Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 12:06 AM
Default The Sims Beta
I keep hearing about this weird thing! There's a Sims 3 Beta for downloading. I've looking for it everywhere. It seems as though one guy has it and he thanked the other guy on youtube. If anyone has it please be nice. I just want to discuss is it true! :confused:
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 12:10 AM
Given that there is no offical word of a beta (and why would EA release one? They never have before), I highly doubt this is true. It's more likely to be one guy looking for his fifteen minutes of internet fame.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 12:28 AM
Lol. I found it here. You could try downloading it, but i think it's just a hoax.

http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cach...clnk&cd=6&gl=ro
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 12:32 AM
I'm not brave enough to download that. It's probably a virus
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 12:43 AM
I tried the link and it doesnt work. Neither does the video. Try to really find it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 1:28 AM
Does anyone "have" the actual beta sims 3 download? Prove that you really have it!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 1:33 AM
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 6:13 PM
Yeah, I doubt this would ever happen.
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 7:57 PM
And if there, against all odds, ever IS a Sims 3 Beta link, think long and hard before you install it on any PC where you care about the files. Internal Betas are buggy, unoptimized, and may in some cases damage Windows or other files, like documents.

This is not even considering the very likely possibility that it's a clever scam to get a nasty virus out. Could you resist running "Sims3.exe" if it came with a lot of folders containing files that look real? I value PC safety, but even I would be tempted.

Basically the rule of internal Betas, especially those that are leaked is simple: "DON'T!"

It's not worth the very real risk of a horribly bugged Beta or a virus.

Do note that if it was a Beta purposely released by EA, go ahead and go nuts. Just get it from an official source if they do. But they won't, it's not an MMO.