catch that before? Eh, probably because I'm not a Cannibal Corpse fan; Kamelot, Epica, Nightwish, After Forever, Blind Guardian and symphonic metal in general are more to my taste, though I also enjoy bands like Iced Earth, Stratovarius and Cradle of Filth from time to time. )

"$21! Oh, how COULD you?" --Kankritty
Field Researcher
#4128 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 6:50 AM
Well my phone payment won't process, I gotta be up at early ass o'clock (6am) on a SATURDAY for a board meeting that I kinda wanted to skip but I don't want to be nagged later, I have no idea how I am supposed to get my certification to the insurance bureau to validate my state license, I got some pounds on me that I can't get off and I am super tired already. On top of that my wife and roomie irritate me.

- Sent from my iHell
Mad Poster
#4129 Old Yesterday at 3:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzatron-9000
Ah, the horrors of apartment complex maintenance and repair. I once waited (while placing increasingly upset phone calls to the landlords) for two years before the management sent someone up to replace the rotted-out P-trap under my bathroom sink. I had a bucket under the P-trap, and I had to empty the bucket into the toilet every time it got too full...it was a mess. World Class laissez-faire management there. Thanks for nothing, Roberts Realty!

The sad thing is they're really trying. Our last apartment manager (the 4th in 2 years) got angry because they wouldn't give the maintenance man (5th in 2 years) a raise. They'd both been here a year and he was due one. So, he got a MUCH better job and left. So, she hired this sweet young kid. Then she left when they wouldn't give her a raise.

The kid is about 20 years old and he can't fix anything. Nothing. He changed a light bulb for me one time and that really taxed his capabilities. Anyway, he left around 3:30 Friday afternoon and said he was going to talk to the apartment manager. And that was it. He didn't come back.

The sink drains now at least. It's slow, but it drains.

I'm just giving up on this place, I think. I'll go month to month when my lease runs out till I find another place.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Page 166 of 166