Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1201 Old 11th May 2024 at 5:25 AM
As a note, but of these are about leisure activities (dining, swinmimg) in location-specific themes (Paris, Mediterranean) so I believe the next theme is Travel or Culture.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1202 Old 13th May 2024 at 9:22 PM
An entire expansion pack based on romance?

Being fair, we have had social/romance packs in the past, but they typically revolved around more than just romance.

Hot Date was the pack that opened up the game and allowed sims to leave home, shop, dine, date and hang out at an entire area away from home in a variety of social settings.

Nightlife was also innovative, introducing several new venues for the family to engage in, dates, rage, an a new personality system enhancement. Of course CARS and new social mechanics.

Previous romance parks were innovative, and also introduced early in the game’s life span. They replaced romance with hanging out, so what innovations they’ll add are up in the air.

Romantic Attraction?
Astrology?
Online Dating?
Better Engagements?
Heart Shaped Tubs & Beds?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1203 Old Yesterday at 1:41 AM
I stopped looking for logic in their packs. What difference it would make if people still buy these packs? Hardly any.

Who cares about astrology, internet invitation to date and heart shape objects, when those novelty are nothing without chemistry system. Sexual orientation options shown that the GAME CANT EVEN HANDLE ITS FLAGS. All of it would be broken.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#1204 Old Yesterday at 2:14 PM
even if you stopped playing just a year old, it would be very expensive to try to give this game a "2nd chance", not just the upcoming packs but the packs you already missed out on, the game has never been uglier.
Mad Poster
#1205 Old Yesterday at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Who cares about astrology, internet invitation to date and heart shape objects, when those novelty are nothing without chemistry system.

I found the social compatibility system in Growing Together to be the basis for romantic compatibility. It was an easy in for the romance pack we have now. Same with rental lot zoning in For Rent being an easy in for hotels, or multi-lot zoning if they chose to add it later. I can see an "Attraction" filter in or in addition to the likes and dislikes category: Hair Colors, Wealth, Astrological Sign, etc.. If the goal is romance, why not?

I'd also like to see cute or otherwise "mature" things added back in to seal the idea or romance and dating. Ideas because I'm bored at home...

Romantic Items:
Bear Skin Rugs (For Woo-Hoo)
Picnic Blankets (For Woo-Hoo)
Heart Shaped Bed
Heart Shaped Hot Tub
Couples Swing Set (For Couples)

Gameplay Items:
"Poker" Table
Arcade Cabinet
Large Covered Arcade Machine (For Woo-Hoo)
Slot Machine

Venues & Neighborhood:
New Festivals: Film, Romance
Gift Vendor (Flowers, Stuffed Animals, Chocolates, Perfume/Cologne)
Theater (NPC Sims autonomously perform romantic music, sing, read poetry, or act. Sims may dine and drink, while a service NPC cooks and serves food. Televisions play pack unique movies.)
Arcades (Place for teens to play arcade game and for adult Sims to gamble).
Escape Room Venue (Sims fiddle with specific gameplay objects in themed rooms until they randomly solve a puzzle which can be done in groups of up to 4. Players can make their own. Requires high logic).
- Example: Desks, Wardrobes, Grandfather Clocks, Trash Cans, Chests, Cabinets, Stuffed Animal, Paintings, Mural, Statues)

New Interactions:
Hand Holding While Walking
Serenade (Guitar, Singing, Saxophone, Violin)
Kiss Up Arm
Table Engagements
Text Breakups

New Skills:
Perfume Making
Saxophone
Opera

Additionally, romance shouldn't be limited to adults. Teens should have dates to experience, and kids should at least have crushes.

Page 49 of 49